SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#486992 - 01/16/20 08:41 PM Oh Happy Day --- Fixed!!!
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
My organ, that is. "Fixed" it myself. Couldn't find anyone to fix it so I opened it up, pulled all five circuit boards (there's one for each set of drawbars and the pedals) and every connector I could find, cleaned and reseated them all and plugged it back in. Miracle!!! It worked. Not only did it work but the low-level hum that always plagued it was gone and it was crystal clear. It was so quiet I didn't think it was on until I hit a key. It sounds better than ever and I'm thinking probably a loose connection from shipping and/or initial (poor) assembly. In any case, I'm estatic and so is my SEVEN smile who has just been waiting to get together with it. They're in seperate rooms so it's a PITA to record them together but I'm working on a plan to permanently get them together; probably an 'L' shape configuration. At the moment, they are not well balanced in the mixer but hey, I'll get around to it once they're permanantly set up.

Celebration tune. Arranger connection is....Tenor Sax is my old PA1x Pro (I know it's not authentic, I just like the sound of it smile ). And yes, I know, the mix is lousy plus I didn't bother to equalize, normalize, compress, or otherwise tweak it. I'll do that once I do a 'guitar' version with my friend/guitarist, Bob. He's a beautiful player.

https://app.box.com/s/ljsqn3960msz8hc9rc9ojbu7u62y2vsx

chas

#486993 - 01/16/20 08:58 PM Re: Oh Happy Day --- Fixed!!! [Re: cgiles]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
That's great Chas! Some fine pickin' there. Love that Sax. I'm thinking about waking up the baby's momma to see if she wants to dance. smile

#486997 - 01/16/20 09:55 PM Re: Oh Happy Day --- Fixed!!! [Re: cgiles]
salsaman Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA., USA
That is one great rendition of a classic. I loved the organ and the sax part was spectacular. I'm working on doing my own arrangement of the tune. Inspirational

#486999 - 01/17/20 12:36 AM Re: Oh Happy Day --- Fixed!!! [Re: cgiles]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By cgiles
My organ, that is. "Fixed" it myself. Couldn't find anyone to fix it so I opened it up, pulled all five circuit boards (there's one for each set of drawbars and the pedals) and every connector I could find, cleaned and reseated them all and plugged it back in. Miracle!!! It worked. Not only did it work but the low-level hum that always plagued it was gone and it was crystal clear. It was so quiet I didn't think it was on until I hit a key. It sounds better than ever and I'm thinking probably a loose connection from shipping and/or initial (poor) assembly. In any case, I'm estatic and so is my SEVEN smile who has just been waiting to get together with it. They're in seperate rooms so it's a PITA to record them together but I'm working on a plan to permanently get them together; probably an 'L' shape configuration. At the moment, they are not well balanced in the mixer but hey, I'll get around to it once they're permanantly set up.

Celebration tune. Arranger connection is....Tenor Sax is my old PA1x Pro (I know it's not authentic, I just like the sound of it smile ). And yes, I know, the mix is lousy plus I didn't bother to equalize, normalize, compress, or otherwise tweak it. I'll do that once I do a 'guitar' version with my friend/guitarist, Bob. He's a beautiful player.

https://app.box.com/s/ljsqn3960msz8hc9rc9ojbu7u62y2vsx

chas

Did you check on The Organ Form as they are pretty good at helping with problems.
May be worth adding it to your bookmarks in case you have problems in the future.

Bill

#487006 - 01/17/20 05:03 AM Re: Oh Happy Day --- Fixed!!! [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Thanks guys, and thanks for the tip, Bill. I knew there was an organ forum out there somewhere and this one seems pretty comprehensive. Looking forward to perusing it.

chas

#487010 - 01/17/20 06:04 AM Re: Oh Happy Day --- Fixed!!! [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Chas so glad you fixed the problem...and happy your using Box.com to post your work.....
That said clap Bravo my man Bravo....
excellent arrangement and rendition of this classic tune.....
Well played and balanced, great instrumentation too.
I really enjoyed listening and it made my morning coffee
bright and put me in a Happy Mood!!
I hope this isn't a one shot deal and we will hear
many more tunes in the future.
Thank you for sharing your work. headphone

Edited by Dnj (01/17/20 06:05 AM)

#487012 - 01/17/20 06:29 AM Re: Oh Happy Day --- Fixed!!! [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Why thank you, Donny. It's a simple 4 chord tune but I love the words and message. I wish I had your voice, I can hear it in my head but sadly, the throat won't cooperate smile.

chas

#487014 - 01/17/20 06:33 AM Re: Oh Happy Day --- Fixed!!! [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
Why thank you, Donny. It's a simple 4 chord tune but I love the words and message. I wish I had your voice, I can hear it in my head but sadly, the throat won't cooperate smile.

chas

Thank you sir,....just keep em coming.
It's my pleasure to listen for sure. headphone

#487024 - 01/17/20 07:32 AM Re: Oh Happy Day --- Fixed!!! [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
OK, so FIXED - FINALLY initially gets my attention, so I open the post and I see MY ORGAN so now I REALLY have to see what chas is up to now confused1
And what do I get? ... My kind of music, and some great musicianship ... bow
Thank you, chas ...
The ONLY disappointment was the lack of an organ solo ... hopefully next time ...
BTW, bass - foot pedals? ... drums ?

#487026 - 01/17/20 07:40 AM Re: Oh Happy Day --- Fixed!!! [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Great news, Chas. Sounds great as well.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online