SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#486791 - 01/14/20 01:29 AM Re: Roland Fantom....for serious playing.. [Re: leeboy]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By leeboy
Well, to me the arranger is more like the organs I used to own...and now no more, so I use it like a high end organ of days gone by.....Given my real preference I would love to have all the function and sounds in a Genos in a 2 manual organ. Wow, would that be Coooool!

Yamaha still make organs (Electones) which have most of the arrangers features, (The features that are only relevant to arranger play and which are superfluous on an organ are the only ones missing) the only downside is that you have to import them from Japan. (Taros Trade)

Bill

#486792 - 01/14/20 01:35 AM Re: Roland Fantom....for serious playing.. [Re: squeak_D]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By squeak_D
That’s where the arranger player needs to get more involved when it comes to style repetitiveness. If you want to avoid that issue, then you have to dig in and edit the variations. It can get repetitive on a workstation as well. If you create your own backing tracks and chain those patterns in a more traditional way (intro/variations/fills/ending), it can be just as repetitive. The arrangers giveaway will always be the bass track. If you want your arranger compositions to really open up, delete the bass track from a style, and record it manually, and linear. Auto Accomp will always sound “auto” due to programming limitations so various parts work with chord recognition.

Sqk

Get yourself a stand, pedalboard and expression pedal and you wont need all the easy play features of an arranger that make it boring and repetitive, plus if you play live people will know you are playing the instrument rather than just pressing buttons karaoke style. (The only downside is that you loose the press a button and everything is done for you of an arranger, but this is compensated for as it is way more satisfying to play the parts yourself)

Bill

#486797 - 01/14/20 05:22 AM Re: Roland Fantom....for serious playing.. [Re: Dnj]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By Dnj
Why are arrange players turned off by workstations like this?..

I am not turned off by workstations I actually like them. But I don’t use hardware workstations anymore. Everything today can be done with a iPad. This is the future I think. But there is one is I wouldn’t say no to and that’s the Montage.

Edited by FransN (01/14/20 05:24 AM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online