SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#486204 - 01/08/20 09:54 AM Re: Illness report [Re: cgiles]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Russ
So sorry to hear of your illness and to make it worse the fact that you just can't rest fully and relax. YOu've talked before about cutting back so maybe this could be a sign that its time.
Get well and feel better soon. Do what you have to to get thru your deadlines and then sit back and look at the big picture.

#486206 - 01/08/20 10:18 AM Re: Illness report [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Russ is just a crotchety old man and the only reason I'm nice to him is that I'm hoping to get one of those B3's in his will. The problem is, despite this temporary setback, I don't think I'll be able to outlast him smile (only the good die young).

All kidding aside, Russ is a terrific guy and one could not wish for a better friend. We share an affinity for the same causes (Homelessness--'Habitat for Humanity-Musicians Village', nursing home reform, music programs in underserved schools, etc., etc., and a general willingness to help anyone that deserves it....and a lot that don't smile ). His biggest fault; working too hard. Like Gary, we'd like to keep him around for a long, long time (I can wait for that B3 smile ). So even though it's a waste of breath, Russ, SLOW DOWN. We've reached that 'funky' age group where (bad) things can happen suddenly and unexpectedly. This is the time to enjoy life, not a race to the end. If I were a 'believer', I'd say that maybe that 'boot' (on your arthritic foot) might be God's way of putting an ankle monitor on you smile. Talk to you soon.

chas

#486207 - 01/08/20 10:18 AM Re: Illness report [Re: cgiles]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Glad to hear you are on the road back my friend. Screw the deadlines; take care of yourself first.

#486211 - 01/08/20 10:26 AM Re: Illness report [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Gout ain't no joke..ouch!

#486214 - 01/08/20 11:07 AM Re: Illness report [Re: cgiles]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Wishing you well Russ. Take plenty of time to relax. How about cutting back those crazy hours and projects? Take a long vacation, screw the deadlines!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#486220 - 01/08/20 11:33 AM Re: Illness report [Re: montunoman]
Terrysutt Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Get well soon Russ,your feedback to the posts is very important.

#486355 - 01/09/20 02:25 PM Re: Illness report [Re: cgiles]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Hey, folks. In bed with two computers going trying to meet my deadline...proofs going to Atlanta, Italy, California.

Calling in sick. Only the third time in 63 years (the last three days).

Problem now it pneumonia. Woke up with it the day after the hospital fiasco. Probably caught it in the emergency room (duh! sick people go there) as a result of immune system compromization from steroids.

My Dr. and lawyer are outraged and want my to sue. Not really interested in that, but am considering asking for a review by some regulators.

Believe me, none of you ever want to deal with a full-blown case of gout.

OUCH!

Thanks for the good thoughts.

R.

#486371 - 01/09/20 04:19 PM Re: Illness report [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Gout is the nastiest, most painful malady I can think of, I've had it three times, each time the cure was just three tiny pills, 2 right away and 1 an hour later, and within another couple hours the pain was gone. The only known cause is dietary, uric acid crystals in the joints, usually the big toes of the foot. There is no pain pill that will alleviate the pain that I know of, including morphine.

Just got off the phone with Russ, he sounds awful, hacking his brains out with pneumonia and probably should be on some heavy-duty antibiotics and bed rest.

Take care of yourself, old friend,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#486375 - 01/09/20 04:50 PM Re: Illness report [Re: travlin'easy]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Gary....BURP!(LOL)

(He knows what I mean)!

R.

Edited by captain Russ (01/09/20 04:52 PM)

#486377 - 01/09/20 05:08 PM Re: Illness report [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
OH YEAH! smile smile smile

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online