SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#486158 - 01/07/20 11:52 PM Re: Illness report [Re: cgiles]
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Hi Russ, my thoughts are with you as well.
Whatever the problem, i am sure you can handle it.

Good luck.

Ray dance

#486160 - 01/08/20 02:52 AM Re: Illness report [Re: cgiles]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Russ,

I wish you the best, a speedy recovery and pray for your return to good health.

#486161 - 01/08/20 03:26 AM Re: Illness report [Re: cgiles]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Hi Russ, for some reason I picture you as a heathy, get-things-done kind of guy. I was shocked to learn how sick you were. Russ, get well quickly, you have my prayers and concern. We need you here, your stories are positives, always nice to read.

John C.

#486165 - 01/08/20 04:49 AM Re: Illness report [Re: cgiles]
Crossover Offline

Speedy and substantial recovery!

#486171 - 01/08/20 05:52 AM Re: Illness report [Re: cgiles]
zuki Offline

Wishing you the best Russ. Get well soon and maybe SLOW DOWN smile

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#486176 - 01/08/20 06:41 AM Re: Illness report [Re: zuki]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Russ, wishing you the best for a speedy recovery.
Mitch

#486181 - 01/08/20 07:31 AM Re: Illness report [Re: cgiles]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Best wishes for a fast recovery!

#486187 - 01/08/20 07:44 AM Re: Illness report [Re: cgiles]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
I had a quick glance at this post this morning to see if there's a "latest" on Russ's condition. Reading through the messages, I had a "light bulb" moment. Let me see if I can put this into proper wording.

It has to be "heart-warming" to see all the activity on this post, both for Russ AND for the rest of us members. I think we all jab at each other here and there for different reasons, but when the chips are down for someone, we all come together in a supportive manner. AND...there's an old saying, I don't remember exactly how it goes...something like: "you don't miss the horse until it leaves the stable." '

Well, many of us have never met each other, so we can't speak on a personal level. But we know each other through our writings.

So, if something were to happen to any of us, it's the "writings" we will miss. Russ is a very unconventional (and unorthodox?) person. And, I consider him to be a very decent person....and....encouraging to the rest of us with that demanding work schedule of his. And that's part of the beauty of him.

I have to get my day started. I close with this. Most of you know by now that I have my differences with Donny and Chas. But, I think that if either of them were to sustain "dire health circumstances" I'd be right there with the rest of you offering my support in any way I could.

I don't consider myself "family" in this group, but having spent most of my life without my own family, this is probably the closest I'll come to it.

Now, back to Russ until he comes out of the "danger" zone.

P.S. I think I DID "put this into proper wording." Again, back to work!

#486199 - 01/08/20 09:17 AM Re: Illness report [Re: cgiles]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Hey Russ, thinking of you and your recovery. Remember, music is the great healer so take this opportunity to listen to your favorite or maybe even some new music to help the healing process along. You'll be surprised how SWEET it will sound.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#486201 - 01/08/20 09:29 AM Re: Illness report [Re: Mark79100]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Mark, I consider you to be family here. You show a wonderful level of sensitivity and articulate thought that is rare anymore.
Any reasonable person would recognize that even during a confrontational interaction, you are sincere and take great pains to support your position.

And Chas. I really can't imagine that you could EVER do or say anything to upset me.

Thanks everyone. Basically,I got a severe flare-up of gout...the most painful thing I ever experienced.

That wasn't the worst part. Add over medication that could have triggered heart and kidney failure, A blown blood draw and a blown IV...both placed incorrectly, an arm that made me look like Popeye, and emergency EKG and additional monitoring and lots more little screw-ups....all this at the best hospital in the area. They say my arm and hand will be black and blue for a month.

I'm on anti inflammatory drugs and steroids. The steroids destroyed my immune system, make standing hard and I have a terrible case of the flu.

The thing about my business is, clients want you to meet deadlines and don't really care if you kick off...you just have to deliver. I am fighting a deadline on materials for a national Home Depot meeting in Texas week after next, and missing the deadline is not an option.

Never had this before, but learned that the most emergency room visits are between Thanksgiving and New Year. Turkey has purine acid. I had turkey for 10 nights in a row and a turkey sandwich on the way to my session. THAT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN!

Just like Arnold...I'LL BE BACK!

Thanks so much,

Russ (the gimp) Lay

Man, I hate this boot.

Edited by captain Russ (01/08/20 10:17 AM)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online