SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#486105 - 01/07/20 04:30 PM Illness report
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
This is not 'sanctioned' so I hope he doesn't get pissed at me.

Capt Russ is not a whiner or complainer so he's not going to say anything, but he's spent a few days in the hospital with several health problems, one very dangerous. For privacy reasons, I won't go into details but how about sending him some love while he's down and out.

chas

#486110 - 01/07/20 04:59 PM Re: Illness report [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Russ and I talk regularly, and from our recent conversation, he was fortunate to make it out of the hospital before those stupid SOBs killed him.

I have an appointment with the doc at the VA Hospital in Perryville, Maryland tomorrow morning at 11:15, but we just got dumped on with 2 inches of wet snow. Hopefully, I'll be able to get out of the driveway at 10 tomorrow morning, but it's gonna be just 33 degrees tomorrow, which translates into ice covered roads and driveway. Just might have to cancel the appointment. The new doc there is a good friend and excellent pulmonary physiologist. Glad he went with the VA and hope he can come up with something that will be beneficial.

Chas, Russ considers you a good friend, and I'm confident that he would not be pissed at you for posting this information. We talk frequently, and I too am happy to call him a good friend and with luck hope to see him before my untimely demise.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#486111 - 01/07/20 05:06 PM Re: Illness report [Re: cgiles]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Russ,
hope you get better soon.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#486122 - 01/07/20 05:52 PM Re: Illness report [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Get well soon Russ

#486123 - 01/07/20 05:54 PM Re: Illness report [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By cgiles
but how about sending him some love while he's down and out.

chas

DONE !
Thanks for the heads up chas ...

#486131 - 01/07/20 06:17 PM Re: Illness report [Re: cgiles]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Chas - no hijack intended, but a few of your old Philly friends have passed recently. Bennie Cintioli just died, and a few short weeks ago, his wife Margott preceded him. This guy was a Philly LEGEND.
https://kywnewsradio.radio.com/articles/news/benny-cintioli-owner-of-cintioli-music-has-died

#486137 - 01/07/20 07:17 PM Re: Illness report [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Chas - no hijack intended, but a few of your old Philly friends have passed recently. Bennie Cintioli just died, and a few short weeks ago, his wife Margott preceded him. This guy was a Philly LEGEND.
https://kywnewsradio.radio.com/articles/news/benny-cintioli-owner-of-cintioli-music-has-died

R. I. P.... Benny was a great guy and a legend..

#486138 - 01/07/20 07:17 PM Re: Illness report [Re: cgiles]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Hang in there Russ. Wishing you a speedy recovery

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#486139 - 01/07/20 07:22 PM Re: Illness report [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
OMG. I'm shocked....and very sad. Like a lot of you guys in the Philly area (Fran), Bennie was ....gosh, I don't know if LEGEND is the right word; suffice it to say, if you didn't know Benny (and Margott) on a first name basis, you weren't a Philly-area musician. This is indeed very sad news.

chas

#486152 - 01/07/20 09:18 PM Re: Illness report [Re: cgiles]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Back to Russ...

Russ and I have had quite a bit of personal correspondence a while ago. I'm absolutely amazed with the hectic schedule he leads, the projects he takes on at one time, his appreciation for what he does and his appreciation for his ability to TAKE it all on...and...still have time to play his instruments.

So....I'm hoping that it's just maybe "exhaustion" and nothing seriously medically wrong. I'm also hoping the old saying: "you can't keep a good musician down" chimes in here.

Me too saying "get well soon, Russ....your projects are waiting for you!"

Your good friend.....Mark

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online