SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#485790 - 01/04/20 09:16 AM Re: We are being replaced? [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango
How do the robots communicate with the audience and interact with them..
How do the robots answer questions , take request, greet folks as they come in...by name..

I don't think I will ever be replaced, grin

don't be so sure Fran..

#485799 - 01/04/20 09:54 AM Re: We are being replaced? [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... and automated telephone answering systems that respond to your questions? ...
But not yet as musicians ...

#485801 - 01/04/20 10:03 AM Re: We are being replaced? [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
... and automated telephone answering systems that respond to your questions? ...
But not yet as musicians ...

not yet......

#485802 - 01/04/20 10:49 AM Re: We are being replaced? [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Music, it's creation, quality, advancement, and direction, will almost always be determined by WHAT THE AUDIENCE IS WILLING TO ACCEPT. if garbage becomes popular and makes money, then it will be mass-produced ad nauseum until the next 'trend' comes along. The once popular 'jazz' ran it's course and gave way to a simpler (and supposedly more 'accessible') musical form known as 'rock-n-roll', which took the world by storm. Not only could more people dance to it, sing along to it, but also PLAY it (3 chords is easier than 30).

As humans, we constantly strive to make life easier, not always to our betterment (fast foods, instant coffee, rock-n-roll). In time we delude ourselves into believing that a Big Mac is just as good as a perfectly grilled steak (and all it takes is a quick credit card swipe). Music, however, is somewhat more complicated. We can use all kinds of tools, including arranger keyboards, in a creative way to produce worthwhile musical performances. The problem (IN MY OPINION) is when the technology, in this case the arranger keyboard, is used to REPLACE a basic knowledge of music, a lack of talent, and a lack of playing skills. What is interesting, and noted many times from the PLAYERS on THIS forum, is the mention of the pleasure derived from just sitting down occasionally at their acoustic (or digital) pianos or guitars and just playing (with no technological assist).

There are sound economic (AND creative) reasons to include arranger keyboards in one's musical arsenal but I hope technology never replaces artistry and a sound musical background (including theory and performance) as the future of music making.

chas

#485803 - 01/04/20 10:51 AM Re: We are being replaced? [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
+ 1

#485805 - 01/04/20 11:07 AM Re: We are being replaced? [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Chas that is true and deep thoughts...but as we all know your don't necessarily have to use the auto accompaniment when you play an arranger..it's very versatile and that's the beauty of it. ....
just simply shut it off and play piano, organ strings, ep,
or what ever to get your happiness on.

that said

FLY EAGLES FLY

#485817 - 01/04/20 12:00 PM Re: We are being replaced? [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Donny, let me state once again, when I reference ARRANGER KEYBOARDS, I am always talking about there usage in auto-accompaniment mode. When NOT being used that way, as far as I'm concerned, they're just a 'synth'. No disrespect, REALLY, but I do get a little annoyed when people (usually defensively) start pointing out how they can be used as a NON-arranger. When I say ARRANGER, I mean ARRANGER. You could also use it as boat anchor, that's NOT it's primary design purpose. Remember, YOU posed the question "are we being replaced" (or that's what I think you meant). Therefore, my post was a response to that question, NOT whatever....

BTW, even though I'm pulling for them, if the Eagles win, it will be just like the Revolutionary war, where a bunch of rag-tag colonist, against all odds, were able to defeat the Kings army. Injuries are a teams bigges enemy, but I'll try to stay hopeful. Let's hope Wentz has a SUPER game.

chas (Gary's gonna' have the last laugh smile )

#485824 - 01/04/20 12:43 PM Re: We are being replaced? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
smile

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#485829 - 01/04/20 01:45 PM Re: We are being replaced? [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
WOW I love the expressive feeling that those mechanical fingers play with............................ NOT!!

Edited by Stephenm52 (01/04/20 01:46 PM)

#485830 - 01/04/20 01:46 PM Re: We are being replaced? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Chas..
Cannot agree but respect your opinion..

How about the rest of you people care to chime in?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online