SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#485638 - 01/02/20 06:37 PM Bright Lights Big City
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Blues, Jazz, and a little Country. Willie and Wynton...

Whatdaya think Chas?

#485639 - 01/02/20 07:57 PM Re: Bright Lights Big City [Re: DonM]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Love it, love it, love it. And you know Wynton is a prima donna that will only play with the very best....so that tells you what he thinks of Willie. For REAL artists, only their artistry matters. Wish the rest of a diverse world could come together like this. Always loved Willie, going all the way back to when he was a mostly unknown songwriter writing some of the best R&B, yes, I said R&B, songs ever. Love it. Thanks Don.

chas

#485654 - 01/02/20 11:37 PM Re: Bright Lights Big City [Re: DonM]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
I'm on the same page as you guys. To me, Willie Nelson can do no wrong. And Wynton the same And....the blues...the same!

Willie, I think, is both underrated and unappreciated. Great singer and a great composer of great music. A lot don't know most of the really good songs he wrote.

He even sang these songs (polkas) with Jimmy Sturr. I listen to them a lot! P.S. Jimmy Sturr arranged these tunes...fantastic work....makes you want to dance anywhere...even in your car. I'd love to hear someone do similar versions on an arranger keyboard.

#485668 - 01/03/20 06:05 AM Re: Bright Lights Big City [Re: DonM]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
The way I see it , this collaboration totally makes sense. Jazz, country, rock and other popular music forms all draw heavily from the blues. The blues is our musical common denominator.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online