SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#485488 - 12/31/19 02:44 PM Re: SETTING UP A GENOS OR SX900 PLAYLIST VERSIONS [Re: bruno123]
Dnj Offline

Thanx John... Can't wait to hear your version of the song... I play it all the time great standard.

Happy New Year

#485556 - 01/01/20 10:53 AM Re: SETTING UP A GENOS OR SX900 PLAYLIST VERSIONS [Re: Dnj]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
My IMMEDIATE impression of the Genos Playlist and Registration function is similar to Donny's. I have hundreds of entries in my Korg Songbook. To create an entry you simply load a style, midi, or MP3; press and hold the Songbook function and BOOM its added to the songbook. You can then simply go into songbook with one keypress and press ADD TO SETLIST for the current setlist. Boom your done.

On the Genos its lots more button pushes:
Call up the Style, Midi, Mp3, voices, etc.
Press MEMORY and Registration 1
Press on the Registration name in the Home menu
Press MENU, select Registration Edit,
Press SAVE, SAve at location while changing the Name to the SONG you are saving.
Press Playlist
Press ADD TO Playlist
Press SAVE
SAVE the Playlist (so you don't lose it when power off)
Done

Now you tell me which is the better workflow for adding/setting up 100's of new songs?

Also, the Registration function does not contain any song specific metadata such as Author, Genre, Tempo, etc.
Also, the Registration function does not allow sorting on Date or any other metadata.
Also, the MP3 Player on the Genos is not as robust as the Korg either. I will have to compromise to make it work.

The Korg system is MUCH better.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#485576 - 01/01/20 04:03 PM Re: SETTING UP A GENOS OR SX900 PLAYLIST VERSIONS [Re: kbrkr]
Dnj Offline

Al I certainly hear you big time!! .. computer

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online