SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#485704 - 01/03/20 02:13 PM Re: Question on Sx Multi-pads. [Re: rikkisbears]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By rikkisbears
Thank you for the pads Donny,
I’ll have to download when I get my laptop set up.

Please enjoy ...I hope they will be useful for you...
good luck

#485705 - 01/03/20 02:13 PM Re: Question on Sx Multi-pads. [Re: bruno123]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By bruno123
Donny, thanks again, I'll think of you when I start fiddling.

Best of everything my friend, John C.

Go for it John .....there are some goodies in there for sure....
have fun!

#485711 - 01/03/20 04:47 PM Re: Question on Sx Multi-pads. [Re: rikkisbears]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia

I don’t think you can mix n match pads from different groups in the sx itself. ( like the korg) There is free software available that should allow you to do it. Haven’t tried it yet.
There is a certain amount of onboard editing, ie copy and paste, but I think it may just be for the pad you’re editing at the time. I’m doing some more checking later today, be great if I’m proven wrong. There’s also step edit and record and record of course.

BRILLIANT, I was wrong, you can mix n match pads from various multi pads.

Main screen, tap multi pad icon.
Choose preset or User.
Pick Pad
Press Menu , Multi Pad Edit
Choose pad you want to copy, press copy icon
Press X to exit
Choose Multi Pad to want to copy to
Press Menu , Multi pad Edit
Choose pad you want to replace
Press Paste
Press X
Up pops screen asking if you want to Save.
It takes you to User, Save here, you rename etc etc

How brilliant, doesn’t require external software, maybe previous model psr’s did? don’t know as I never did much with my s950.

Just gets better and better a John.

If you do write pads to your Registrations
Press Sync Start ( the Multi-pads sync start) and your multi pad/s , before you save to Registration if you want it to sync to your style.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#485712 - 01/03/20 04:59 PM Re: Question on Sx Multi-pads. [Re: rikkisbears]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
As a non-Yammie user, I find reading all these posts about setting up the KB to ones liking and needs very interesting ... kind of like reading Greek, but interesting none the less ...
That being said could someone explain the difference between a 'multi pad' and a pad ?

#485729 - 01/03/20 09:14 PM Re: Question on Sx Multi-pads. [Re: tony mads usa]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
As a non-Yammie user, I find reading all these posts about setting up the KB to ones liking and needs very interesting ... kind of like reading Greek, but interesting none the less ...
That being said could someone explain the difference between a 'multi pad' and a pad ?

Hi Tony,
same thing actually , I’m probably confusing things. , sorry. I’m sort of referring to Multi-pads when it’s referring to all 4 of them in a bank Vs pad when I’m referring to having a single one in the bank. The single one is not the norm, just my work around.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#485759 - 01/04/20 06:51 AM Re: Question on Sx Multi-pads. [Re: rikkisbears]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Hi Rikki::

Interesting solution. I wondered if the free "PadMaker" available at the PSR site might work for you. I've thought about exploring it but just don't have time to break away to learn.

I "cut and pasted" your solution so I can give it a try on the 970 to see if it works there, too. You have my complete envy about owning the SX 900. Sounds like a great machine.

Happy New Year,

----Dave

#485772 - 01/04/20 08:38 AM Re: Question on Sx Multi-pads. [Re: rikkisbears]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA

Hi Tony,
same thing actually , I’m probably confusing things. , sorry. I’m sort of referring to Multi-pads when it’s referring to all 4 of them in a bank Vs pad when I’m referring to having a single one in the bank. The single one is not the norm, just my work around.

Thanks, Rikki, ... From reading the posts, it seems to me that changing pads in a style on KORG is a lot easier, although I have never tried to have different pads in different variations of the same style ...
And on KORG if one pad is playing and you press a button for another, the first keeps playing also ... I would think that it is designed that way to help 'build up' the style while changing through variations.

#485837 - 01/04/20 04:05 PM Re: Question on Sx Multi-pads. [Re: tony mads usa]
rikkisbears Offline

Thanks, Rikki, ... From reading the posts, it seems to me that changing pads in a style on KORG is a lot easier, although I have never tried to have different pads in different variations of the same style ...
And on KORG if one pad is playing and you press a button for another, the first keeps playing also ... I would think that it is designed that way to help 'build up' the style while changing through variations.

Hi Tony,
Thank you for clarifying that for me. I must have been using the pedal to stop first one playing after choosing the next one. Its been a long time since I used the pads on Pa4x. I had the keyboards packed up for over a year.
My plan for the korg pads originally was to create a library of looping piano, guitar pads , that could replace a style track, not actually add extra instruments to the style. Could use pads for auditioning with various styles and then actually copy pad into the style itself , one to a certain degree has a new style. Again, not normally the way a multi pad is used, but I ‘ve always liked the idea of having a phrase library

The sx multi pad editing and playback may not be as difficult as I had thought at first. I just had a wrong recollection of how the korg pads worked. ( failing memory) haha

One thing that was brilliant on the korg though, was that you could create a multi pad from a style track, and vice versa , a multi pad could be copied into a style and become one of the style tracks, very easily.

You can definitely mix n match your Multi-pads in the korg.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#485839 - 01/04/20 04:17 PM Re: Question on Sx Multi-pads. [Re: Riceroni9]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By Riceroni9
Hi Rikki::

Interesting solution. I wondered if the free "PadMaker" available at the PSR site might work for you. I've thought about exploring it but just don't have time to break away to learn.

I "cut and pasted" your solution so I can give it a try on the 970 to see if it works there, too. You have my complete envy about owning the SX 900. Sounds like a great machine.

Happy New Year,

----Dave

Hi Dave,
thank you. I think I have Pad Maker on my pc. Could be useful for creating some new ones. Might check into it later today, really have no idea what it does.

Hopefully s970 has same functions for editing etc as the sx. Unfortunately I wouldn’t have a clue.

If not, maybe we can get you sorted out with pad maker, if it does what you need.

Happy new year to you also.

Edited by rikkisbears (01/04/20 04:17 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online