Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#485508 - 12/31/19 05:26 PM Re: SX900 Question [Re: cgiles]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By cgiles
Originally Posted By Bernie9

Thanks for your help,on and off, the last 20 yrs.

So Rikki's been helping you since she was 9 yrs. old smile.

chas

Yep, I was an early starter. ( I wish, haha)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#485512 - 12/31/19 06:40 PM Re: SX900 Question [Re: Bernie9]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By Bernie9
Thanks Rikki

There has never been a question about one reg per bank. I have always done that. The question is,of those,how many old can I use that is on another thread.

I certainly agree with starting out correctly the first time.

Thanks for your help,on and off, the last 20 yrs.

Hi Bernie,
why don’t you just back your USB stick up on pc, so that you still have it in original form and go for it.

Try the registrations you have and see how many work , some may need a tweak, there could be missing styles, but some may well work and you can build on them.

I think some of the chatter might have been more about using old styles, ie why would you want to use an old styles and have it sounding like your prior keyboard when you have brand new ones. Majority of cases of course you wouldn’t use an old one, unless there wasn’t an equivalent one to use.
I doubt I’ll use more than a few from the nearly 600 factory styles I rescued from the 4000 to 5000 I sorted thru, but they’re there , should I need one.

I haven’t got an old database of registrations to try, but if it’s bringing up the new styles in your banks, wouldn’t it also be bringing up the new one touch settings?

Btw, another reason I went for one song per one registration bank is for the chord looper function. It saves the loops in the registrations.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online