SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#485414 - 12/30/19 09:06 PM Re: LEE how do you like the SX900 so far? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
That's what I've been trying to tell you! One song per bank.

#485416 - 12/30/19 10:32 PM Re: LEE how do you like the SX900 so far? [Re: Dnj]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Originally Posted By Dnj
...if you can tell me STEP BY STEP
HOW TO TAKE 20 REGISTRATIONS BANKS OF SONGS 8 SONGS PER REG BANK
FOR A TOTAL OF 160 SONGS.......
THEN SEPARATE ALL THOSE SONGS FROM THE REGISTRATIONS...

YRM (Yamaha Registration Manager) can do JUST THAT! - split ALL registrations into individual MFD entries in a single batch process. Sure you can find your way from there?

As for retaining OTS & Multipad settings, call up each registration and save style shown with a new name - it will attach all that info to the style itself. Hence all you need to do is transpose.

If you need assistance, mail me buildtofly@yahoo.com and I'll do for you. Should not take all that long.

#485425 - 12/31/19 05:40 AM Re: LEE how do you like the SX900 so far? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

I don't think anyone understands what I am trying to say above?
and that said I guess it cannot be done as I mentioned just like with the KORG songlist?

I am willing to experiment using it on a trial basis
using this multi REG method with much caution.....

Edited by Dnj (12/31/19 05:50 AM)

#485426 - 12/31/19 05:47 AM Re: LEE how do you like the SX900 so far? [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
That's what I've been trying to tell you! One song per bank.

I don't think anyone understands what I am trying to say above?
and that said I guess it cannot be done as I mentioned just like with the KORG songlist?

too bad the play list another feature I will never use..

That would mean I would have to take hundreds of songs that I already have setup 1 reg per song 4 ots......and start from scratch and use a bank for each song button 1 for the initial song and 3 or 4 more reg button setups just for sounds using the same Reg setup?????

this is nuts confused2
as I would have at the end over 500 reg banks
and have to Name EACH REG bank with the title of the song?
and instead of using OTS I have to now assign my sounds into other reg buttons too?...and then you have to remember what sounds are on which buttons? vs just 4 OTS sounds?... that it will work with the playlist?
vs the 150+ I have now........
all this just to use the playlist???

Edited by Dnj (12/31/19 05:56 AM)

#485430 - 12/31/19 06:13 AM Re: LEE how do you like the SX900 so far? [Re: Dnj]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
One reg per song would never be enough for one song...the way I like all the various orchestra sounds etc. I do this the same way I did on Yamaha Organs.....Call up a bank...start with reg 1 use as many as I need in the song ALL within 1 Reg bank. Simple and as Rikki said makes using a foot sw or button to seq. through the red's as you play the song. Just put the banks in each as a Playlist entry.

#485431 - 12/31/19 06:15 AM Re: LEE how do you like the SX900 so far? [Re: Dnj]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Donny, are you saying your only variation on setup for each song is the 4 OTS? That could be enough but I like more in most cases.

#485434 - 12/31/19 06:20 AM Re: LEE how do you like the SX900 so far? [Re: leeboy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By leeboy
Donny, are you saying your only variation on setup for each song is the 4 OTS? That could be enough but I like more in most cases.

Lee are you playing live in front of a big audience using your reg multi method making lightning fast changes while playing
and singing on stage ....or just at home with now pressure..?

#485436 - 12/31/19 06:27 AM Re: LEE how do you like the SX900 so far? [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Donny, actually I sympathize. When the 'technical stuff' starts becoming more important (and challenging) than the 'playing stuff', that's when I start losing interest. I've come to grips with the fact that I'm too dumb for modern arrangers and that is why I now spend 95% of my time with organ and 'Rhodes'. That way I spend 99% of my time PLAYING. It's also why, in the past, I never used an arranger for gigging. However, in all fairness, I also never (except rarely) played 'solo' gigs either.

Although I admit to being totally clueless about the intricacies of the Yamaha (or Korg, for that matter) operating system, it seems to me that setting up all the parameters for a song and then saving and/or recalling it with ONE button push should be as simple as JUST THAT. I really don't understand all the 'registrations' and 'banks' and whatever to save and recall a song, especially live on a gig. But then, there is probably something I'm not understanding (and that's not a suprise smile ). Ideally, I think there should be (as with a lot of sophisticated tech devices these days) an 'EASY' (mostly automated) method and a more in-depth 'manual' method available to the user (such as in photography). But then again, maybe I'm just too old, tired, and lazy, to be a 'tech freak' again. Oh well, back to my organ; 1. hit 'ON' switch, 2. start playing.

chas

#485438 - 12/31/19 06:32 AM Re: LEE how do you like the SX900 so far? [Re: cgiles]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Donny, this is written with one thought; trying to help you.

Later today I will unravel your post so I can give you what I understand. The Kn7000 did not allow you to write your own four OTS instruments, you had to rewrite the style. The Korg Pa800 allowed you to change the OTS instruments. The Sx900 has taken this to a higher level. This opens the door to many options; you need to think out of the box to appreciate what they have done.

I have been working on the Regs., the Playlist is on hold. My commonsense; If I have 800 songs in my playlist, finding the song I want will be a problem; so Yamaha must have a system. The system in my Tyros III allowed e to put a code name in each song that was saved. If I wanted a set of songs that I used when playing NH, the code might be NH; enter the code name, and there’s the songs I am looking for.. This opens the door to start MY system of retrieving songs.

When I think of have 8 Regs and 4 OTS I am excited. I can go anywhere, come back, add anything, come back --- imagination is my only Problem. I have not done anything with the playlist, got to learn hoe it works first. I did see the word TAG, that might be a clue.

Enjoy your new baby, John C

PS, Again, Jerry – fantastic thinking.
When I get a new keyboard I always focus on what the keyboard can do. Not on what it can't do.
Jerryghr

#485448 - 12/31/19 07:19 AM Re: LEE how do you like the SX900 so far? [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Sorry for jumping in,but I just got my new SX,and am starting the same thing.I can see Donny's problem of not having one song per bank.I have always done it that way on the psr970,and saved my playlists in folders. As I understand it, the playlist is a glorified MFD,holding all needed parameters in each song. As I read it,one makes up the reg bank and adds it to the Playlist Record(database). You then can make up playlists named what you will,with a list of songs you need for that gig. You add records by scrolling or searching.

AM I wrong?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online