SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#485346 - 12/29/19 06:25 PM Re: LEE how do you like the SX900 so far? [Re: Jerryghr]
Dnj Offline

What it can't do.. is a hindrance to
Moving forward..
Navigation is Paramount for a live performer..

#485354 - 12/30/19 02:54 AM Re: LEE how do you like the SX900 so far? [Re: Bernie9]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By Bernie9
Thank you Rikki. The first thing I do with a new kb is start From scratch if it a new brand, and a combination of new and old with an upgrade.However,I have to be careful not to fall in my own trap. For expediency,it is easy to download favorite registrations,but--, I would have a new version of an old keyboard. You are right,playlists and registrations are most important,after I am satisfied I have auditioned the sounds and styles in the SX900. I have other keyboards, and hundreds of registrations to use until I get the SX the way I want it. If I don't, it is hard to go back and change the old,although,most of us tweak as we go along,also.

I have saved you psrtutorial link,and, it will be very helpful.

Bernie

Hi Bernie,
That’s great that you will have the time to start from scratch and get it set up the way you want.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#485357 - 12/30/19 04:32 AM Re: LEE how do you like the SX900 so far? [Re: rikkisbears]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Let me start with; this is about me, the way I look at my new keyboards, my game plan.

1-If I try using what I have from a previous Yamaha, I will sound pretty much like I always did.

2-What is my Sx900 offering me –Voices, Styles, Pads, and more.

3-My first step was to learn, to understand, everything about the Regs, and playlist. I have work on those two for four weeks, creating and deleting. Always asking; What is Yamaha trying to tell me?

4-My beginning s slow, but once it is set, I can fly through my plan. Anything I put into a Reg is opened to change. If you are playing out, and you want to use your new keyboard in the next few weeks, my ideas will not get you there.

When you stay with the same brand, like I did with Technics, I just added to what I already had. When I went from a Kn7000 to a Korg pa800 I went nuts. (ouch, smile) I had to forget what I knew (systems) about the Kn7000, and learn what Korg was giving me. I am glad I did, my guitar player and audience noticed the difference.

I’m sorry, I do not know how to write a short letter/post, John C.

PS, When I get a new keyboard I always focus on what the keyboard can do.
Jerryghr -- Nice Jerry

Edited by bruno123 (12/30/19 04:33 AM)

#485361 - 12/30/19 06:58 AM Re: LEE how do you like the SX900 so far? [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
John,your posts are always helpful. Thanks

#485373 - 12/30/19 09:30 AM Re: LEE how do you like the SX900 so far? [Re: Bernie9]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
John ... I found your comments interesting as I also went from technics - Kn6000 - to KORG - Pa600 - and at first the different OS was very confusing ... but after a while I actually found similarities in how the KORG OS worked compared to technics ... It was more a matter of terminology ...

#485403 - 12/30/19 05:04 PM Re: LEE how do you like the SX900 so far? [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
The Playlist is a big PITA for loading single songs... Hope they update it soon..
Korg songbook is so much better...

Donny, I’m not sitting at your side but not sure why you seem to be having a tough time with Playlist, from my experience it’s on par with Songbook just a little different way of skinning the cat. I use 1 song per registration bank then add and/or order to a playlist.

#485407 - 12/30/19 06:56 PM Re: LEE how do you like the SX900 so far? [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Stephenm52
Originally Posted By Dnj
The Playlist is a big PITA for loading single songs... Hope they update it soon..

Donny, I’m not sitting at your side but not sure why you seem to be having a tough time with Playlist, from my experience it’s on par with Songbook just a little different way of skinning the cat. I use 1 song per registration bank then add and/or order to a playlist.

Steve....

I might become a fan if you can tell me STEP BY STEP
HOW TO TAKE 20 REGISTRATIONS BANKS OF SONGS 8 SONGS PER REG BANK
FOR A TOTAL OF 160 SONGS.......
THEN SEPARATE ALL THOSE SONGS FROM THE REGISTRATIONS IN THE PLAYLIST AND PUT THEM INTO ONE PLAYLIST SINGULARLY IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER
SO YOU CAN SCROLL THRU THEM SINGULARLY JUST LIKE SONGBOOK ON KORG..
REMEMBER STEVE STEP BY STEP ...
THANX

#485408 - 12/30/19 07:05 PM Re: LEE how do you like the SX900 so far? [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Dnj

Steve....

I might become a fan if you can tell me STEP BY STEP
HOW TO TAKE 20 REGISTRATIONS BANKS OF SONGS 8 SONGS PER REG BANK
FOR A TOTAL OF 160 SONGS.......
THEN SEPARATE ALL THOSE SONGS FROM THE REGISTRATIONS IN THE PLAYLIST AND PUT THEM INTO ONE PLAYLIST SINGULARLY IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER
SO YOU CAN SCROLL THRU THEM SINGULARLY JUST LIKE SONGBOOK ON KORG..
REMEMBER STEVE STEP BY STEP ...
THANX

Ah I see what you’re saying, You CANNOT use 8 songs per bank and split them in a playlist. It works with 1 song per bank but in that bank you can add any variation, voice, multipads, pedal assignments. Why wouldn’t you just assign 1 song per bank?

#485411 - 12/30/19 08:25 PM Re: LEE how do you like the SX900 so far? [Re: Stephenm52]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia

Ah I see what you’re saying, You CANNOT use 8 songs per bank and split them in a playlist. It works with 1 song per bank but in that bank you can add any variation, voice, multipads, pedal assignments. Why wouldn’t you just assign 1 song per bank?

Hi Stephen,
that’s what I’m doing. Work’s really well for me, there again I don’t need 1000’s of songs.
Works really well with the Registration Sequence function. Have to use that when I use my piano as a controller for sx.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#485412 - 12/30/19 08:26 PM Re: LEE how do you like the SX900 so far? [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

One song per Bank seems ridiculous to me
I have never used a Yamaha Keyboard that way?
one reg button.. Per one song..
four OTS settings always...

So you can't do what I am asking or?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online