SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#485286 - 12/28/19 11:37 AM OT: Carol's new bathroom
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Well, it's almost done, just a couple minute things to complete, toilet paper holder/grab bar, etc... I got the ball rolling with the shower installation, mainly for safety reasons. Just have to step up 1.5 inches to climb into the shower, plus there's a seat and grab bars - makes life a lot easier than climbing over the edge of an 18-inch bathtub with bad knees. I can still do that but Carol cannot.

Now, my daughter and wife decided to get involved, which more than doubled the cost of the project. New paint job on the walls, redid the doors and shutters, new LED lights, new floor, new, higher toilet, new vanity top made of quartz with built in sinks, new spigots, new heater/exhaust fan/light combination. Well, she's happy, at least for now. She keeps eyeing the kitchen, though, which is scary. Kitchens cost a lot more than bathrooms and the bathroom cost half what I paid for the house 49 years ago, and that included the 5.5 acres of ground surrounding the house.

I knew I shoulda kept that damned boat and sailed away. wink

Happy New Year, everyone,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#485295 - 12/28/19 01:24 PM Re: OT: Carol's new bathroom [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Looks nice and safe how much was the renovation?
more pics of the whole install?

Edited by Dnj (12/28/19 01:25 PM)

#485304 - 12/28/19 03:07 PM Re: OT: Carol's new bathroom [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
That was the total renovation, Donny - cost me about $12,000 materials and labor combined. All the ladies that have seen it absolutely love the way it came out. Keep in mind, though, that ladies spend 10 times as much time in the bathroom as men. wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#485306 - 12/28/19 03:21 PM Re: OT: Carol's new bathroom [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Good luck Gary... If it makes life more comfy it is all worth it.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online