SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#48515 - 12/30/03 11:19 AM Technics keyboard and midi foot controller
Veltsu Offline

Loc: Finland
Could you give me some advices how to program midi foot controller (Behringer fcb1010) to do various things for my new kn2600 coming up? What things you suggest I should/could control?

Thanks for your help

#48516 - 12/30/03 11:47 AM Re: Technics keyboard and midi foot controller
Mark And Michelle Offline

Loc: Mersea Island, Essex, U K
Hi,

Assuming you want the get the most of of the foot controller; there's very little you can't do with it. With the most basic-set up you can use it to control both Glide and Sustain. Going slightly further though, you can use it to change from one Panel Memorey to another; therefore, you don't have to take your hands away from the board during performance, or use a Performance Pad whilst you're making changes. Full details of how to set these up are in the 2600s manual. However, if you run in to trouble, there's always someone here to help.

Happy playing,

Michie

#48517 - 12/30/03 12:17 PM Re: Technics keyboard and midi foot controller
Veltsu Offline

Thanks. The thing is that I have the manual, but there really isn`t any specific info how to program my midi foot controller to control my keyboard. I need a midi implementation chart (showing midi numbers for each setting) or something else, or...?

Could you help me further?

#48518 - 12/30/03 02:53 PM Re: Technics keyboard and midi foot controller
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Veltsu,

I'm not sure why you refer to your foot controller as a "midi" controller because foot controllers are just switches used to enable or disable (turn on or off) the various functions of a keyboard e.g., pads, panel memories, panel memory banks, sustain, fills, start/stop, and so on. I have never had the opportunity to look at a KN2600 but I suspect it is designed and engineered like all other Technics keyboards, therefore has a foot controller function that is common and works exactly as the others do.

Somewhere on your KN2600 will be a button labelled "Program Menus" or some similar meaning name. Press it and look for a "Control" menu. Press that button. The Control Menu will appear and allow you to program foot controllers and/or an expression pedal.

Your manual should contain a section devoted to Program Menus and their options/functions.

As I said above, foot controllers are unrelated to midi. You cannot change midi channels with a foot controller if that is what you're thinking.

Hope this helps.

Best Wishes, Chuck

#48519 - 12/30/03 03:09 PM Re: Technics keyboard and midi foot controller
Veltsu Offline

yes, I just wondered if there is a Technics midi implementation chart that I could directly use to program my controller. I assume there isn`t, but maybe with your advices I figure this out. Thanks.

#48520 - 12/31/03 04:40 AM Re: Technics keyboard and midi foot controller
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Again Veltsu,

I have the midi implementation chart and several other pages of midi information that came with my KN6000. If you wish, I will photocopy the pages and mail them to you.

Best Wishes, Chuck

#48521 - 12/31/03 07:32 AM Re: Technics keyboard and midi foot controller
Veltsu Offline

I mailed you

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online