SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#484825 - 12/22/19 04:25 AM vArranger VS Groovyband Differences?
Dnj Offline

vArranger VS Groovyband Differences?
What are the differences between the two programs....?

#484827 - 12/22/19 05:34 AM Re: vArranger VS Groovyband Differences? [Re: Dnj]
Magali Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Hi Dnj

For what I could understand: Groovyband requires a PSR keyboard or Tyros or genos. Sound quality will depend on the keyboard associated with it.
vArrageur is delivered with sounds in SF2 format and can load all SF2 you want.
the RAM on your computer allows it as well as the OS .
In addition vA lets you load any VSTi (up to 16) free or paid software

Groovyband will play exclusively Yamaha styles
vArranger can play up to 5 style formats ( Yamaha,Ketron ,Korg,Roland,Tecnnics )

Both have several MIDI entries and allow you to connect several keyboards

Groovyband only has a MIDI output connected to the PSR
vArranger has 3 MiDI outputs and allows to distribute to the local synthesizer, VSTs and for example
one MIDI out for expanders or synthesizers .

I wouldn't go into the details here , it would take me the day .

Groovyband seems to improve the low and mid-range PSR significantly , Henni will not say otherwise .

To arrange , I invite you to visit the Forum or you will learn more .

#484829 - 12/22/19 05:41 AM Re: vArranger VS Groovyband Differences? [Re: Magali]
Dnj Offline

Magali.....
Thank you for this informative explanation between the features
& uses both of these programs. I now understand a lot more about them
Seems like the vArranger is much more versatile being able to use many different sources which is a good thing for sure.

Thank you again cool2

Merry Christmas to you & Yours

#484831 - 12/22/19 05:56 AM Re: vArranger VS Groovyband Differences? [Re: Dnj]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Someone asked a few days ago why you need that many sounds. Now my question is why do one need so many styles. Be creative just use the onboard tools of your arranger to make the styles to your liking. No need to buy expensive software if you already own an arranger. Just be creative just like in the old days when arrangers only had about 100 styles. Just my opinion ofcourse.

#484832 - 12/22/19 06:09 AM Re: vArranger VS Groovyband Differences? [Re: FransN]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By FransN
Someone asked a few days ago why you need that many sounds. Now my question is why do one need so many styles. Be creative just use the onboard tools of your arranger to make the styles to your liking. No need to buy expensive software if you already own an arranger. Just be creative just like in the old days when arrangers only had about 100 styles. Just my opinion ofcourse.

Most modern users (Particularly younger types) require everything to be done for them, (Just press one button) and the fact that they would need to put some effort in, is completely alien to them, thus it gets discarded.

Bill

#484834 - 12/22/19 06:28 AM Re: vArranger VS Groovyband Differences? [Re: FransN]
Dnj Offline

Someone asked a few days ago why you need that many sounds. Now my question is why do one need so many styles. Be creative just use the onboard tools of your arranger to make the styles to your liking. No need to buy expensive software if you already own an arranger. Just be creative just like in the old days when arrangers only had about 100 styles. Just my opinion of course.

I agree Fran no need for so many styles....
probably 50-100 or so could handle most any song.....
and with that you can change sounds, parts,
and edit & tweak to suit also with no problem.

#484835 - 12/22/19 06:31 AM Re: vArranger VS Groovyband Differences? [Re: abacus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By abacus

Most modern users (Particularly younger types) require everything to be done for them, (Just press one button) and the fact that they would need to put some effort in, is completely alien to them, thus it gets discarded.

Bill

Agreed Bill and with that said it is also partly the reason for the dwindling scenario of younger generation embracing arranger keyboards as there is so many devices out there that have it all done for them at the push of a button.

#484840 - 12/22/19 07:35 AM Re: vArranger VS Groovyband Differences? [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
To take a different approach,if someone is not inclined, or has not the ability to create or edit styles,more styles might be advantageous, especially if one is looking for that groove. Since it is Christmas, I will use the example of a Christmas swing, with the adorned effects, to a simple 4/4 swing. Some would prefer to play than spending time editing, and even then,end up with a style inferior to a well crafted one better suited to the style.

Different folks-------

#484843 - 12/22/19 07:54 AM Re: vArranger VS Groovyband Differences? [Re: Bernie9]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9
To take a different approach,if someone is not inclined, or has not the ability to create or edit styles,more styles might be advantageous, especially if one is looking for that groove. Since it is Christmas, I will use the example of a Christmas swing, with the adorned effects, to a simple 4/4 swing. Some would prefer to play than spending time editing, and even then,end up with a style inferior to a well crafted one better suited to the style.

Different folks-------

Berniew we are talking about people with
thousands of styles that they will never use......?
personally for me I have to tweak/edit every single style
and ots to my liking.

Edited by Dnj (12/22/19 08:01 AM)

#484844 - 12/22/19 08:06 AM Re: vArranger VS Groovyband Differences? [Re: Dnj]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Fully concur with Frans,Abacus and Donny here...
the amount of styles available is almost frightening and is definitely killing creativity to some extent. With a hundred vedy good generic styles and a similar amount of good sounds, a bunch of decent emulations of natural instruments with an added bunch of fantasy sounds,pads and synth sounds should go a long way to keeping each arranger player happy.
I know it makes me happy,that is probably one oth main reasons I purchased a secondhand Ketron SD7 two weeks ago.....for all the right reasons......and you'd be surprised nay shocked even to learn what I am considering to add to that one of these days!!!!!

regards,
John

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online