SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#484511 - 12/18/19 05:33 PM Re: OT - Merry Xmas All - Alto Sax Style [Re: saxxman]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
As a side note not only is Randy the great saxophonist he is, but he has a collection of ham radio videos that are entertaining. He even did one with a Santa Claus theme.

#484515 - 12/18/19 06:26 PM Re: OT - Merry Xmas All - Alto Sax Style [Re: Stephenm52]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Originally Posted By Stephenm52
As a side note not only is Randy the great saxophonist he is, but he has a collection of ham radio videos that are entertaining. He even did one with a Santa Claus theme.

Tony and Steve - thanks again guys! You are both toooo kind!

Steve, I guess the "artsy fartsy" in me extends to hamming too. Ha Ha. For any of you who love the old "Xmas Story" with Ralphie - I decided to do one substituting an antenna for the Red Ryder Range Model BB Gun. Featured the sound track from the Ralphie movie and a bit of the plot... Little did I know when I did up the video that I was about to promote several thousand bucks in sales to the designer of the antenna I featured. He was the first one to comment on the video when I posted it. Guess the news traveled fast all the way to his home in Brazil - he said "Thank you for the most beautiful Christmas gift that I could never imagine I would receive one day". I have heard from dozens of hams who bought this $300 antenna based on my "Ralphie the ham" video. Any who want a laugh at this old guy in an acting role - or who may wonder what you can do with 10 watts of power (considered ultra-low power and referred to as "QRP" in ham lingo) and a "hula hoop" antenna... here is the link to my "Ham Radio Xmas Story" video....

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#484518 - 12/18/19 06:37 PM Re: OT - Merry Xmas All - Alto Sax Style [Re: saxxman]
Stephenm52 Offline

Randy aka N4SAX!!

I forgot how entertaining that video is!! You’re a real character in that video.

W1DAM

#484521 - 12/18/19 06:40 PM Re: OT - Merry Xmas All - Alto Sax Style [Re: Stephenm52]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Originally Posted By zuki
Very cool. Is there anything better than a sax? Great job Randy, you are so very talented.

Fran....that sounded very good too...….

Zuki - thanks so much for the listen and the kind words! All those days in Elementary school (when I gave the music resource teacher a headache) paid off I guess. smile Thanks for the kind words!

Originally Posted By Stephenm52
Randy aka N4SAX!!

I forgot how entertaining that video is!! You’re a real character in that video.

W1DAM

Thanks Steve - always fun to "Relive" the excitement of being "in production"... ha ha ha. The wife enjoyed helping me put the thing together too. It was fun fun fun!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#484522 - 12/18/19 06:43 PM Re: OT - Merry Xmas All - Alto Sax Style [Re: saxxman]
Stephenm52 Offline

Randy,

I was a little remiss in not giving kudos to Nancy, she does a great job with it too!

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online