SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#484487 - 12/18/19 10:58 AM Re: OT: Why she has kept me for 57 years... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
One cut of steak I have never tasted, but always wanted was Kobe Steak. When I was a kid in the US Navy in Japan, it sold for $250 a pound. I just looked it up on Amazon, where it goes for $15 per ounce, and that's the lowest price I could find. Omaha Steaks had it for $450 a pound on sale. WOW! Gotta try this after we finish the Bathroom renovation project.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#484491 - 12/18/19 01:23 PM Re: OT: Why she has kept me for 57 years... [Re: travlin'easy]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Gotta try this after we finish the Bathroom renovation project.

Cheers,

Gary cool

Finally moving it indoors? laugh

Jerryghr

#484492 - 12/18/19 01:40 PM Re: OT: Why she has kept me for 57 years... [Re: Jerryghr]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Nah, he likes that 'country' flair, especially in the WINTER ... rotfl

#484493 - 12/18/19 01:45 PM Re: OT: Why she has kept me for 57 years... [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I used to think my Granma was rich; she had a THREE-holer.

#484494 - 12/18/19 02:05 PM Re: OT: Why she has kept me for 57 years... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

For safety reasons, mainly for Carol after her hip replacement and upcoming knee replacement in the same leg, I decided to get rid of the bathtub and replace it with a walk-in shower that only has a 1.5-inch lip to step over and a built in seat, plus two shower heads.

Of course, that was not enough - hey the bathroom needs updating, new paint job, new, higher toilet, new marble counter top with built-in sinks, new sub-floor and special tile, new lighting, new heater and exhaust fan combo. By the time I am finished paying for this, the total cost will be nearly half what I paid for the entire house when I built it in 1972. Almost forgot, new mirrors and light switch covers.

Here's a short video of the shower installation:

Just another reason she keeps me around, wink

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (12/18/19 02:06 PM)

#484503 - 12/18/19 03:45 PM Re: OT: Why she has kept me for 57 years... [Re: travlin'easy]
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
I heard this first hand from a butcher friend. One of his favorite cuts he takes home to his family is the Chuck Eye Steak. It is NOT a Chuck Steak but tastes like a Ribeye. There aren't many of these steaks on a side of beef so you seldom see quantities on sale, but they usually have a much lower price than a Ribeye. My fav too !!!!!!!!!! -charley

#484509 - 12/18/19 04:59 PM Re: OT: Why she has kept me for 57 years... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Charlie, I used to use chuck eye steak for pot roast, and it was always very tasty. Lots of fat, though, but that added to the flavor. About halfway through the cooking cycle, I would add quartered potatoes, carrots, chunks of Vidalia onions and some sliced, red peppers - OH MY!

Gary cool

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online