SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#484269 - 12/16/19 07:17 PM WIDI Master
Torch Offline

I just got email from CME-Audio about their WIDI Master. I was their beta tester for the Widi Bud. They make a few things that no other company in the world makes.

https://www.cme-pro.com/
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#484308 - 12/17/19 08:11 AM Re: WIDI Master [Re: Torch]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Wow, sounds exciting! Earlier this year I bought a Midibeam v2 set from Panda audio. That works pretty well, but the transmitter does require 3 AAA batteries, and the receiver has to be plugged into a powered USB port. Can't wait to hear how well this works, and what it costs!

Edited by TedS (12/17/19 08:15 AM)

#484315 - 12/17/19 08:36 AM Re: WIDI Master [Re: Torch]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I see this is billed as a successor to Widi Bud, which I have, and works very well. I,also, have a dongle, and am curious to know if Widi Master brings something else to the table.

Bernie

#484440 - 12/17/19 10:53 PM Re: WIDI Master [Re: Bernie9]
Torch Offline

Bernie, the Widi Master has standard 5-pin midi in an out whereas the Widi Bud is a USB Bluetooth MIDI receiver. As they have different connectors, they won't replace each other, but rather work together with each other and any other Bluetooth MIDI devices without the need for a computer or an IOS device.

Say that you want to connect your MIDI harmonica over Bluetooth to an old MIDI module only with 5 pin MIDI connectors. Your MIDI harmonica sends MIDI over Bluetooth by the Yamaha device we talked about, but how would the old module receive MIDI over Bluetooth? Yes, the WIDI Bud, but you need a USB MIDI host (or computer/IOS device) like the Kenton USB MIDI host you own. Not anymore. The WIDI Master will act as a Bluetooth receiver (and transmitter) directly connected to the 5 pin MIDI input on the midi module. This will be really handy.

Teds, it will be $59, but if you just sign up, you will get a $20 discount coupon. Once 1,000 people show interest in the product, they will go into production. By the way, I asked Panda Audio to see if they would consider making a USB MIDI transmitter. They said they would consider. For now, there is only company in the world that makes it. Starr Labs. The USB MIDI transmitter/receiver is pricey at $450. I just use a $50 Yamaha USB Bluetooth MIDI transmitter.

#484442 - 12/18/19 01:47 AM Re: WIDI Master [Re: Torch]
Bernie9 Online   content

Thanks for your great explanation, individualized, since you know my situation. It is something,I want to get.

#484470 - 12/18/19 09:19 AM Re: WIDI Master [Re: Bernie9]
Torch Offline

Hello Bernie, if you are thinking of getting one, you might as well turn in your email and get a $20 discount coupon. Visit www.cme-pro.com and scroll down to the bottom of the page. They said that they have reached 88% of their 1,000 goal within the first 5 days before production begins.

This is from their Facebook;

What a day yesterday!
Although we made a minor mistake with the communication of our "round latency", it turned out to be the best day of the launch of WIDI Master in terms of interaction and registrations.
To explain. We had communicated a "round latency of 10-15ms".
When we say “a round latency of 10-15 ms.” for WIDI Master, we consider it a maximum when working with all other existing products. If you use 2 WIDI Masters directly, since we implemented both master and slave firmware, you will get much less latency than the reference (10-15ms). That is because you do not need to add extra latency from computer OS and iOS. In addition, you can also pair WIDI Master with any other BLE MIDI adapters or controllers directly.
So we had to set the record straight with all the forums and MIDI enthousiasts in the world to explain even better what we mean if we say:
With WIDI Master you do not need to worry about latency! Our Xkey Air and WIDI BUD have been used by professional musicians worldwide. The WIDI Master and the future WIDI Family are the successors of these two. It will only get better!
That said we received also another really interesting question from on of our WIDI Tribe members. Keep asking those questions. Keep bringing your concerns and ideas to us. Keep providing feedback!
We are in an early stage of development. We are seeking 1,000 registrants to move to the production stage.
We have reached 88% in the first 5 days of this challenge!
Anyway, the question we received was about our automatic pairing.
What happens if I have four (4) WIDI Masters to connect two keyboards with two synths when you say they pair automatically? Do they interfere each other? Do they remember their pairing?
When using multiple WIDI Masters you pair them ones manually and set them to remember the connection to automatically pair in the future.

How cool is that when setting up multiple devices on tour?

We've done it before with WIDI Plus and WIDI BUD. WIDI plus is our software that can update firmware by air. It can be used to set and save specific pairing connections so it is done automatically afterwards.

Besides ultra low latency, automatic pairing is another uniques factor of WIDI Master. In the next post we will discuss another feature. It will be about the secure connection and automatic panic mode!
Last but not least we just recieved the news that WIDI Master has been featured on

#484495 - 12/18/19 02:09 PM Re: WIDI Master [Re: Torch]
Bernie9 Online   content

I gave them my email about 5:00 AM, but have not heard anything. I can try again.
Thanks
Bernie

#484501 - 12/18/19 03:06 PM Re: WIDI Master [Re: Torch]
Bernie9 Online   content

All is well, they sent me an invitation, and I joined.
Thanks, Torch, for your help.

Bernie

#484576 - 12/19/19 11:55 AM Re: WIDI Master [Re: Bernie9]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
This looks like a good replacement for this (below), which I have a couple of ... if the mi.1 connect ever fails:

(looks like the mi.1 connect as I have, is no longer available:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D61QK6W/ref=cm_sw_su_dp

#484591 - 12/19/19 02:05 PM Re: WIDI Master [Re: Torch]
Bernie9 Online   content

I have that,also, it works well.

#484641 - 12/19/19 11:22 PM Re: WIDI Master [Re: jimlaing]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By jimlaing
This looks like a good replacement for this (below), which I have a couple of ... if the mi.1 connect ever fails:

(looks like the mi.1 connect as I have, is no longer available:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D61QK6W/ref=cm_sw_su_dp
The mi.1 nice and small is really neat. I met the owner a previous Yamaha engineer at NAMM a few years ago. The mi.1 can only interface with IOS/Mac. Windows 10 does support Bluetooth MIDI and recognize the mi.1, but it requires another layer of software or hardware for 99.9 percent of today's DAWs to take advantage of it. The WIDI Master doesn't need a computer; it will interface directly with another WIDI Master, other Bluetooth MIDI controllers, its own WIDI Bud, IOS/Mac, and so forth.

#485130 - 12/24/19 11:54 PM Re: WIDI Master [Re: Torch]
Torch Offline

CME Pro reached their goal of 1,000 registrations in 7 days. If they reach their 2nd goal of 3,000 registrations, they will give another $10 discount which will bring the WIDI Master price down to $29. https://www.cme-pro.com/

#485132 - 12/25/19 01:19 AM Re: WIDI Master [Re: Torch]
Bernie9 Online   content

I'm in. Whatta deal.

#487656 - 01/23/20 10:33 PM Re: WIDI Master [Re: Torch]
Torch Offline

CME Pro reached their goal of 3,000 registrants. Those who signed will pay only $29,99 for a unit instead of $59.99. It seems that you can still register to get the discount coupon. Their next project is USB Bluetooth MIDI.
https://www.cme-pro.com/

#487668 - 01/24/20 04:35 AM Re: WIDI Master [Re: Torch]
Bachus Offline

Such nonsense, most latency on wifi comes from other clients using the same bandwith...

The Wifi protocol is much like a classroom of squeeking children...
sure there are 12 channels, but see them as classrooms that all have their doors open..

Now try to listen to all those things at the same time..

Wifi, espescially the 2.4ghz can never have low latency all the time, only under ideal situations..
The 5ghz band is much better, but also isn’t really fit for large mobs of people..

If you want low latency, go for bluetooth..
Its a 1 on 1 connection that shuts out the rest

http://keyszone.boards.net

#487694 - 01/24/20 12:01 PM Re: WIDI Master [Re: Bachus]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus
Such nonsense, most latency on wifi comes from other clients using the same bandwith...

The Wifi protocol is much like a classroom of squeeking children...
sure there are 12 channels, but see them as classrooms that all have their doors open..

Now try to listen to all those things at the same time..

Wifi, espescially the 2.4ghz can never have low latency all the time, only under ideal situations..
The 5ghz band is much better, but also isn’t really fit for large mobs of people..

If you want low latency, go for bluetooth..
Its a 1 on 1 connection that shuts out the rest
It seems that you were responding to some "nonsense" post in regards to WIFI/Bluetooth that had been deleted?

#487702 - 01/24/20 01:34 PM Re: WIDI Master [Re: Torch]
Bernie9 Online   content

I would have bought them at the asking price. It is a win win situation.

Bernie

#487751 - 01/25/20 01:48 PM Re: WIDI Master [Re: Bernie9]
Torch Offline

You are absolutely right, Bernie. No other company in the world makes anything like the WIDI Bud and these new Bluetooth MIDI devices that CME will introduce. I told them that they should look into making a MIDI foot controller specifically designed for keyboard players. There are tons of MIDI foot controllers for guitar players but not for keyboard players.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online