SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#484139 - 12/15/19 03:11 PM Re: Learning new tunes [Re: ekurburski]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Thanks, Gary:

I'm hoping Earl will be able to make good use of them. I don't often do "covers" but will probably copy the file onto a memory stick in case I need one in the future. That way, you'll also have a back-up source.

Thanks, ----Dave

#484140 - 12/15/19 03:22 PM Re: Learning new tunes [Re: ekurburski]
ekurburski Offline

Loc: Mountain Home, AR
Truth is Gary's list isn't going to do me that much good as I need both the lyics and chords. Fact is he sent me this years ago and I wasn't able to use it then either. No problem. There is enough resources on the web to satisfy my needs. Thanks to all, I was looking for a cheat way out.

#484142 - 12/15/19 03:37 PM Re: Learning new tunes [Re: Beakybird]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By Beakybird
Originally Posted By DonM
I posted this recently, but here is a WORLD of great charts.
https://www.ozbcoz.com/Songs/index.php?instr=guitar

Thanks. This is awesome!

It even lets you transpose the key!

#484143 - 12/15/19 03:56 PM Re: Learning new tunes [Re: ekurburski]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By ekurburski
Truth is Gary's list isn't going to do me that much good as I need both the lyics and chords. Fact is he sent me this years ago and I wasn't able to use it then either. No problem. There is enough resources on the web to satisfy my needs. Thanks to all, I was looking for a cheat way out.

Takes some effort but easiest way is the memorize
all your songs and lyrics..

#484144 - 12/15/19 03:58 PM Re: Learning new tunes [Re: ekurburski]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Fake books baby, fake books for me....

#484145 - 12/15/19 04:02 PM Re: Learning new tunes [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj

No it's not the easiest way! Just memorizing one song takes a while. Last night I had a request for a song I hadn't done in probably 25 years. I was able to pull up the chords and lyrics, grab a style and do it. $20. for the effort.
Maybe you can remember a thousand or so songs, but it will never be all of them.

#484146 - 12/15/19 04:27 PM Re: Learning new tunes [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
Originally Posted By Dnj

No it's not the easiest way! Just memorizing one song takes a while. Last night I had a request for a song I hadn't done in probably 25 years. I was able to pull up the chords and lyrics, grab a style and do it. $20. for the effort.
Maybe you can remember a thousand or so songs, but it will never be all of them.

Everyone does it different...
I could see a few songs but the bulk of your repertoire should be memorized..at least the music.......
the lyrics is another story if your a singer...
which many aren't and just play instrumentally.
Do what works for you.Good Luck. 👍

Edited by Dnj (12/15/19 05:42 PM)

#484147 - 12/15/19 05:00 PM Re: Learning new tunes [Re: ekurburski]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
At one point, I had more than 3,000 songs in my repertoire - no way possible to remember all those lyrics. Yes, a lot of them were in my aging brain, but sometimes, ya just need help. I seriously doubt that Sinatra could remember all the words to ALL the songs he performed over the years, even those that were top hits and he performed thousands of times. I can clearly remember the last time he did My Way and blew the lyrics, but managed to muddle his way through the show with a standing ovation.

As for the songs, well, I'm just an old country boy, so more than 3 chords was pretty much unusual, but sometimes I had to use up to 4 or more - Scary! wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#484149 - 12/15/19 06:07 PM Re: Learning new tunes [Re: ekurburski]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA

+1 on that site ... Very easy to transpose into the key you want ...

#484150 - 12/15/19 06:20 PM Re: Learning new tunes [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
I seriously doubt that Sinatra could remember all the words to ALL the songs he performed over the years, even those that were top hits and he performed thousands of times.
Gary cool

I saw Sinatra at the Providence Civic Center 35 years ago, 'in the round' ... Second row seats ... I could see his monitors that had the lyrics to every song scrolling - including the so called 'ad-libs' he would throw in ...
On occasion during a music awards show, I've even caught a glimpse of a lyric monitor for a pop star singing their latest hit ...

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online