SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#484186 - 12/16/19 08:57 AM Re: OOT: Photography Equipment ... [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I think I have probably posted the vast majority of the videos and photos on this site. Ironically, DNJ has probably had the most posts requesting others to post videos and photos.

Just sayin'

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#484188 - 12/16/19 09:18 AM Re: OOT: Photography Equipment ... [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Gary, Apparently we have some similar interests ...

Attachments
young buck.jpg

#484190 - 12/16/19 09:25 AM Re: OOT: Photography Equipment ... [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

From this photo I did this painting

Attachments
DSC05945.JPG

Day Lily Painting.jpg

#484192 - 12/16/19 09:31 AM Re: OOT: Photography Equipment ... [Re: tony mads usa]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
That's a great photo AND an even better painting!

#484193 - 12/16/19 09:34 AM Re: OOT: Photography Equipment ... [Re: tony mads usa]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Wow Tony - that is amazing! Congratulations "Mr Picasso"! Great work!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#484194 - 12/16/19 09:38 AM Re: OOT: Photography Equipment ... [Re: saxxman]
tony mads usa Offline

Thanks much guys ... I have to say, both my wife and I have done some nice work, but since our teacher retired about 2 years ago, I haven't anything ... I really have to get back to it ...

PS: The 'REAL' artist in the family is our daughter ...

#484197 - 12/16/19 09:44 AM Re: OOT: Photography Equipment ... [Re: travlin'easy]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I have made a good portion of my living doing photography related activities. I have 4 rooms full of 8"x10" and 4"x5" view cameras, Crown Graphics, Twin Lense Hasseys, early Pentax Spotmatics, Almost every pro Cannon and Nikon ever made, pus endless numbers of video editing items, old $100,000.00 video cameras, etc.

I have published over 35,000 photos in catalogs, brochures, etc for Square D Company, Toyota, My Italian staircase manufacturers, etc.

Sadly, while resolution on the new phone cameras is pro level, the lenses are too wide to produce an image that is not grossly distorted, in most cases.

A while back I posted a photo of me using a Calumet View camera. It looks like something from the Civil War. I just bought a new 8"x10" and a new 4"x5" last month.

Now, they have digital backs. The reason they are still used at the highest level (Architectural and parallax corrected images) is not resolution. It is for composition and correction of two planes of parallax...thus the name "Tilt" and Swing".

I hate the old things. The image is upside down and backwards. You don't see the image at all after the back is put in place after the final focus. Shooting moving object is impossible. BUT, lenses stop down to f64...much smaller than even great lenses for hand-helds. That gives you great control of depth of field, a critical tool when doing very high level photography.

A major problem in graphics today is the use of camera phone images as references for line art or line art conversions. If distortions are not corrected, it's "garbage in-garbage out". To a pro, this kind of stuff is easily spotted and is rejected on the spot.

Lots of Jazz musicians were camera buffs. Sammy Davis had every piece of Nikon equipment ever made. Mel Torme loved twin lens Hassys and took one everywhere. Les McCann just published a retrospective book at 80 plus year old. And the camera in the photo I posted a while back was given to me by Ray Brown, who carried a 4x5 view camera (the one he gave me for a long time) on all his trips.

You can correct one plane with photoshop. When you see photos of washers, dryers, TV's, refrigerators, etc, thy are shot dead on from a slightly elevated angle to show definition. The image would be larger at the top than the bottom without correction. You can actually see the correction with a glass, because the image is stretched, which changes the pixel concentration.

Amplifiers and some other rectangular items are shot from above and usually at both a right and left reading angle, to accommodate different placements. Generally, with photoshop the operator corrects the parallax from the tilt side, but you can see soft edges on the swing side.

The public does not pay much attention to parralax distortion (the wider the lens the more distortion you get), because it's a TV world and any parralax correction is extremely difficult and expensive. We are used to it.

Next time you look at a photo of a rectangular object, you will immediately understand what I'm talking about.

Enough of a lecture. Pop quiz to follow.

Russ (three eye) Lay

PS: Any more, it is the photographer who uses photoshop to fine tune images before they are submitted, as opposed to years ago when photo editors did that. The best thing you can do to improve your photography is learn parallax correction

#484199 - 12/16/19 09:45 AM Re: OOT: Photography Equipment ... [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Beautiful photo and paintings, Tony. I'll try to photograph some of my paintings, but because they are behind glass, might be difficult to capture because of reflection. Gotta get that perfect angle to shoot them successfully.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#484210 - 12/16/19 10:44 AM Re: OOT: Photography Equipment ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By tony mads usa

... oh deer

#484212 - 12/16/19 10:48 AM Re: OOT: Photography Equipment ... [Re: tony mads usa]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By tony mads usa

Tony, me too. Taken from my bathroom window. See if you can spot him (her?) in the pic taken from the front porch.

chas

Attachments
IMG_5599.JPG (88 downloads)
IMG_5588.JPG (60 downloads)

Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online