SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#483463 - 12/10/19 05:57 AM Re: At Donny's (Dnj) request ... [Re: tony mads usa]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
I've got some catching up to do:
Randy, Mitch, DonM, Steve, Rikki, sparky, zuki, Paul, THANK YOU all very much ...
I'd love to hear more versions as well, and I don't care if you're playing or not ... even instrumental versions - hint, hint Randy ... wink

Ok Tony - here you go - hot off the SX900 Press - my "Chill Version" of "Mary Did You Know". Hope you like it! Sure love the Baby G!

Mary Did You Know - SX900

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#483471 - 12/10/19 06:26 AM Re: At Donny's (Dnj) request ... [Re: saxxman]
Dnj Offline

Randy I know your not talking to me...but at this holiday season I want to stay in a festive mood I guess I still have a piece of olive branch that Uncle Dave gave me. Great job and choice of style use on this song works very well instrumentally thanx for sharing....very well played.
Hoping to hear many more versions of all genre too.

Thank you for sharing.

headphone

#483472 - 12/10/19 06:35 AM Re: At Donny's (Dnj) request ... [Re: Dnj]
saxxman Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Randy I know your not talking to me...but at this holiday season I want to stay in a festive mood I guess I still have a piece of olive branch that Uncle Dave gave me. Great job and choice of style use on this song works very well instrumentally thanx for sharing....very well played.

Thank you for sharing.

headphone

Donny - Olive Branch Accepted! Thanks for the gesture! I want goodwill for all of us too! Really appreciate your comments and glad to be talking again! Wishing you an especially wonderful Holiday! Thanks for the kind words!

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#483474 - 12/10/19 06:41 AM Re: At Donny's (Dnj) request ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Morning, Fellow Arranger Zoners:

I took the time to listen to all of your song-posts of this now classic Christmas Hymn. I know, it is not a Hymn in the minds of many... but sung as such, it is heart rendering.

We have a choir at our little Methodist Church here in West Mayberry... and it includes a lady vocalist who has the ability to bring this song to life... and the audience to tears. I don't have audio or video to share but I wish I could.

Thank you all for posting. I hope we can all put aside our tiny differences for a few days and let the message of "Mary Did You Know" sink in. Collectively, you are such a unique group, mostly Arranger Performers... and I would be saddened to see this website sink into smugness like so many music sites have done... and now have disappeared.

Olive Branches all around.

Merry Christmas... ----Dave

#483477 - 12/10/19 06:49 AM Re: At Donny's (Dnj) request ... [Re: Riceroni9]
saxxman Offline

Originally Posted By Riceroni9
Morning, Fellow Arranger Zoners:

I took the time to listen to all of your song-posts of this now classic Christmas Hymn. I know, it is not a Hymn in the minds of many... but sung as such, it is heart rendering.

We have a choir at our little Methodist Church here in West Mayberry... and it includes a lady vocalist who has the ability to bring this song to life... and the audience to tears. I don't have audio or video to share but I wish I could.

Thank you all for posting. I hope we can all put aside our tiny differences for a few days and let the message of "Mary Did You Know" sink in. Collectively, you are such a unique group, mostly Arranger Performers... and I would be saddened to see this website sink into smugness like so many music sites have done... and now have disappeared.

Olive Branches all around.

Merry Christmas... ----Dave

HEAR HEAR Dave! Thanks for the comment and for listening to all our renditions! It's a beautiful melody and though it has a simple chord structure (less is more!), the melody, chords and lyrics can sure stir the emotions. So happy to hear the church group is using this song too! Happy holidays!

#483478 - 12/10/19 06:52 AM Re: At Donny's (Dnj) request ... [Re: saxxman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By saxxman
Originally Posted By Dnj

Thank you for sharing.

headphone

Donny - Olive Branch Accepted! Thanks for the gesture! I want goodwill for all of us too! Really appreciate your comments and glad to be talking again! Wishing you an especially wonderful Holiday! Thanks for the kind words!

#483479 - 12/10/19 06:52 AM Re: At Donny's (Dnj) request ... [Re: Riceroni9]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Hopefully, this 'Kumbaya' moment will last a long time ...

Randy, I REALLY enjoyed your interpretation THANK YOU...
But to be honest, - and I know it would have taken a lot of work - I was looking forward to a sax version with a backing track of your own creation ...
(Do I ask for too much? wink )

#483482 - 12/10/19 07:04 AM Re: At Donny's (Dnj) request ... [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Great renditions, Tony and Randy. I recorded this several years ago and recorded it on my S-950's onboard recorder. Pretty sure that I posted it here as well, but cannot recall.

Click here to play Mary Did You Know

Merry Christmas Everyone,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#483483 - 12/10/19 07:05 AM Re: At Donny's (Dnj) request ... [Re: tony mads usa]
saxxman Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Hopefully, this 'Kumbaya' moment will last a long time ...

Randy, I REALLY enjoyed your interpretation THANK YOU...
But to be honest, - and I know it would have taken a lot of work - I was looking forward to a sax version with a backing track of your own creation ...
(Do I ask for too much? wink )

Thanks Tony! I do think the Kumbaya will last! Just sayin'! Thanks for the kind words. I promise that soon I will get my "act" together and post a combined sax/keys tune or two! Been a while since I did that. Thanks again!

#483484 - 12/10/19 07:07 AM Re: At Donny's (Dnj) request ... [Re: travlin'easy]
saxxman Offline

Wonderful version Gary! Perfect style selection too! Vocal executed and mixed perfectly. Thanks for sharing!

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online