SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#483218 - 12/08/19 05:34 PM Re: Slightly O/T ... but not really that far off [Re: Uncle Dave]
zuki Offline

Dave, LMAO reading your story. No suggestions, other than quit being a stud

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#483230 - 12/08/19 07:21 PM Re: Slightly O/T ... but not really that far off [Re: Uncle Dave]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Dave,
try and stay cool and ignore her, be professional , get on with your job.
Easier said than done.

She’ll keep doing, what she’s doing, if she thinks she’s getting to you.
She may tire of it , if she realises it’s not having an effect on you.

Females can be total b... ches, hence I stay away from them, preferred to chat to men any day of the week.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#483233 - 12/08/19 07:57 PM Re: Slightly O/T ... but not really that far off [Re: rikkisbears]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By rikkisbears
Hi Dave,
try and stay cool and ignore her, be professional , get on with your job.
Easier said than done.

Yup, yup, yup ... and now it seems that 2 of our female serves drank the dog lady's Kool-Aid, so they are ghosting me, and spreading the verbal poison too. It's like teaching teenagers all over again! Luckily, I have great amounts of experience with teens, AND drunks. It's a shame - I really used to like working here. I may have to rethink that position after New Years Eve. I need to love my job, and if these lemmings make that impossible - I'll go somewhere else. I've never been out of work before, and I don't mean to start now.
Girls-SHMIRLS ..... The entertainment industry is tough. That's why everyone can't do it. It's the tough that makes it great. I think Tom Hanks said that in a movie .... but he might have been talking about some other type of ball busting.

smile

#483237 - 12/08/19 08:09 PM Re: Slightly O/T ... but not really that far off [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

YIKES! I just looked at the length of this original post - man, what a diatribe!
Thanks to all if you who actually read it! surprised

#483239 - 12/08/19 08:12 PM Re: Slightly O/T ... but not really that far off [Re: Uncle Dave]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
YIKES! I just looked at the length of this original post - man, what a diatribe!

READ it? Crap I practically lived it.
Beats the heck out of watching tv. smile

#483241 - 12/08/19 08:21 PM Re: Slightly O/T ... but not really that far off [Re: DannyUK]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By DannyUK
The only thing I can say Dave is.. I love you man. I enjoyed reading that I read it again, but didn't have a cup of tea but a pint of beer instead!

Did Donna drink in the early 80's? smile

I'm sure she could have picked anyone she wanted grin

And yes Kate, Kelly and Ali seem reasonably normal... thankfully they take after Donna. smile

I haven't seen Kelly or Ali for a while.. I guess they are doing fine..

BTW: I would stay away from window installs....you bleed too much grin
Maybe you can be the "soffit" king smile

#483243 - 12/08/19 08:32 PM Re: Slightly O/T ... but not really that far off [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Awwww ..... My boys are circling the wagons .... all come out to support me! I feel the love, fellas.
Yes Fran, I know you like Donna best - can't say I blame you. You met us both the same day - I'd pick her, too. WAIT - I did, didn't I?
She never drank much ... it was my Yankee charm what won her. All the girls are fine, and Chris is the most stable of us all. Real job. Real home. Real good life. I'd be jealous, but you always want your kids to do better than you, don't you?

#483249 - 12/08/19 10:05 PM Re: Slightly O/T ... but not really that far off [Re: Uncle Dave]
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave

You are a good story teller.
Thanks for sharing.

How did she react when you said “ it’s over”? Any warning signs?
Does she have a life other than coming and bad mouthing you?
I’ m sure when you are singing songs she is imagining that it was her and it will not end.

Unless , she can see you have moved on with another female.
She needs to see it ( unfortunately) to break her heart.

Sometimes you do have to break hearts to move on. I’ve been there.

Good luck and again, thanks for sharing in detail.

Edited by jamman (12/08/19 10:07 PM)

#483279 - 12/09/19 08:39 AM Re: Slightly O/T ... but not really that far off [Re: jamman]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By jamman

Sometimes you do have to break hearts to move on.

Someone once said that the best way to get over a man, is to get UNDER another one. lol

Thanks for your kind words on my storytelling. I guess that comes from my theatre experience. All actors are storytellers, and as musicians -
we get to act out a new story every 4 minutes, or so. Pretty cool when you think of it that way.
Now, back to the story ...
This poor, angry dog lady has no life outside the bar. It's sad, really. Funny thing - she doesn't drink! (neither do I - part of the attraction)
The situation at work is awkward, but certainly manageable. The hardest part is that it's making some of the patrons take sides .... but, there ARE no sides.
There's nobody who needs to be part of this. It's personal. It's over, and it's no-one's business .... so you'd think.

Sigh ... what to do, what to do. I guess we'll see what next week brings. If she insists on sitting so close - she'll have to wear her sunglasses, cuz the lights are here to stay. It's a holiday season, and the walls in the bar come alive when the lights twinkle. If she moves back where she started - she won't have to deal with it.

I feel like you're all my counsellors. Do I really have to keep telling this sad, sad story? It's bringing me down rehashing it.
ENOUGH! smile
There must be something else interesting enough to talk about. Hmmmmmm Genos, WHAT????

#483285 - 12/09/19 08:50 AM Re: Slightly O/T ... but not really that far off [Re: Uncle Dave]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I wrote a song once called "How Can I Get Over You Until You Get Out From Under Him?"
I think you should stick your tongue out at her. Oh, and carry a pistol.
Scariest movie I ever saw was "Play Misty For Me". I had nightmares!

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online