Topic Options
#483940 - 12/12/19 02:41 PM Re: New IOS Arranger [Re: FransN]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Glad I could help Rikki smile

#483970 - 12/12/19 05:21 PM Re: New IOS Arranger [Re: FransN]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By FransN
Yes I just bought it and it works with the sound canvas app. Another idea to use this is with the app bismark bs-16i. This is a sampler and you can load soundfonts. There is also a xg soundfont set you can download. Just search on google.
BS-16i is certainly a great opp which had its beginning as a VST plug-in, but the Japanese developer discontinued it. Right, there are many soundfonts on the net - even Ketron 2, Ketron S1000, and Ketron SD90 soundfonts some people in Europe sampled. Anyway, I connected my Ketron SD1000 hardware module to my iPad as a sound source for CompanionP. It sounds good, but CompanionP couldn't change chords on every beat. OMB (IOS demo version) was able to do it. Maybe we should write to the author and encourage him to come up with a "pro" version with more features.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#483971 - 12/12/19 05:31 PM Re: New IOS Arranger [Re: Torch]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Torch, Bismark is still available.

One thing I did notice , unless I’m missing something, is there channel 9 , percussion?

Have omb in my laptop, both versions, used it years ago and it was good. Haven’t actually tried the omb app on iPad, Jos might have a demo version, not sure.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#483972 - 12/12/19 05:33 PM Re: New IOS Arranger [Re: FransN]
FransN Offline

Yes good idea. Also the reverb buttons don’t work properly with the sound canvas app. I haven ‘t try companionp with my hardware yet.

#483973 - 12/12/19 05:38 PM Re: New IOS Arranger [Re: FransN]
FransN Offline

I noticed that also that there is no percussion. We certainly should make a list of all this and mentioned it to the author. Nice thing is companionp also work with the korg wavestation and iM1 app.

#483981 - 12/12/19 11:20 PM Re: New IOS Arranger [Re: rikkisbears]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By rikkisbears

One thing I did notice , unless I’m missing something, is there channel 9 , percussion?

Have omb in my laptop, both versions, used it years ago and it was good. Haven’t actually tried the omb app on iPad, Jos might have a demo version, not sure.
Hi Rikki, Bismark BS-16 started as a Windows/MAC VST plug-in more than 15 years ago. It never developed into a 64 bit version. The author eventually killed it , and came out with the IOS version. Yes, there is an OMB demo version for the iPad. Wouldn't it be great if Dan would write a "junior" version of vArranger for IOS devices?
Chris
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#483982 - 12/13/19 02:32 AM Re: New IOS Arranger [Re: FransN]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Porting vArranger to iOS is cool for sure, as vArranger is far ahead of arranger software available today for iOS
But to do that, I need to hire some iOS developpers etc... and not sure the work will be paid with the $5 app price

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#483983 - 12/13/19 03:34 AM Re: New IOS Arranger [Re: DAN.2000]
Crossover Offline

Originally Posted By DAN.2000
Porting vArranger to iOS is cool for sure, as vArranger is far ahead of arranger software available today for iOS
But to do that, I need to hire some iOS developpers etc... and not sure the work will be paid with the $5 app price

Although many apps are ridiculously cheap, there are examples of very expensive ones. One of them is „Turbosound“, an app for Alpine live music. Each single instrument costs around 50 Euros, so you can easily spend 500 Euros or more for a good selection of sounds. Apparently, some really interested musicians are willing to pay it.
So, for Varranger, I wouldn‘t think you couldn‘t charge a price that covers programming costs...

#483984 - 12/13/19 03:41 AM Re: New IOS Arranger [Re: Torch]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By Torch
Originally Posted By rikkisbears

Hi Rikki, Bismark BS-16 started as a Windows/MAC VST plug-in more than 15 years ago. It never developed into a 64 bit version. The author eventually killed it , and came out with the IOS version. Yes, there is an OMB demo version for the iPad. Wouldn't it be great if Dan would write a "junior" version of vArranger for IOS devices?
Chris

Hi Torch
Sorry I thought you were talking about the one for the iPad. I’ve never come across it before.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#483985 - 12/13/19 03:47 AM Re: New IOS Arranger [Re: DAN.2000]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By DAN.2000

Hi Dan,
OMB for iOS is $47 aud, so guessing it must be around $30 usd ?

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online