SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#48308 - 03/24/06 11:48 PM 1gig SD card survey.
sturgeon Offline

Has anyone managed to get SD Jukebox to work properly with a 1gig SD card?(creating user playlists etc.), and if so what make of SD card did you use?

I have just had a reply to my SD card query from Panasonic saying (after consulting their factory) that the problem is with my particular card. My card was made by Toshiba (one of the largest manufacturers of SD cards in the world), and Toshiba say their cards (up to and including 2gig) are compatible with Panasonic audio equipment.
http://www.toshiba.co.jp/p-media/english/compati/sd_list.htm

As I said before, my card works perfectly with RealOne Jukebox for Panasonic (but this does not provide user playlists, only a master playlist). I know Roger Mepstead has had trouble with a 1gig card and SD Jukebox. Does SD Jukebox work with any brand of 1 or 2gig SD card?

Cheers,

s.

[This message has been edited by sturgeon (edited 03-26-2006).]

#48309 - 03/26/06 03:47 AM Re: 1gig SD card survey.
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hiya S
Still no luck I'm afraid - I've now tried both Kingston and Traveler 1 Gb SD Cards and both have failed...
Fascinating ain't it...
Rog

#48310 - 03/26/06 06:00 AM Re: 1gig SD card survey.
RMepstead Offline

Ok - I've just made Traveler 1 Gb SD card work by formatting it inside SD Jukebox. It already had a copy of all my Technics registrations etc on it which formatting wiped out but if that helped make a 1Gb SD Card work the it was worth it...
My Traveler SD Card was purchased from Aldi here in the UK...

#48311 - 03/26/06 09:35 AM Re: 1gig SD card survey.
sturgeon Offline

Now that is fascinating. So we have two on the list that don't work and one that does. I wonder who makes Traveller SD cards?

Its good news that any work! I wonder just how picky SD Jukebox is though.

Cheers Rog,

s.

#48312 - 03/26/06 10:28 AM Re: 1gig SD card survey.
RMepstead Offline

Hey S
Maybe we're the only two people wanting to use a 1Gb SD Card...certainly when offering a mix of live play from registrations and DJ work using audio files I certainly want to compile all the data on one SD Card rather than keep swapping Cards in the keyboard...
Rog

#48313 - 03/26/06 11:39 AM Re: 1gig SD card survey.
sturgeon Offline

Hi Rog,

Could be, but SD audio has so many uses I can't believe there aren't other 1gig SD card users or at least potential users around.

Cheers,

s.

#48314 - 03/26/06 12:24 PM Re: 1gig SD card survey.
manorcourt1991 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
As previously advised I have sucessfully used both Tpro and Sandisk 1G cards with the Panasonic SD Jukebox.

Cheers
Len C.

#48315 - 03/26/06 02:26 PM Re: 1gig SD card survey.
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Folks,

Sometime ago I had a similar problem with an SD Card. I had formatted the card in the PC which didn't work. I then formatted it in the Technics Keyboard and it still didn't work because the PC didn't couldn't read the card.

I was advised by Bill Norrie to format the card in the KN Keyboard, save and name the first folder/song. This will enable the PC to recognise the SD Card as 'Technics'.

You can save and use any name you like because it can always be deleted/renamed and the No.1 Folder used again for something you really want to keep.

I suggest you look at Bill Norrie's site where you will find this and other questions answered in detail. It is a very informative site.

Hope this helps.

Aud (U.K.)

#48316 - 03/26/06 11:19 PM Re: 1gig SD card survey.
RMepstead Offline

Hi Len and Audrey
May I ask are you talking about saving 'Audio' files to the 1 Gb SD Card or just registrations and midi files?
Rog

#48317 - 03/27/06 02:40 AM Re: 1gig SD card survey.
sturgeon Offline

Hi Aud,

Rog is right, this is just about SD Jukebox and 1gig cards. I can format and use the 1gig card in other ways, and even use audio on it using RealOne Jukebox, but it doesn't work with SD Jukebox which is the only program that lets you create user audio playlists.

Looks like Rog has had a breakthrough though!

Cheers,

s.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online