SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#48318 - 03/27/06 11:19 AM Re: 1gig SD card survey.
manorcourt1991 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Hi Rog,

Yes I am referring to using the 1G cards for SD Audio, recording with the Panasonic software and Panasonic reader and playing back in the KN7000. The 1G Sandisk and Tpro cards were set up for friend who also has a KN7000 using the SD Audio facility. We did have problems with a couple of other makes of cards which were returned to the supplier. I can't recall the brands off hand but I believe I named them in a previous discussion on this topic. Also as previously mentioned I have a 512M card from PQI which is OK with SD audio whilst an older 256M card also branded PQI will not handle SD audio.
I believe Alec Pagida may have offered an explanation for problems with some cards in an early posting but I can't recall the details.

Cheers
Len

#48319 - 03/27/06 02:39 PM Re: 1gig SD card survey.
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Guys,

I only use my cards for saving settings etc. and the odd downloads of member players and I find the KN SD-Explorer is easier and quicker for this purpose than anything Technics can offer, besides which. all I seem to get from Jukebox is that irritating Demo tune so I don't bother with it.

However, I would have thought some form of PC/KN contact would be needed and I may be wrong, but isn't that what the 'convert' section of Jukebox is for. Do your audio files need converting to another format perhaps? What made me think of that is quite a few of the song's that Bebop sends to me, Windows Media Player cannot play because it doesn't recognise the format.

I am very interested in your problem and hopefully, you will get an answer from one of the many member experts. I will keep on visiting this site to see what happens.

Good luck!

Aud (U.K.)

#48320 - 03/28/06 11:27 AM Re: 1gig SD card survey.
sturgeon Offline

What I am hoping to find out from this is,

1. Whether any 1gig SD cards work with audio files written by SD Jukebox.

2. If there are any, which ones definately work and which ones don't.

So far it looks like Rog's Traveler is the only definate brand that works, and his Kingston and my Dane-Elect (Toshiba) cards don't work (although mine works via RealOne Jukebox).

I just thought it might save a good deal of wasted time and money if there was a list of 1 gig (and maybe even 2gig) SD card brands that do or don't work properly with SD Jukebox.

Panasonic say their cards will work, but I have read reports on the web where people have had problems with Panasonic cards and SD Jukebox when used with Panasonic prortable audio products, so I am not convinced.

Cheers,

s.

#48321 - 03/28/06 07:14 PM Re: 1gig SD card survey.
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Sturgeon,
Are you sure that it's a Secure Digital (SD) card, the one with the little switch on the side. There is another type card that is the same size, has the same pin connections and fits in the same socket but is without the switch and it definately will not work!

Question: can you format it in the keyboard?
If not try formatting it in the computor but make sure you choose the FAT file system on the format menu. (The default on the menu might come up as NTFS and that absolutely will not be recognized by the keyboard, it has to be FAT.Tnen put it in the keyboard and format it again using the keyboard. Then do a save (any Technics file, not a Midi or SMF) and see if that cures the problem.
Good Luck,
Walt

#48322 - 03/28/06 11:23 PM Re: 1gig SD card survey.
sturgeon Offline

Hi Walt,

Yes my SD card is a proper one - made by Toshiba who invented the format in paertnership with Panasonic.

I can format the card in the keyboard and save files to it, I can format it on the computer or in RealOne and save audio to it, but if I format it in SD Jukebox it formats it, then says it has the wrong format, format the card! (SD Jukebox says this wherever I have formatted it - even when it has MIDI, Technics files and audio already on it!)

I still think its a software problem, but If I can find a brand of SD card (1gig or larger) that is completely reliable when used with SD Jukebox I will go for that!

Cheers,

s.

#48323 - 03/29/06 03:40 AM Re: 1gig SD card survey.
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi S,

I've had yet another thought on your problem. Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the software? If I remember correctly, I inserted the actual SD-Jukebox V2.4 and then loaded a floppy named "SD-Jukebox" VERSION-UP Disk. I think this update was needed because Jukebox was found to have a problem. However, not having used it much, I cannot confirm whether it has or not, but if you haven't updated it, this could be the cause.

Hope this helps.

Audrey

#48324 - 03/29/06 12:42 PM Re: 1gig SD card survey.
sturgeon Offline

Hi Aud,

I am using SD Jukebox v4.0 so I suppose it should be aready upgraded from v2.4.

My 512Mb cards work perfectly with this installation too.

Cheers,

s.

#48325 - 04/15/06 05:13 PM Re: 1gig SD card survey.
manorcourt1991 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Another 1G card which will definitely work with the Panasonic Jukebox software for playback in the KN7000 is the RIDATA PRO66X from Ritek Corporation of Taiwan. I formatted it in the KN, checked out files from my PC using Panasonic Jukebox v2.4 and they work fine in the KN.

Cheers
Len

#48326 - 04/15/06 10:09 PM Re: 1gig SD card survey.
sturgeon Offline

Thanks Len! Thats good to know.

Cheers,

s.

#48327 - 02/25/07 12:13 PM Re: 1gig SD card survey.
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I tried a PNY 1.0GB with no luck. I'm not sure if it's because it's a PNY brand, or because it's 1GB size is too large for Jukebox

I have used Sandisk brand 512 and below with perfect results.

Larry

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online