SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#483262 - 12/09/19 05:56 AM Re: Genos Orchestra Swing1 style [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Yamaha's Breathy Tenor Sax is very usable.
lets face it we are playing automatic sampled instruments....they sound close enough for sure....it will NEVER be better then the real thing no way no how....but close enough for the player and audiences to enjoy what they hear and that's the bottom line. You can also tweak a bit and maybe throw in some articulation button fx into the playing too.....
so let's not get crazy over whats real it is what it is right?

Edited by Dnj (12/09/19 05:59 AM)

#483266 - 12/09/19 06:39 AM Re: Genos Orchestra Swing1 style [Re: Dnj]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Can't argue with that, Chas - he is a great sax player and I am fortunate enough to have met with him in person and obtained one of his CDs, which I frequently listen to when I'm driving.

Gary cool

Thanks Gary! Yep, that was a fun "meet up" and I think I even got a sip or two of your famous "Kickapoo Joy Juice". I think Diki was on hand for that one too. It was great meeting you and the Mrs and I am glad to hear you are still enjoying the CD!

Originally Posted By DannyUK
Hi Donny, that's really beautiful, thanks for sharing. I really love the gentle/mellow/softness of how it sounds here.

Hi Randy, that's lovely/superb playing and really enjoyed it too, thanks for sharing also.

Thanks Danny for the listen and the kind words! Still striving to "tame" the new Yamaha, but every ride is another learning experience and well worth the effort spent. Happy Holidays and thanks again for listening!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#483268 - 12/09/19 07:00 AM Re: Genos Orchestra Swing1 style [Re: saxxman]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By saxxman

Thanks Danny for the listen and the kind words! Still striving to "tame" the new Yamaha, but every ride is another learning experience and well worth the effort spent. Happy Holidays and thanks again for listening!

It certainly is! I was experimenting with song creation yesterday evening and I eventually got the hang of it! The interface for song creation seems quite different to the Tyros & previous PSR method, but I got there eventually with it.

On the other hand the style creator feels quite similar to as always so that was a little easier to figure out.

#483269 - 12/09/19 07:13 AM Re: Genos Orchestra Swing1 style [Re: travlin'easy]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Can't argue with that, Chas - he is a great sax player and I am fortunate enough to have met with him in person and obtained one of his CDs, which I frequently listen to when I'm driving.

Gary cool

Gary, wasn't that Randy you brought to the Revere (Dave was playing), I was with my wife and we ran into you guys...had dinner.. And yes I have Randy's CD too.

#483270 - 12/09/19 07:16 AM Re: Genos Orchestra Swing1 style [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango

Gary cool

Gary, wasn't that Randy you brought to the Revere (Dave was playing), I was with my wife and we ran into you guys...had dinner.. And yes I have Randy's CD too.

No Fran that was Ray Bastianelli

and answer your phone once in a while..just sayin

#483271 - 12/09/19 07:33 AM Re: Genos Orchestra Swing1 [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Randy nice job emulating a trombone player.

I just listened to your demo and the video Donny posted.. and heard two distinct things..

Yes the Genos does "sound" better... and Randy plays horn sounds better than the video fellow. Always a big mistake when a keyboard player plays a horn patch... they never let the horn take a breath... it kills realism. smile

#483304 - 12/09/19 09:51 AM Re: Genos Orchestra Swing1 [Re: Fran Carango]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Randy nice job emulating a trombone player.

I just listened to your demo and the video Donny posted.. and heard two distinct things..

Yes the Genos does "sound" better... and Randy plays horn sounds better than the video fellow. Always a big mistake when a keyboard player plays a horn patch... they never let the horn take a breath... it kills realism. smile

Thanks Fran! Definitely agree the Genos has some awesome voices that the SX lacks. Thankfully, the Yamaha S-line arsenal has always included many very fine and very usable instrument sounds.

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#483307 - 12/09/19 10:07 AM Re: Genos Orchestra Swing1 [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Genos made me realize how many features
although very good I don't need or use.

Edited by Dnj (12/09/19 10:08 AM)

#483309 - 12/09/19 10:15 AM Re: Genos Orchestra Swing1 [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

True. Makers pack so much stuff into all these boards that never gets touched. Really, the gigging muso sticks to the bread and butter styles and sounds for the most part. Everything else is just icing on the cake, nice to dig into now and again.

#483310 - 12/09/19 10:19 AM Re: Genos Orchestra Swing1 [Re: 124]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Randy, sorry, but I just got the chance to listen to this (other than on my 'dumb' phone) ... REALLY nice job ...
thank you

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online