SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#483132 - 12/08/19 08:59 AM Re: Genos Orchestra Swing1 style [Re: leeboy]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Originally Posted By leeboy
My kind of arranger music....I hope the Trombone on the SX is pretty good as I really like them. If not maybe I can tweek it a little...

Have to say the Genos sure has a wonderful set of voices and that T-bone sure exemplifies them! Lee, I took a stab at this tune using the same style on the SX900. Only a single voice (Sweet T-Bone) in the right hand. Perhaps if I added additional voices like Baritone horn I could coax a little more ambiance out of it, but the single sound seems to work well here. Hope you enjoy listening to the "Lil G" giving the same tune a whirl...

White Xmas - SX900 Demo

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#483133 - 12/08/19 09:01 AM Re: Genos Orchestra Swing1 style [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Believe what you may...But again, it's NOT a Baby Genos..
and if you can't hear the difference I don't know what to say.

Happy Holiday

#483135 - 12/08/19 09:10 AM Re: Genos Orchestra Swing1 style [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Fran, the SX-900 comes very close, but no cigar. There are a few more features, styles and voices on the Genos, but for the first time in years, I do agree with you to some degree.

Randy, that was an outstanding rendition and I loved listening to every note. Bravo, old friend.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#483136 - 12/08/19 09:12 AM Re: Genos Orchestra Swing1 style [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Believe what you may...But again, it's NOT a Baby Genos..
and if you can't hear the difference I don't know what to say.

Happy Holiday

Here is an analogy.. IF I kept my son Darren for only 3 and 1/2 hours, and returned him (my wife would not have liked that concept} smile

We would never know if he was a chip off the old block.... or not!! grin

#483137 - 12/08/19 09:20 AM Re: Genos Orchestra Swing1 style [Re: travlin'easy]
saxxman Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Fran, the SX-900 comes very close, but no cigar. There are a few more features, styles and voices on the Genos, but for the first time in years, I do agree with you to some degree.

Randy, that was an outstanding rendition and I loved listening to every note. Bravo, old friend.

Gary cool

Thanks for the listen and the kind words Gary! On the cigar thing, I thought I heard that the Genos family was passing out cigars when the SX was launched.... Just sayin' TEE HEE HEE!

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#483143 - 12/08/19 10:06 AM Re: Genos Orchestra Swing1 style [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Dnj
it's NOT a Baby Genos

Donny, I think you're missing the points made when we reference the Baby G. (I'm saying all this with LOVE)
First:
No one disputes that Yamaha has saved some of their best stuff for the Big Daddy. That's the way it should be. Lincolns and Fords are not the same either, though they often share many of the same exact parts.
Second:
The choice of the term "Baby" is used with reverence to the genealogy of its derivation. It's a compliment, so no need to take offense every time we users reference the fact that Yamaha has given us a more economical solution to using the best technology they offer.
Third:
A Baby G is NOT the Big Daddy, but it IS a super close, more portable, more affordable option with a specific target audience. We call it the baby because it shares lots of the goodness that the Papa has. No one EVER said they were the same .... but it IS certainly a fantastic representation of some of the best parts that the Big G has to offer. It's brilliant that Yamaha recognizes the different demographics in the market, and makes a suitable offering for each.

We get it. You LOVE your Big Daddy, but as many of us have said before - it's not the answer to everyone's needs. Certainly not mine. Don't let the success of the Baby G diminish your enjoyment of the choice you finally settled on. Use your Genos. Love your Genos ... and if it ever stops bringing you the joy you clearly feel right now, then dump your Genos. You'll have no trouble selling such a wonderful instrument.
Don't be upset every time someone sings the praises of the SX. We're all here for the same reason - the love of music.
How, why, and how often we change up our gear is a distant secondary reason to why we are all brought together ... FOR THE MUSIC.
Enjoy this little ABBA tribute ...

(For tru ABBA fans, sorry I chose Amandas version. She has such pretty eyes.)

#483148 - 12/08/19 10:17 AM Re: Genos Orchestra Swing1 style [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Genos samples are much richer then sx900...
as they should be for the price.
If you don't hear it I'm sorry.
I don't need an explanation...
My ears tell me every time.
If Genos sounded the same as the so called baby
I would have dumped it weeks ago..

Edited by Dnj (12/08/19 11:42 AM)

#483153 - 12/08/19 10:57 AM Re: Genos Orchestra Swing1 style [Re: Dnj]
saxxman Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
The negativity just never stops

Originally Posted By Dnj
mine is better then yours just never stops....it's a disease.

Wow. Way to go Donny. Someone asks how the trombone sounds on the SX (it sounds wonderful) I make the effort to demo it, and your decisions to immediately go negative again, despite your continued ranting about "negativism". Funny I also recall several of your favorite quotes about "picking the board that fits your individual needs". I did that and am quite happy with my choice. No need for you to try to run my choice down. Wouldn't your time be more well spent if you just focused on enjoying your individual choice instead of running others' choices down? Happy Holidays DNJ.

#483154 - 12/08/19 11:04 AM Re: Genos Orchestra Swing1 style [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Negative or truth?..
"Baby" and "Genos" should not be in the same sentence Imo. One is TOTL... One is Motl...
For many reasons as it should be for the price.

Edited by Dnj (12/08/19 11:08 AM)

#483155 - 12/08/19 11:07 AM Re: Genos Orchestra Swing1 style [Re: Dnj]
saxxman Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
"Baby" and "Genos" should not be in the same sentence Imo.

Once again...my choice, not yours to make for me. Thanks again Mr. Negative!

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online