SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#483061 - 12/07/19 09:09 AM Re: Genos debut [Re: DonM]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Don:

I get first "dibs" on your Genos if you decide to "divorce it!" Naturally, negotiations about price must occur... maybe even a trade-in... LOL... but my need for a Genos or SX-900 for use in songwriting (considering my lack of talent) is paramount... but restricted by my Neiman-Marcus taste and my shrinking J. C. Penny's budget!

Glad to hear it worked well in your performances... but we both know, you'd sound great with a washboard and kazoo backing band.

Merry Christmas, my never met friend!

----Dave

#483066 - 12/07/19 09:26 AM Re: Genos debut [Re: Gerry M]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By Gerry M
Don,
Just curious why the EA7 remains as your "second" keyboard. I have a PSR S975 and I recently got interested in the EA7. It seems to me easier to handle when performing live. You can change a lot of perimeters on the fly. Am I right? I do registrations, but I really don't like them. I feel restricted.

Gerry

Gerry, it is really easy to handle live. There is a button for everything. The styles are great and the sounds very good as well. There are programmable buttons and pads.
There are just a few features on the top of the line models that I like to have in my setup where I work four hours nearly every night, such as touch screen, vocal harmony and text display. It's the greatest value ever when it comes to arrangers!

#483067 - 12/07/19 09:27 AM Re: Genos debut [Re: Riceroni9]
DonM Offline

Originally Posted By Riceroni9
Don:

I get first "dibs" on your Genos if you decide to "divorce it!" Naturally, negotiations about price must occur... maybe even a trade-in... LOL... but my need for a Genos or SX-900 for use in songwriting (considering my lack of talent) is paramount... but restricted by my Neiman-Marcus taste and my shrinking J. C. Penny's budget!

Glad to hear it worked well in your performances... but we both know, you'd sound great with a washboard and kazoo backing band.

----Dave

You would be set for life with this one Dave. It would be a songwriter's dream If it does become available, maybe I will deliver it to you.

#483070 - 12/07/19 09:38 AM Re: Genos debut [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Don, the chances of you making a 5 to 6 hour drive to Glenn Rose, TX are equal to being struck by lightning at the North Pole in mid January. Neither one of us can hardly drive an hour without some sort of physical malady kicking us squarely in the ass. wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#483071 - 12/07/19 09:41 AM Re: Genos debut [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
Originally Posted By Riceroni9
Don:

----Dave

You would be set for life with this one Dave. It would be a songwriter's dream If it does become available, maybe I will deliver it to you.

Good luck dave and congratulations on your NEW Genos ...
a songwriters dream machine for sure....and delivery too wow!!!
Don does that include lunch too? have fun

#483073 - 12/07/19 09:47 AM Re: Genos debut [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Donny, Donny...all this is IF right now.

#483074 - 12/07/19 09:49 AM Re: Genos debut [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
Donny, Donny...all this is IF right now.

ok if you say so..... coffee

#483078 - 12/07/19 10:08 AM Re: Genos debut [Re: DonM]

smile

#483081 - 12/07/19 10:30 AM Re: Genos debut [Re: DonM]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
LOL! Donny... you are the ultimate cheerleader... and I mean that in the best way! I always enjoy your enthusiasm and the many topics you share with us. I can't imagine how "dreadfully dull" our little corner of the "Zone" would be without you.

Thanks for all you do for us... and by the way, Mason's "Keeper" will make certain he does not attempt such a feat. Glen Rose (loving called West Mayberry by me) is a far piece from Benton, LA. So many of us here are standing "on our last legs" and we know it. Regardless, we treasure each day the Great Spirit allows us to be above ground.

Happy Holidays... here on Pearl Harbor Day. I just saw an article posted on Facebook about a guy not much older than me named Aaron who died on the Arizona during the first attack. He was from my hometown, Texarkana. Sad. We owe those WW II vets so much.

#483087 - 12/07/19 11:00 AM Re: Genos debut [Re: DonM]

Dave, way back in 1962, when I was first married, Carol and I moved to Palestine, TX, which was a neat, little town very close to Texarkana. When I was not working, which primarily was on weekends, I fished just below the dam of Lake Texarkana where I caught hybrid striped bass and alligator gar ranging up to 5 feet long and mean as Hell. One day, I brought one of the gar home to eat - big mistake. There were so many bones it was like trying to eat a hair brush - UGH!

We lived there for about 6 months before the company sent me back to Maryland. Carol really loved living there, the house we rented was a spacious rancher of about 2,000 square feet with an attached carport. Ironically, the washer and dryer were in the carport - didn't have to worry about things freezing up there, but we did get an inch of snow one day and the entire town shut down. smile

I remember we had an armadillo living under the house, which eliminated any bug problem that we may have encountered in that part of the world. He, or she, was slow moving, but it spent most of it's time looking for bugs to eat, day and night. It was still there when we came back to Maryland.

We went back to Texarkana about 10 years ago, during a visit to Don Mason's part of the world, just to see how things changed. WOW! Big difference and none of the changes were good. The motel where we spent the first few week prior to renting the house was still standing, but the swimming pool had been filled in, the peacan trees had all been cut down, the place was a disaster. The house we rented was still there, and pretty much looked the same, but the quaint little town looked like a slum. Such a shame. It was pretty much a Mayberry kinda town when we lived there, and everyone knew their neighbors. Today, some of the neighborhoods have bars on the windows and doors of homes. When we were there, we never locked our door - didn't need to.

Ironically, you would think there would be something on the news about Pearl Harbor, and the vets that defended our nation - but nothing I could find on the tube. I had 6 uncles that served in the US Marine Corps, three of which were shot, but survived, my dad was in the Merchant Marines and made an Atlantic crossing. Three of my uncles were in the battle of Iwo Jima and two fought at Guadalcanal. You are absolutely correct, we owe those vets so much. Ironically, our armed services at the time only represented a tiny fraction of our population, about 9 percent if I recall correctly.

All the best,

Gary cool

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online