Topic Options
#482533 - 12/01/19 08:34 AM Re: Genos debut [Re: Dnj]
Harold123 Offline

Loc: Harrisville Pa USA
Happy for You Don, wishing You the Best with the Genos...Harold

#482578 - 12/02/19 06:16 AM Re: Genos debut [Re: DonM]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
It's hard to imagine the act of bringing in a new KB into a venue, adjusting all the settings after re-arranging all the gear... and then belting out a performance to a crowd of Happy Holiday Diners waiting their turn in the Bar. There are only a few folks here with the experience and confidence to give such a big change a "go" and I wish I'd had a front row seat.

Curtain call, Mason.

#482582 - 12/02/19 06:55 AM Re: Genos debut [Re: DonM]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I was thinking the same thing about how ballsy that was until I remembered who was doing it.

#482587 - 12/02/19 08:56 AM Re: Genos debut [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Thanks, but I had it for nearly two weeks and spent many hours getting the basics set up. It's just that you find so many more things that need adjusting as you go.

#483048 - 12/07/19 08:10 AM Re: Genos debut [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Don..So now another week went by....
more experiences on stage to share , etc?

#483049 - 12/07/19 08:18 AM Re: Genos debut [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

There is no doubt that it is fantastic. Great sounds, all the styles in the world. Vocals are very good. People love the sound. Actually it doesn't feel that heavy to move. And I like the key touch.
However, I'm not yet convinced it is the best fit for ME right now. I'm fighting the length of it. My setup works much better with a 61 note keyboard.
I'm giving it at least another night or so...then ??? I still have two other arrangers at my disposal and I'm totally comfortable with them.

It would be a shame to give up on the Genos because I've spent so much time getting all the registrations set up, but I don't know. frown
There may be a great deal for someone soon. One reason I decide to buy it is that I got a really good price on it.

#483050 - 12/07/19 08:34 AM Re: Genos debut [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
There is no doubt that it is fantastic. Great sounds, all the styles in the world. Vocals are very good. People love the sound. Actually it doesn't feel that heavy to move. And I like the key touch.
However, I'm not yet convinced it is the best fit for ME right now. I'm fighting the length of it. My setup works much better with a 61 note keyboard.
I'm giving it at least another night or so...then ??? I still have two other arrangers at my disposal and I'm totally comfortable with them.

It would be a shame to give up on the Genos because I've spent so much time getting all the registrations set up, but I don't know. frown
There may be a great deal for someone soon. One reason I decide to buy it is that I got a really good price on it.

Oh well you tried it, sorry to hear that..back to the Roland EA7...
with that said I know Fran is smiling behind the scenes coffee ..
someone is gonna get a great deal on that Genos..

Edited by Dnj (12/07/19 08:36 AM)

#483051 - 12/07/19 08:34 AM Re: Genos debut [Re: DonM]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Don,
Last night I was fiddling with the velocity curve on my PA4x, and I thought of you. I'm sure you tried all the settings, but maybe one of the curves will "feel" lighter to your fingers, since the response will be quicker? Just a thought ... and that whole 76 key long-bed is the major reason I passed on the Big G. It doesn't even matter how good it may sound, if I never want to take it out to play. Good luck - it's a tough decision.

#483055 - 12/07/19 08:41 AM Re: Genos debut [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Well it's not 100 percent certain yet, but I'm now leaning towards selling it.
Dave, I have the Korg set on lightest touch. It's not that I can't live with it if I need to; just looking for something a little lighter.
As good as the EA7 is, it will remain as my "second" keyboard for now, no matter what else I do.

#483060 - 12/07/19 09:00 AM Re: Genos debut [Re: DonM]
Gerry M Offline

Loc: Sahuarita Arizona
Don,
Just curious why the EA7 remains as your "second" keyboard. I have a PSR S975 and I recently got interested in the EA7. It seems to me easier to handle when performing live. You can change a lot of perimeters on the fly. Am I right? I do registrations, but I really don't like them. I feel restricted.

Gerry

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online