SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#48205 - 12/15/99 05:04 PM Midi... A px problem ..mmmmmm!
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Yet another question :-) ....but if you don't ask you never learn imho!!!

I have connected my 5000 to my old (but much loved) PX7 piano via a midi lead. All goes well except that when I play the 5000 using the PX as a master keyboard the sounds from 'right 1' are less defined and have less volume than if I play the melody on the 5000 itself. Is there a setting I can alter to correct this?? I know next to nothing about midi (...well not just midi but hey!!!) and so used the preset on the 5000 for connecting to a px piano.

Many thanks for your continued help :-)
Regards as ever
Tony

#48206 - 12/15/99 05:52 PM Re: Midi... A px problem ..mmmmmm!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Tony,

Since you are getting the RIGHT1 (midi channel 1) sound on your KN5000 when playing the PX7, I can only assume that your midi connections are correct, so . . . my guess regarding your question is that the "touch sensitivity" on your PX7 Piano is set "higher" (must press keys harder to produce louder sound) then on your KN5000. Try changing the PX7's keyboard "touch sensitivity" so you don't have to press the keys so hard to produce sound.

Hope this helps,

- Scott

San Francisco Bay Area, CA

#48207 - 12/16/99 05:00 AM Re: Midi... A px problem ..mmmmmm!
Larry Cohan Offline

Also, look at the Midi-Control Message screen on both instruments and make sure that the volume control message is turned on.

Larry

#48208 - 12/16/99 05:02 PM Re: Midi... A px problem ..mmmmmm!
Tony W Offline

Many thanks Scott and Larry,(...and hello Larry, we meet again:-) ) Am off now to try your suggestions.
ttfn
Tony

#48209 - 12/17/99 12:15 PM Re: Midi... A px problem ..mmmmmm!
Larry Cohan Offline

Glad to hear your voice again, Tony. This new forum can definitely use your wonderful sense of humor (or humour, as you insist on spelling it.)

Well, go have another ciggie and all your midi problems will be solved.

Larry

#48210 - 12/17/99 06:09 PM Re: Midi... A px problem ..mmmmmm!
Tony W Offline

ROFL @ Larry! How do you know I never gave up the obnoxious weed? (...needless to say I will play like Liberace the day I give up smoking. Neither is ever likely :-) )

As for the midi problem.... thankyou both for your suggestions. The problem is now rectified. Something to do with a midi lead not being pushed in properly! (...hangs head in shame) :-)

Am off now to make Cole Porter spin in his grave as I murder his rather excellent music :-))

As ever
Tony

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online