SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#481561 - 11/23/19 12:33 AM Re: Never see any Pre-owned Genos for Sale! [Re: tony mads usa]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Originally Posted By abacus

Go to the main markets like Europe and Asia and you will find they were on sale in the used market a couple weeks after they were launched.
Bill

Hmmm ... that's interesting, but I guess the same could be said about any Arranger Keyboard ...

Absolutely

Bill

#481562 - 11/23/19 12:48 AM Re: Never see any Pre-owned Genos for Sale! [Re: Harold123]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By Harold123
I think I worded it wrong...It seems at least on this forum and PSR Tutorial forum People seem well pleased with the Genos. Not selling them...Harold

PSR Tutorial is a Yamaha fan persons forum and if you put a Yamaha badge on a cheap Casio they would defend it to the hilt no matter how bad it was, so using this as a benchmark as to how good a Genos is, means absolutely nothing. (Mention any other keyboard and you are held in disdain unless you are slagging it off)
AS to SZ, out of the minuscule amount of arrangers that are purchased in the US (SZ is mainly US centric) the largest majority are Yamaha or Korg these days, so these will show up the most.
Another thing to note is that as soon as Yamaha release a new board, users say it is the best thing since sliced bread, then go on to moan about what it hasn't got or asking what should be added in the next model, whereas with other manufactures instruments the owners just get on and enjoy it. (They get stuck to really get to know it)
A good indicator of how good a keyboard is, is what is the turnover, where you will find a lot of Yamaha owners change every 5 mins or so.

Bill

#481605 - 11/23/19 08:43 AM Re: Never see any Pre-owned Genos for Sale! [Re: abacus]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY

PSR Tutorial is a Yamaha fan persons forum and if you put a Yamaha badge on a cheap Casio they would defend it to the hilt no matter how bad it was, so using this as a benchmark as to how good a Genos is, means absolutely nothing. (Mention any other keyboard and you are held in disdain unless you are slagging it off)
AS to SZ, out of the minuscule amount of arrangers that are purchased in the US (SZ is mainly US centric) the largest majority are Yamaha or Korg these days, so these will show up the most.

Semi-harsh reality, but this sums up lots of what I've noticed, too. Nicely said, Bill.

#481647 - 11/23/19 12:32 PM Re: Never see any Pre-owned Genos for Sale! [Re: abacus]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Originally Posted By Harold123
I think I worded it wrong...It seems at least on this forum and PSR Tutorial forum People seem well pleased with the Genos. Not selling them...Harold

Another thing to note is that as soon as Yamaha release a new board, users say it is the best thing since sliced bread, then go on to moan about what it hasn't got or asking what should be added in the next model, whereas with other manufactures instruments the owners just get on and enjoy it. (They get stuck to really get to know it)
A good indicator of how good a keyboard is, is what is the turnover, where you will find a lot of Yamaha owners change every 5 mins or so.

Bill

Bill, what you fail to consider in your statement above, the vast majority of the members of the PSR -Tutorial site came there to learn more about THEIR YAMAHA arranger keyboards. Additionally, a huge number of those individuals have or own other brands, Korg, Roland, etc... However, they prefer the sound of their Yamaha over the other brands and that's why the purchased them. They're not prejudicial about other brands - they're just not interested in those stupid caparison posts that pop up now and again and for obvious reasons - IT'S A YAMAHA SITE! smile

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#481652 - 11/23/19 12:47 PM Re: Never see any Pre-owned Genos for Sale! [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

+1

#481670 - 11/23/19 03:36 PM Re: Never see any Pre-owned Genos for Sale! [Re: Harold123]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
bill. Yep...so you don't see many Genos used for sale, that says something big. Not good for someone looking for a good used one...

Lee

#481699 - 11/23/19 06:02 PM Re: Never see any Pre-owned Genos for Sale! [Re: Harold123]
124 Offline

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online