SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#481468 - 11/22/19 12:04 PM My friend Walter's rendition of Somewhere In Time
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
as requested. This was performed using his PSR-675, and from my perspective IT IS SUPERIOR in every aspect and movie quality. WOW!

Click Here to play Somewhere In Time by Walter.

Enjoy,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#481472 - 11/22/19 12:32 PM Re: My friend Walter's rendition of Somewhere In Time [Re: travlin'easy]
Harold123 Offline

Loc: Harrisville Pa USA
Simply Amazing Gary...He sure is Gifted...30 Years ago I did a Music dramamatic reading presentation of "I carry a Cross in My Pocket" using the Music background of Somewhere in time...The arrangement was by the Pianist Dino...People Loved it...Very Moving for Myself and those listening....Thank You for Posting this Gary....Sincerely Harold

#481474 - 11/22/19 12:43 PM Re: My friend Walter's rendition of Somewhere In Time [Re: travlin'easy]

Thanks Harold. When I listened to my friend Walter's rendition, I was overcome with emotion. Now, I have to bring it up on my wife's PC - I think she will feel the same as I. He is so incredibly talented and gifted.

All the best,

Gary cool

#481487 - 11/22/19 01:47 PM Re: My friend Walter's rendition of Somewhere In Time [Re: travlin'easy]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Gary,
very nice version. Did he actually sequence additional tracks or was it purely a style

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#481512 - 11/22/19 03:32 PM Re: My friend Walter's rendition of Somewhere In Time [Re: rikkisbears]
Dnj Offline

Gary thank you for sharing....
I hope to hear you give this song a try also sometime
when your feeling better.Hope I am allowed to request that without
getting ridiculed again like last time by a few....
I have never heard it until it was mentioned on the SZ.
Have a Happy Holiday buddy!

Edited by Dnj (11/22/19 03:32 PM)

#481518 - 11/22/19 03:44 PM Re: My friend Walter's rendition of Somewhere In Time [Re: travlin'easy]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Thanks Gary! Walt did a great job on this rendition. It is a song that should be played more frequently for sure. Loved the movie and the song should live forever! Thanks for posting!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#481520 - 11/22/19 03:58 PM Re: My friend Walter's rendition of Somewhere In Time [Re: travlin'easy]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Excellent and on a PSR-675..........as Paul writes “ it’s not the keyboard it’s the keyboardist.”

#481521 - 11/22/19 04:21 PM Re: My friend Walter's rendition of Somewhere In Time [Re: travlin'easy]

Riki, he created the song from scratch, one track at a time using the midi- sequencer, then converted it to an MP3.

My wife listened to the song and was astounded to say the very least, and she too felt emotional when she got about halfway through the song.

Donny, with all my health problems growing progressively worse, I find it difficult just to sit down at the keyboard and play at all. Just about every time I try to sing, or play, something seems to go dreadfully wrong. I am struggling to put together a rendition of Amazing Grace as an instrumental, a song that is frequently played here with bagpipes during a funeral procession for a fallen police officer, of which there seems to be a lot of lately. I'm not sure I can do it, and I played this song on a regular basis just 3 years ago before my retirement.

Thanks again for the comments and taking the time to listen guys and gals,

Gary cool

#481522 - 11/22/19 04:21 PM Re: My friend Walter's rendition of Somewhere In Time [Re: travlin'easy]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Gary- thanks again for posting a great version of this song. Godspeed on your health issues and we all are pulling for you to play Amazing Grace with the style and "Grace" as you have always done! Hang in there Gary!

Steve- ÷1 on your statement. The higher price/quality boards are a definitely a dream to own as I have experienced myself, but even a Casio can make beautiful music if you focus on its strengths.

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#481531 - 11/22/19 05:29 PM Re: My friend Walter's rendition of Somewhere In Time [Re: travlin'easy]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Gary,
WOW,,,,thanks so much, I was one that requested it...and I'm not disappointed! And I like a lot of his others too...great talent.
I am inspired that what I ask can certainly be done and done well!...hope for me to eventually be able to do something similar.

Hope things improve on your health issues.
I'm 71, getting old if you have problems is no fun (I've had a few too) ...hang in there...

Lee

#481533 - 11/22/19 05:32 PM Re: My friend Walter's rendition of Somewhere In Time [Re: travlin'easy]

Thanks Lee. I was confident that Walter would do a fantastic job on this song and he really nailed it, IMO. If you listen to the other songs on the page, you will hear some incredible renditions, all created from scratch using the S-675.

All the best,

Gary cool

#481534 - 11/22/19 05:36 PM Re: My friend Walter's rendition of Somewhere In Time [Re: travlin'easy]
leeboy Offline

SX900 owners...is there female and male voices similar or better on the SX?? Not the scat stuff I know that's there.

https://www.keyboard-player.org.uk/mtrax...s&location=

??
Thanks,

Lee

#481546 - 11/22/19 06:57 PM Re: My friend Walter's rendition of Somewhere In Time [Re: travlin'easy]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Riki, he created the song from scratch, one track at a time using the midi- sequencer, then converted it to an MP3.

Gary cool

Thanks Gary, had a feeling he couldn’t have recorded that, just using a style.
Well done indeed.

Actually proves another point, one doesn’t necessarily, need, latest, greatest and best to sound good.

Some of us just want new toys. Haha

Edited by rikkisbears (11/22/19 07:03 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#481551 - 11/22/19 07:37 PM Re: My friend Walter's rendition of Somewhere In Time [Re: leeboy]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By leeboy
SX900 owners...is there female and male voices similar or better on the SX?? Not the scat stuff I know that's there.

https://www.keyboard-player.org.uk/mtrax...s&location=

??
Thanks,

Lee

Hi Lee ,
Not that I could find. Maybe someone else may have more luck. Not sure I what voice he used.

Did find a pack with a soprano voice.
https://www.yamahamusicsoft.com/vse/concert-choir-psr

Not sure if it would be suitable for sx. Someone mentioned the other day the Yamaha site was coming up with some strange recommendations as to what Pack is best for sx.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#481570 - 11/23/19 04:51 AM Re: My friend Walter's rendition of Somewhere In Time [Re: travlin'easy]
leeboy Offline

Rikki, Did you look in the section on the SX900 for old sounds, legacy or whatever their called?
Thanks,
Lee

Edited by leeboy (11/23/19 04:54 AM)

#481576 - 11/23/19 06:01 AM Re: My friend Walter's rendition of Somewhere In Time [Re: travlin'easy]
leeboy Offline

Gary,
I listened to most every one...all very well done...
Thanks again for sharing Walter!
Lee

#481597 - 11/23/19 08:10 AM Re: My friend Walter's rendition of Somewhere In Time [Re: leeboy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Walter certainly is a talented individual ...

#481674 - 11/23/19 03:38 PM Re: My friend Walter's rendition of Somewhere In Time [Re: tony mads usa]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
That was gorgeous. I don't have the patience nor skill to do something piece by piece like that. Impressed by strings for Yamaha..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online