SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#481268 - 11/20/19 10:21 AM Re: First major negative on Genos [Re: Fran Carango]
dud Offline

Loc: israel
I HAVE GENOS PAX4 AND NORD ELECTRIC 4 , AND THINK THAT THE ONLY NEGATIVE IN GENOS IS THE HAMMOND , NOT SO IN THE SOUND ALTHOUGH THE SOUND IS NOT TOP NOTCH , BUT IN THE LESLIE. THE HAMMOND IN PAX4 IS BETTER BUT ALSO NOT GOOD ENOUGH , EVEN NORD IS ONLY OKAY , THE BEST ARE HAMMOND AND CRUMER.

#481273 - 11/20/19 12:06 PM Re: First major negative on Genos [Re: Fran Carango]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Pardon my ignorance, but as far as I could hear and see by the video, he is using the manufacturers preset sounds named 'RockOrgan'.
Also he pointed out that it is differences regarding soundcards, processing and outputs.

Yes, in this case Genos was clearly different from Hammond and Ketron, but so is it if we listen to diffrenet artists recordings / concerts where 'RockOrgan' sounds being used.
If add extra soundpacks it does wonders, but if work with drawbar settings and more, would it be possible to mix it up to sound a bit closer than it does in this 'demo'?

To compare products is fun and very interesting, but the sounds played here is not all the same preset 'Hammond RockOrgan' samples, so why should it sound perfectly equal as the big H? 🤔
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#481274 - 11/20/19 12:08 PM Re: First major negative on Genos [Re: dud]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By dud
I HAVE GENOS PAX4 AND NORD ELECTRIC 4 , AND THINK THAT THE ONLY NEGATIVE IN GENOS IS THE HAMMOND , NOT SO IN THE SOUND ALTHOUGH THE SOUND IS NOT TOP NOTCH , BUT IN THE LESLIE. THE HAMMOND IN PAX4 IS BETTER BUT ALSO NOT GOOD ENOUGH , EVEN NORD IS ONLY OKAY , THE BEST ARE HAMMOND AND CRUMER.

I'd say if you want a Hammond sound
just BUY a real Hammond & be done with it,..not an arranger kb..
and if not I don't think anyone will come up to you with your KORG, Genos, Roland, Ketron,Nord, or whatever and say
"Hey that is not a Hammond"!!!..this could be said for every instrument sound on any electronic keyboard, ...
if it ain't the real thing although close it just will
not sound exactly like it.

Edited by Dnj (11/20/19 01:22 PM)

#481275 - 11/20/19 12:24 PM Re: First major negative on Genos [Re: Eric, B]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By Eric, B
Every arranger had stronger and weaker points.
We all know that.
We all have different needs.
As a guitar player I find Roland guitars the weakest and unacceptable for me.
The organs in the Genos are more than sufficient for me.
However I bought this amazing expansion pack on sale for $30 on the Yamaha website.

Organ Session

Big difference. And I am happy. smile

Here is another one:

Organ Live

Eric

Personally, not into organs, but what I do love about Yamaha keyboards is the extras you can purchase, if one wishes to do so.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#481284 - 11/20/19 01:21 PM Re: First major negative on Genos [Re: Dnj]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By dud

....just BUY a real Hammond & be done with it..not an arranger..
and if not I don't think anyone will come up to you with your KORG,Genos, Roland Ketron or whatever and say
.....Hey that is not a Hammond!!!..this could be said for every instrument sound on any electronic keyboard, ...
if it ain't the real thing it just will not sound exactly like it.

I don't know why the piano and organ are singled out. There are 1,710 instrument voices on the Genos that don't sound exactly like the real instrument.
I rarely use the organ sound at gigs. Maybe a samba and a rare request for the 3 Sons.

Jerry

#481285 - 11/20/19 01:33 PM Re: First major negative on Genos [Re: Dnj]
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Made this video a year ago .

https://youtu.be/1FHdjg5A7wE

Now I have a NORD 5D , even better grin

I, cool

Edited by Impuls (11/20/19 01:36 PM)

#481287 - 11/20/19 01:44 PM Re: First major negative on Genos [Re: Jerryghr]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Jerryghr
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By dud

....just BUY a real Hammond & be done with it..not an arranger..
and if not I don't think anyone will come up to you with your KORG,Genos, Roland Ketron or whatever and say
.....Hey that is not a Hammond!!!..this could be said for every instrument sound on any electronic keyboard, ...
if it ain't the real thing it just will not sound exactly like it.

I don't know why the piano and organ are singled out. There are 1,710 instrument voices on the Genos that don't sound exactly like the real instrument.
I rarely use the organ sound at gigs. Maybe a samba and a rare request for the 3 Sons.

Jerry

+1

#481294 - 11/20/19 03:52 PM Re: First major negative on Genos [Re: Fran Carango]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Why? Because the staple sounds for any keyboard are Acoustic Piano, Electric Piano, Drums, Bass, Guitar, Sax and Organ

#481305 - 11/21/19 01:31 AM Re: First major negative on Genos [Re: Fran Carango]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I too think a good Leslie sound is important, even playing to people that may not be familiar with the original Hammond sound. I use organ a lot, and through the years, the comments on the sound seem proportional to the quality of the Leslie, even when the sounds are not great. There is a reason why so many took to that inimitable swirling motion in the first place, but you have to have the interaction of the drum and horns to pull it off. That is where the wannabes fail.

#481329 - 11/21/19 07:49 AM Re: First major negative on Genos [Re: Bernie9]
Harold123 Offline

Loc: Harrisville Pa USA
Is possible to install ones favorite Organs or pianos etc through Sampling into the Genos?...Harold

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online