SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#481071 - 11/18/19 05:23 PM Re: T5 vs Audya query [Re: DannyUK]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
My opinion is that some songs sound better on the tyros and others on the Audya.

#481072 - 11/18/19 05:39 PM Re: T5 vs Audya query [Re: Fran Carango]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
One thing to be mindful of is that all the Ketron demos are in stereo...the majority of Yamaha demos are mono and almost purposely made to sound dull and with less volume. I’ve heard T5 demos that sound much better than this.
Mitch

#481092 - 11/18/19 06:58 PM Re: T5 vs Audya query [Re: DannyUK]
salsaman Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA., USA
I got to hand it to Ketron they can hold their own with the big boys. The Ketron Audya has been out for years before the Tyros 5 was introduced. What about the Ketron SD-9 and SD-60? I think that Ketron has done a good job of providing us the tools to make incredible music. No bad choices here....

Edited by salsaman (11/18/19 06:59 PM)

#481118 - 11/19/19 01:08 AM Re: T5 vs Audya query [Re: DannyUK]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I agree with Fran. There is no question about the superior samples and the live sound being more pronounced. Some like the more homogenized sound, but other than sound Ketron suffers from a much smaller marketing impact, and perceived reliability issues. Personally, I have the Audya 76, as well as the SD40 and SD2. I find all to be great.

OTOH, for quieter settings, I find my S970 fits the bill, so I can see why many like the Genos ans SX900.

#481120 - 11/19/19 02:22 AM Re: T5 vs Audya query [Re: DannyUK]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
The outstanding thing from Yamaha is that there is something new almost on a weekly basis coming from the huge, dedicated Yamaha community.

Styles are becoming available faster than I can audition them properly. Same goes for 3rd party software created by gifted community members.

My Yamaha sure keeps me busy and I appreciate that. I stated this before:

1. Few brands sound more real than Ketron.
2. Few brands WOW me more than Yamaha.
3. For now I like WOW more...

Just look at this impressive list of 3rd party software available at my disposal: (This list is not even complete...)

And look at the number of very high quality styles available to me:

Attachments
Styles.JPG

3rd Party Software .JPG

#481135 - 11/19/19 06:14 AM Re: T5 vs Audya query [Re: Henni]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Henni
The outstanding thing from Yamaha is that there is something new almost on a weekly basis coming from the huge, dedicated Yamaha community.

Styles are becoming available faster than I can audition them properly. Same goes for 3rd party software created by gifted community members.

Just look at this impressive list of 3rd party software available at my disposal: (This list is not even complete...)

Henni, it's that very list that gives me pause; if I don't use it (the software) i'm paying for a lot of capability that I'm not using; if I do use it, i'm spending 80% of my time 'fiddling around' and 20% playing. I prefer the other way around. But that's just me. I keep thinking how many tunes I could learn while trying to learn and utilize all that software (which will go for naught if I change keyboard brands). Just look at all the angst, confusion, and frustration exhibited in the last Genos update (I was genuinely concerned that we might lose one of our members). I'm not saying it's all bad; it's just that at my age I'd rather spend my time MAKING music rather than PREPARING to make music. JMO.

chas

#481138 - 11/19/19 06:21 AM Re: T5 vs Audya query [Re: Henni]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Henni

And look at the number of very high quality styles available to me:

Henni +1...
Yamaha trounces the competition with SUPPORT and there lies the power. Haters will be Haters,....there are many choices out there
I say less talk, ...and more playing to hear! headphone

#481139 - 11/19/19 06:27 AM Re: T5 vs Audya query [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Dnj

I say less talk, ...and more playing to hear! headphone

Good advice, you should take it.

#481140 - 11/19/19 06:36 AM Re: T5 vs Audya query [Re: Bernie9]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9
I agree with Fran. There is no question about the superior samples and the live sound being more pronounced. Some like the more homogenized sound, but other than sound Ketron suffers from a much smaller marketing impact, and perceived reliability issues. Personally, I have the Audya 76, as well as the SD40 and SD2. I find all to be great.

OTOH, for quieter settings, I find my S970 fits the bill, so I can see why many like the Genos ans SX900.

Bernie all good thoughts.....Ketron can hold it's own for sure I have owned and performed with many of their units thru the years...
what makes people shy away even with the amazing live sound is SUPPORT, Stores where people can demo their units, etc,etc,
hands on playing,hearing, is believing.
have a great day buddy.

#481143 - 11/19/19 07:07 AM Re: T5 vs Audya query [Re: DannyUK]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
My question why you need so many styles and omg that software lol I also prefer spending my time playing music rather then playing with stupid software.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online