SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#481082 - 11/18/19 06:15 PM Re: What's Great, What's Not - SX700/SX900 [Re: Mikem]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Quote:
That's why one should always go to a store and try the keyboard(s) BEFORE buying. It's the only way to know if a keyboard is right for you.

Agree it's better to try before you buy. But for many of us, arranger keyboards are not available anywhere close. So we pick a Zone dealer who has a lot of patience for returns and exchanges, or sell outright here or other outlets

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#481084 - 11/18/19 06:19 PM Re: What's Great, What's Not - SX700/SX900 [Re: lahawk]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Originally Posted By lahawk
Quote:
That's why one should always go to a store and try the keyboard(s) BEFORE buying. It's the only way to know if a keyboard is right for you.

Agree it's better to try before you buy. But for many of us, arranger keyboards are not available anywhere close. So we pick a Zone dealer who has a lot of patience for returns and exchanges, or sell outright here or other outlets

Well, what can you do? You pays your money, and you takes your chances. smile

#481085 - 11/18/19 06:21 PM Re: What's Great, What's Not - SX700/SX900 [Re: saxxman]
lahawk Offline

Originally Posted By saxxman
I am sitting at the keyboard at this time and have no problem seeing the bottom row of controls. The bezel is really not blocking me and I am not that far above the board.

Good to know, I wonder why Jeremy would say that? It's disconcerting when you have the SX-900 on order, and somebody posts a video with 11 dislikes.

Edited by lahawk (11/18/19 06:37 PM)

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#481088 - 11/18/19 06:38 PM Re: What's Great, What's Not - SX700/SX900 [Re: lahawk]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
It's disconcerting when you have the SX-900 on order, and somebody posts a video with 11 dislikes.

Larry, as far as my needs go - his #11 no-nos were not a factor for me. I agree with some of his points, but overall, he's not a fan. So what? My Dad would say, "That's why they make chocolate and vanilla!"
My simple conclusions:
1) It's SOUNDS great
2) It's easy to use
3) It FEELS (not great, but) MUCH improved. Very playable
4) The sound system is tight, and powerful. I can imagine using this with no external speakers at the Winery.
5) The quick record feature is awesome, and easy

#481090 - 11/18/19 06:47 PM Re: What's Great, What's Not - SX700/SX900 [Re: Mikem]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
+1! I didn't find any of J's points to be a concern of mine. When sitting and playing upright, the bottom row is fully visible to me.

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#481091 - 11/18/19 06:52 PM Re: What's Great, What's Not - SX700/SX900 [Re: Mikem]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Larry, the other option would be to purchase a keyboard stand that has adjustable arms, or, the less expensive method that I used many years ago was to use a couple inexpensive, rubber, door stops and attach them to the arms with wire ties at the back end of the keyboard stand - worked great for years when I was playing the PSR-500, which had a horrible glare problem.

Hope this helps,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#481094 - 11/18/19 07:12 PM Re: What's Great, What's Not - SX700/SX900 [Re: travlin'easy]
lahawk Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
It's disconcerting when you have the SX-900 on order, and somebody posts a video with 11 dislikes.

Larry, as far as my needs go - his #11 no-nos were not a factor for me. I agree with some of his points, but overall, he's not a fan. So what? My Dad would say, "That's why they make chocolate and vanilla!"
My simple conclusions:
1) It's SOUNDS great
2) It's easy to use
3) It FEELS (not great, but) MUCH improved. Very playable
4) The sound system is tight, and powerful. I can imagine using this with no external speakers at the Winery.
5) The quick record feature is awesome, and easy

Originally Posted By saxxman
+1! I didn't find any of J's points to be a concern of mine. When sitting and playing upright, the bottom row is fully visible to me.

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Larry, the other option would be to purchase a keyboard stand that has adjustable arms, or, the less expensive method that I used many years ago was to use a couple inexpensive, rubber, door stops and attach them to the arms with wire ties at the back end of the keyboard stand - worked great for years when I was playing the PSR-500, which had a horrible glare problem.

Hope this helps,

Gary cool

Wow you guys are the best, I feel so much better with my order. Thanks to Donny and Steve for the PM advise too.

Now I hope that Frank, a great ZONE dealer, forgives me for driving him crazy. smile

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#481095 - 11/18/19 07:13 PM Re: What's Great, What's Not - SX700/SX900 [Re: Mikem]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
I like and respect Jeremy...but didn't hear any deal killer in his analysis.
Eddie

#481096 - 11/18/19 07:19 PM Re: What's Great, What's Not - SX700/SX900 [Re: Mikem]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Remember, guys, this is just one man's opinion, based on his personal needs/wants. I've read many, many positive reviews. Hope to buy it soon. smile

#481097 - 11/18/19 07:32 PM Re: What's Great, What's Not - SX700/SX900 [Re: Mikem]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
I can see perfectly, I am sitting down on a piano stool, leaning back, about 3 ft. From the screen and I can see the bottom part of screen PERFECTLY.

Maybe Mr See needs to do a bit more checking before making statements.
Wonder if he KNOWS about the screen calibration function under Utilities.
Maybe his screen is off centre or something.

Anyone who does Korg updates/upgrades I beleive would have to be aware of that function. Guess what , maybe a Yamaha screen might need to be calibrated too.

If one can’t remember what is assigned to buttons , anyone ever heard of sellotape and paper. One could easily type up a little strip with the assigned functions. And stick to it to the keyboard

The screen is basically cluttered enough without another row of icons. Guess what you, get a pop up telling one what the function is , and whether it’s on or off, when the button is pressed.

Edited by rikkisbears (11/18/19 07:35 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online