SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#481145 - 11/19/19 07:20 AM Re: T5 vs Audya query [Re: FransN]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Originally Posted By FransN
My question why you need so many styles and omg that software lol I also prefer spending my time playing music rather then playing with stupid software.

Henni has always shown a passion for creating and sharing his style creations. I’ve always appreciated his contributions in that area. It all depends on what aspect of music gives you the greatest pleasure...the playing side, or the technical side...or a combination of both. Nice to have options.
Mitch

#481146 - 11/19/19 07:23 AM Re: T5 vs Audya query [Re: Henni]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By Henni
The outstanding thing from Yamaha is that there is something new almost on a weekly basis coming from the huge, dedicated Yamaha community.

Styles are becoming available faster than I can audition them properly. Same goes for 3rd party software created by gifted community members.

My Yamaha sure keeps me busy and I appreciate that. I stated this before:

1. Few brands sound more real than Ketron.
2. Few brands WOW me more than Yamaha.
3. For now I like WOW more...

Just look at this impressive list of 3rd party software available at my disposal: (This list is not even complete...)

And look at the number of very high quality styles available to me:

Henni, what I don't see in your software list.. The top three software programs in their field. EMC Styleworks, PG Music BIAB, and V-arranger.

#481147 - 11/19/19 07:44 AM Re: T5 vs Audya query [Re: jingleman]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
If that’s the case he better buy a Korg arranger. No software needed as everything can be done onboard even a smf to style converter.

Edited by FransN (11/19/19 07:44 AM)

#481165 - 11/19/19 08:31 AM Re: T5 vs Audya query [Re: FransN]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
If that’s the case he better buy a Korg arranger. No software needed as everything can be done onboard even a smf to style converter.

Might be a little assumptive as Henni has been quite open about his only source of income is selling the styles he creates on his Yamaha.

#481166 - 11/19/19 08:34 AM Re: T5 vs Audya query [Re: DannyUK]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Didn’t know that sorry

#481168 - 11/19/19 08:42 AM Re: T5 vs Audya query [Re: DannyUK]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
No problem all. I come from a serious Process Automation design @ programming background. Guess that's why I like to create/modify styles so much.

Now that I'm at home, this at least keeps my brain active before more cells start to die. I think of it as gym for my brain.

Yes, I program much more than I play, but I get huge fulfillment out of it. At least I guess that a few others are enjoying actually playing with some of these creations.

Tx for naming those other software packages - however I only listed the ones solely dedicated to Yamaha and about 90% of those can be downloaded & used for free.

#481169 - 11/19/19 08:47 AM Re: T5 vs Audya query [Re: DannyUK]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By jingleman
My question why you need so many styles and omg that software lol I also prefer spending my time playing music rather then playing with stupid software.

Henni has always shown a passion for creating and sharing his style creations. I’ve always appreciated his contributions in that area. It all depends on what aspect of music gives you the greatest pleasure...the playing side, or the technical side...or a combination of both. Nice to have options.
Mitch

In the world of music, there is only ONE objective; to create MUSIC. Ultimately, music comes from the BRAIN, from life experiences, from feelings and emotions, NOT from software routines. Think of all the world's greatest music and tell me which was created through software. I don't think Bach or Mozart ever hit an 'enter' key. In terms of producing music, technology should (IMO) represent @ 2% of the process. Music is an ART, not a science. It is a 'right brain' activity.

"The left side of the brain is responsible for controlling the right side of the body. It also performs tasks that have to do with logic, such as in science and mathematics. On the other hand, the right hemisphere coordinates the left side of the body, and performs tasks that have do with creativity and the arts."

JMO but, I feel the more we lean towards technology, the further we get away from the innate creativeness given to every human being. Again, JMO.

chas

#481170 - 11/19/19 08:49 AM Re: T5 vs Audya query [Re: Fran Carango]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango

Danny I hope you don't mind a different perspective. smile

I think this demo.. Yamaha picked on the wrong Ketron grin

The Tyros is thin sounding, that is why is swimming in effects..

Audya is fatter, with more clarity and definition, Unlike the Tyros it sounds live.

I think the Ketron samples are better than Yamaha.

Especially drums and bass, easily better on Audya.

I think folks would be surprised if they heard these two stripped of all effects, and listen to the quality of the samples.. Yamaha would be embarrassed. shocked

Hi Fran,

Of course I don't mind a different point of view or opinion, and in fact I can definitely see where you're coming from in terms of effects as the T5's version of that smf certainly has more effects, and that's what I do like anyway. Not saying the Audya version sounded bad, but it reminds me of how Korg plays smf's as well. Yes they sound more natural but to get it how I like it to sound I have to do some heavy editing. Actually I did get them to sound as I liked on the Pa1x when I had it. The Yamaha's just seem to have the effects by default. Its a bit like how I like my salads, with lots of vinegar lol

#481173 - 11/19/19 08:58 AM Re: T5 vs Audya query [Re: DannyUK]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Chas,

Most of what we, over here at this "ARRANGER" forum play, comes from the brains of very technical but highly talented people. If they focused on playing only, none of this would be so.

Music is changing and as of late electronics plays a HUGE role in just about EVERYTHING we listen to music wise. And programming makes for a huge part of this.

Henni

#481176 - 11/19/19 09:10 AM Re: T5 vs Audya query [Re: Henni]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Henni
Chas,

Most of what we, over here at this "ARRANGER" forum play, comes from the brains of very technical but highly talented people. If they focused on playing only, none of this would be so.

Music is changing and as of late electronics plays a HUGE role in just about EVERYTHING we listen to music wise. And programming makes for a huge part of this.

Henni

MUSIC, at it's essence, is NOT changing. Only the methods we use to physically and audibly recreate what is going on in our brain has changed. As with most things affected by technology, these methods have evolved but the music itself begins and ends in the brain. Technology allows us to share it with others.

chas

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online