SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#481045 - 11/18/19 03:37 PM Re: "Besame Mucho" - First Demo on my Shiny New SX900 [Re: hammer]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Randy ... Just listened with headphones ... This is really beautiful ...

#481046 - 11/18/19 03:41 PM Re: "Besame Mucho" - First Demo on my Shiny New SX900 [Re: saxxman]
DannyUK Offline

Randy.. I was mesmerised. Truly beautiful.

#481047 - 11/18/19 03:44 PM Re: "Besame Mucho" - First Demo on my Shiny New SX900 [Re: saxxman]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Excellent! clap

#481069 - 11/18/19 05:04 PM Re: "Besame Mucho" - First Demo on my Shiny New SX900 [Re: saxxman]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Absolutely outstanding performance, my friend. WOW!

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#481073 - 11/18/19 05:55 PM Re: "Besame Mucho" - First Demo on my Shiny New SX900 [Re: saxxman]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Wow - I am most grateful to all of you for listening and for posting such nice comments! The whole thing started out as an experiment with the recorder and just went from there.

Deane - I used 4 Registration buttons:

1 - Etherial Movie (1st variation)
2 - Dreamy Ballad (1st variation)
3 - Dreamy Ballad (2nd variation with added Multipad "Strings Ballad #1)
4 - Etherial Movie (1st ending variation)

I turned off the piano comping in the Dreamy Ballad style and cut the style volume back a bit. Probably could have raised the volume on the left hand a little more.

Again, I am most grateful for the "listens" and for your encouragement. I love playing the arrangers and am having a ball "taming" this new ride!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#481093 - 11/18/19 07:10 PM Re: "Besame Mucho" - First Demo on my Shiny New SX900 [Re: saxxman]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Randy. I'm late to the party. Just listened. So laid back and tasty. Beautiful.
Eddie

#481106 - 11/18/19 07:57 PM Re: "Besame Mucho" - First Demo on my Shiny New SX900 [Re: saxxman]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Randy, I liked that very much....
Question...it looks like in this video you are sitting kind of low and back some...did you have any problem viewing the screen?
See it OK colors & all??
Thanks,
Lee

#481122 - 11/19/19 05:14 AM Re: "Besame Mucho" - First Demo on my Shiny New SX900 [Re: saxxman]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Very nice performance. You really have a way of decorating the melody.

I’m just curious if you’ve tried the chord loop her yet? I it would be a great tool for horn as player/ keyboardist like yourself. You could play a chorus on the keyboard and go to sax while the keyboard is looping. Could you give that a try, and let us not know how that goes?

Edited by montunoman (11/19/19 05:15 AM)

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#481129 - 11/19/19 05:49 AM Re: "Besame Mucho" - First Demo on my Shiny New SX900 [Re: leeboy]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Originally Posted By leeboy
Randy, I liked that very much....
Question...it looks like in this video you are sitting kind of low and back some...did you have any problem viewing the screen?
See it OK colors & all??
Thanks,
Lee

Hi Lee - I have pretty bad vision these days, but in my normal upright position, I have absolutely no problem viewing the screen. For this video, I was backed away to keep my noggin' from blocking the camera. Normally I am more upright. In both cases, no problem viewing the screen or seeing the colors and content. Thanks for listening!

Originally Posted By montunoman
Very nice performance. You really have a way of decorating the melody.

I’m just curious if you’ve tried the chord loop her yet? I it would be a great tool for horn as player/ keyboardist like yourself. You could play a chorus on the keyboard and go to sax while the keyboard is looping. Could you give that a try, and let us not know how that goes?

MontunoMan - I have only played briefly with the chord looper and I agree it could make it very interesting by allowing a horn player or guitar player to stand up and take a solo. I have played a few gigs where I took the keyboard and my sax and once I get comfortable with the looper, I can definitely see a utility for playing a tune on keyboard and playing a chorus or two on the sax. I will bone up on it and try to post something in the future. Thanks for the listen and the kind words!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#481163 - 11/19/19 08:29 AM Re: "Besame Mucho" - First Demo on my Shiny New SX900 [Re: saxxman]
girljam Offline

Loc: FL
Ditto on all of the above, looks and sounds like you are making great music with your new SX900!
Glad to see you working with the reg system, I am sneaking in some time to do the same for a few Xmas songs on my 970. .. .
Very smooth my friend!

PSR S970, PSR S910, ShureSM57 mics, and way too much misc.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online