SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#48109 - 12/23/03 08:52 AM load 1 song from floppy to SD
smiles Offline

Loc: Palm Springs,Ca USA and Washi...
I like to know an uncomplicated way to take one or two specific songs from a floppy of 30 or more and load those into the SD card.
I do not have the sofware or USB cable to do it through the computer.
Thanks a lot for your reply.

#48110 - 12/23/03 09:23 AM Re: load 1 song from floppy to SD
technicsplayer Offline

if it's just a couple of songs, load the floppy file, noting the list of subfiles (composer, panel memory, sequencer etc) and then straight away save to the SD card, with the same subfiles selected on page 2 of the save screen - this just to maximise space on your SD card.

#48111 - 01/03/04 09:26 PM Re: load 1 song from floppy to SD
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I got an email from Peter (smiles) tonight and he is not happy with the response he got to this request for help. I have mailed his email to all the KN7000 owners requesting that you might help him resolve this simple question with a step by step simple answer.
maybe others here have a need for this info in more depth so please post it here
thanks,
Bebop

#48112 - 01/04/04 04:24 AM Re: load 1 song from floppy to SD
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Whilst Alec's description of the process is quite adequate for users who are fairly familiar with the KN7000, it would seem that Peter requires a more detailed procedure. I therefore offer the following
1. Insert the Disc in the KN7000 Disk Drive.
2. If the KN7000 screen does not show 'DISK MENU' then press Disc Load button.
3. Press the 'LOAD' button - top Right of screen
4. Select the song to be copied using the cursor keys below the screen.
5. Make a note of the components of the song, displayed in the box at the Right side of the screen ( Current Panel, Panel Memory etc) These are the individual parts of the song, which were recorded during the original Floppy disc 'Save' operation.
6. Press the 'LOAD' button - top Right of screen - the song will now load into the KN7000.
7. Press 'SD LOAD' Yellow button - SD MENU screen should appear.
8. Press 'SAVE' button - second top at Right side of screen.
9. Press 'TECHNICS FORMAT' button - same position as in step 8
10. Press 'SONG NAMING' button and enter an appropriate name - up to 16 characters.
11. Press 'OK' button - second from bottom at Right side of screen
12. Use the cursor keys at the bottom of the screen to navigate to a blank FOLDER and name the folder as necessary.
13. Navigate to a blank SONG position within the folder.
14. Press the upper 'PAGE' button (Right bottom Corner) to change to Page 2 of the SD SAVE screens. (Yellow area top Right of screen, shows active page)
15. Refer to the notes made earlier in step 5 and use the buttons at the bottom of the screen, to select/de-select the components of the song, to be saved to SD card. Pressing the Upper of each pair will select that particular component to be saved and will show 'ON'. Pressing the Lower button of the pair will de-select that component and will show 'OFF'on the screen.
16. Since it is not easy, without further operations, to determine how many of the Panel Memories ( 3BANK or ALL ) were saved, when the Floppy disc files were recorded, it is probably best to set the 'Panel Memory' component to 'ALL'. However, if it is known that only the '3BANK' option was used during the original Floppy disc recording, then '3BANK' can be selected.
17. Having selected all the file components, press the 'SAVE' button - top Right and the song will be saved to SD card.
18. When the Save process has finished, the KN7000 Display will revert to the 'Home Screen'
19. To repeat the procedure for additional songs, press the 'DISK LOAD' button and repeat from step 3. If the same Folder is being used for additional songs, then step 12 can be skipped.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#48113 - 01/04/04 04:42 AM Re: load 1 song from floppy to SD
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Bill, thanks so much for providing that detailed breakdown of all the steps required to make the transfer. I'm sure Peter will be able to follow your explanation. It's definately not a two button press operation is it. I can understand that someone not so familiar with the Technics OS and interface would have found it confusing. Alec, thanks to you also for providing your original assistance.

#48114 - 01/04/04 05:36 AM Re: load 1 song from floppy to SD
technicsplayer Offline

the page 2 save is only a suggestion to save space on the SD card. If you don't even know how to load and save yet ignore it and just do a default performance save; investigate page 2 when more familiar with the basic features of the machine.

#48115 - 01/04/04 08:03 AM Re: load 1 song from floppy to SD
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hiya Peter/Smiles
Don't feel alone out there with your lack of knowledge of even the absolute basics of Technics Keyboard operation.
I run a fortnightly class for folk here in the UK who all have exactly the same problem...
They bought 'the dream' sold them by the retailer and then when they got home they realised that there's a lot more to it.
Mostly they then stumble on a bit before giving up completely!!!
The basic concept of our club is that we meet to share knowledge and therefore learn from each other.
Bill Norrie's description in answer to your query is absolutely right but you guys have got to ptractise it together until it becomes commonplace for you...
Good luck
Roger M

#48116 - 01/10/04 09:37 PM Re: load 1 song from floppy to SD
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi All,

Whilst I go along with much of what Bill says in his detailed instructions. I find the simpliest way is (1) make sure the'EXPAND' mode is on after loading the floppy to the KN7. (2) access the SD card in the usual way, name the file (if it isn't already named) (3) make sure it is in Technics Format, go to page 2, change Panel Memory to 'ALL' and save.

The default is 'Performance' which coupled with the 'Expand' Mode should save everything without having to worry about the actual set up. It may take a few seconds more to load but this is neglible. It works for me anyway.

One more thing - I would remind you that care needs to be taken when adding files to the same folder as it is so easy to overwrite previous files. Sometime ago on this Forum Alec gave details on how to add files to the SD card using a blank disk and this also works for me. If you need to know more about this method I am sure Alec would be pleased to help.

Good luck.

Aud

#48117 - 01/11/04 01:35 AM Re: load 1 song from floppy to SD
Mark And Michelle Offline

Loc: Mersea Island, Essex, U K
Bill,

You'll forgive us for 'butting in' with a reply. Reading through the original topic and all the replies, it makes us feel lucky that, at least, on the 6K file saving and swapping is so much easier and, therefore, more fun.

Our knowledge of the 7K is limited to what we've read but it seems a pity when most user's have Gbs of storage availible to them on their home PC they don't make more use of this for storage. With the right cable and software the relevant files can be sent direct to the keyboard. On another point a standard CDR can hold the contents of 14000 songs in Technics format so, that way, you've always got a fail-safe copy of all your work.

We've yet to find out if an external CD-RW reader/burner will work with a 'board but, no doubt, some boffin at Technics is working on it.

With regards from the UK,

Michelle, Mark (& Lucy)

#48118 - 01/11/04 03:44 AM Re: load 1 song from floppy to SD
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
M & M, Saving to a SD card or to a floppy is almost the same, there are just more options to select.
When you are able, buy a KN7000, you'll love it.

M&M, That's cute, my favorite kind of candy.
Thank you so much for your help Mark and Michelle.
Good playing, John C.

[This message has been edited by bruno123 (edited 01-11-2004).]

#48119 - 01/11/04 05:50 AM Re: load 1 song from floppy to SD
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark And Michelle:
Reading through the original topic and all the replies, it makes us feel lucky that, at least, on the 6K file saving and swapping is so much easier and, therefore, more fun.

The steps are absolutely identical to transferring a song on the 6k from one floppy to another floppy using the keyboard. The only extra step compared to the 6k is selecting a folder on the SD card, but this would be the equivalent of removing the source floppy and replacing with the destination floppy, so there is no real difference at all. Just think of each folder on the SD card as one floppy disk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online