SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#480706 - 11/15/19 07:37 AM YEM Yamaha Expansion Pack EXPLAINED???
Dnj Offline

I have never used these expansion packs ...but I have them all!
including the new 2.0 Superior pack for Genos.

1- Please simply explain what they are?
2- How do you install them?
3- Are they used separate from the factory/user styles etc..?
4- Can you load them to use in KB user style banks like other styles?
5- What is the YEM and do you need to use it to use these new styles in some way or?

#480708 - 11/15/19 07:50 AM Re: YEM Yamaha Expansion Pack EXPLAINED??? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
The Genos reference manual explains it I think.

#480710 - 11/15/19 08:13 AM Re: YEM Yamaha Expansion Pack EXPLAINED??? [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

there has tyo be an easier way ....
I have tried 5 times so complicated just to load some styles???

#480711 - 11/15/19 08:14 AM Re: YEM Yamaha Expansion Pack EXPLAINED??? [Re: Dnj]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#480713 - 11/15/19 08:19 AM Re: YEM Yamaha Expansion Pack EXPLAINED??? [Re: Dnj]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

Not only 'some styles', but 50 of them, and lots of sounds to the soundarchive and made corresponding to the OTS settings.
The free pack is great, and the OTS mix make Genos shine even more than before. 😊

#480715 - 11/15/19 08:44 AM Re: YEM Yamaha Expansion Pack EXPLAINED??? [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny
Originally Posted By Dnj

Not only 'some styles', but 50 of them, and lots of sounds to the soundarchive and made corresponding to the OTS settings.
The free pack is great, and the OTS mix make Genos shine even more than before. 😊

Thanx gunnar but this is not an easier as it seems to load them and use...still trying here

#480718 - 11/15/19 08:55 AM Re: YEM Yamaha Expansion Pack EXPLAINED??? [Re: Dnj]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

I posted a couple of videos in the onther update thread, and I can see there is posted vodeolinks at your thread at PSR:
They may help a bit to get you going further in the process.

#480719 - 11/15/19 09:03 AM Re: YEM Yamaha Expansion Pack EXPLAINED??? [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Dnj Offline

I posted a couple of videos in the onther update thread, and I can see there is posted vodeolinks at your thread at PSR:
They may help a bit to get you going further in the process.

These videos are useless mad

there has to be a simple way to do this
STEP BY STEP WITH USB STICK OR WITH OUT USING THE YEM

#480722 - 11/15/19 09:31 AM Re: YEM Yamaha Expansion Pack EXPLAINED??? [Re: Dnj]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

I never tried install packs by use of USB, I only use YEM.
When look into the manuals, it seems like that YEM is essential even if use USB.
If I understand it correctly, the packs has to be imported to YEM where it's being extracted.
Then you must export it to the usb before continue import to Genos. The instrument info file is a key that also must be imported to YEM.
I think this is a part of the copyprotection system, and that it also will deny files copyed from other users.

#480724 - 11/15/19 09:57 AM Re: YEM Yamaha Expansion Pack EXPLAINED??? [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdMMqEcKwz4&t=9s

Hi
Sorry can’t check videos Jonny posted at the moment, so not sure if the above is one of them. Dave posted this one the other day, it’s how I do mine on sx. You have to use Yem even with USB stick. Also not sure if updated Yem has changed, so hopefully clip is still applicable.

Edited by rikkisbears (11/15/19 10:02 AM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#480729 - 11/15/19 10:50 AM Re: YEM Yamaha Expansion Pack EXPLAINED??? [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

FWIW, I think I'd go the dealer and ask them to do the update. To technically challenged folks like me it'd be worth it to save myself the aggro.

#480742 - 11/15/19 12:04 PM Re: YEM Yamaha Expansion Pack EXPLAINED??? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

I have been at this for hours with no sucess using a USB stick & YEM.....every time I try to install from usb stick it says failed to access data? this is so frustrating...
I get this message every time??? what is wrong??

Attachments
20191115_145816.jpg

#480747 - 11/15/19 12:37 PM Re: YEM Yamaha Expansion Pack EXPLAINED??? [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Finally after 5 hours of trying I have successfully installed the superior expansion pack to Genos.
I want to thank all of you who tried to help me ....
finally the problem was to first time save the file from
YEM file as a .cpi NOT a .cqi
to a clean USB stick..
It's loaded and working now,
...I'll listen to all the wonderful styles & sounds now.

Now Genos v2.0 is completely installed
and all new features are working great.

Edited by Dnj (11/15/19 12:39 PM)

#480748 - 11/15/19 12:49 PM Re: YEM Yamaha Expansion Pack EXPLAINED??? [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Good news Donny.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#480749 - 11/15/19 12:49 PM Re: YEM Yamaha Expansion Pack EXPLAINED??? [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Just a suggestion Donny (and assuming he's willing), Fran seems to be pretty good with the technical stuff; maybe a fresh set of eyes on the update instructions might help. I DO agree though, that adding new styles and voices to a modern instrument shouldn't be so hard. With the state of today's software, this type of update should be a three or four click affair. As for 124's suggestion of going to the dealer for help, that's one of the things we give up with our on-line ordering society. Hope you get it worked out. This kind of thing can suck all the joy out of a new toy.

chas

#480750 - 11/15/19 12:52 PM Re: YEM Yamaha Expansion Pack EXPLAINED??? [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Whoops, I posted the above without realizing you were sucessfull with you update. Good news.

chas

#480753 - 11/15/19 01:21 PM Re: YEM Yamaha Expansion Pack EXPLAINED??? [Re: rikkisbears]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By rikkisbears
Good news Donny.

Thanx Rikki..well worth the effort these new
styles are super useful for so many songs and the new sounds are amazing too wow.

#480755 - 11/15/19 01:30 PM Re: YEM Yamaha Expansion Pack EXPLAINED??? [Re: Dnj]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

👍
I'm happy that it finally worked out Donny.
Have fun!

#480756 - 11/15/19 01:46 PM Re: YEM Yamaha Expansion Pack EXPLAINED??? [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Dnj Offline

👍
I'm happy that it finally worked out Donny.
Have fun!

Gunnar appreciate all you help thanx

#480782 - 11/15/19 10:53 PM Re: YEM Yamaha Expansion Pack EXPLAINED??? [Re: Dnj]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
[quote=Dnj]Finally after 5 hours of trying I have successfully installed the superior expansion pack to Genos.
I want to thank all of you who tried to help me ....
to a clean USB stick..
It's loaded and working now,
...I'll listen to all the wonderful styles & sounds now.”

Hi mate, as well as all of that the Australian site hadn’t even listed the download for the bonus styles sounds Pack in the download section. I had to go to the UK site to get it. Also I have tried many times to load the bonus playlist for v2 and it’s stuck on game of thrones. Boy Yammy, why not just include all in the main update file to install and then the user can choose what to delete?. This expansion pack thing, mmmmm ugh. Anyway got the new styles and sounds love em, but still working on prob with the playlist?. Any help appreciated.

Robbo

Edited by Robbo (11/15/19 10:56 PM)

#480783 - 11/16/19 02:14 AM Re: YEM Yamaha Expansion Pack EXPLAINED??? [Re: Dnj]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
to a clean USB stick..
Now Genos v2.0 is completely installed
and all new features are working great.

Donny, glad to hear you got things figured out. I’m about ready to head into YEM land...so your tips may be helpful.
Continued good luck with Genos,
Mitch

#480784 - 11/16/19 02:47 AM Re: YEM Yamaha Expansion Pack EXPLAINED??? [Re: jingleman]
Dnj Offline

Thanx... Have fun Mitch..
Enjoying the chord looper too?

#480820 - 11/16/19 09:07 AM Re: YEM Yamaha Expansion Pack EXPLAINED??? [Re: Robbo]
Robbo Offline

Ok so I figured out that the new v3 playlist will only work properly if the bonus styles are loaded into the expansion area and not moved anywhere else (saved into user styles and so on ). So you can only have one expansion pack in the Genos at one time and if you want to have more you apparently can through the expansion software combine packs and make your own. This would be great and seems to work well with other packs except that the new version 2 styles pack is locked and you can’t combine it with other packs as far as I can ascertain.
‘Any help appreciated.

#480821 - 11/16/19 09:09 AM Re: YEM Yamaha Expansion Pack EXPLAINED??? [Re: Robbo]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Robbo
Ok so I figured out that the new v3 playlist will only work properly if the bonus styles are loaded into the expansion area and not moved anywhere else (saved into user styles and so on ). So you can only have one expansion pack in the Genos at one time and if you want to have more you apparently can through the expansion software combine packs and make your own. This would be great and seems to work well with other packs except that the new version 2 styles pack is locked and you can’t combine it with other packs as far as I can ascertain.
‘Any help appreciated.

Expansion pack genos

good info here..

Edited by Dnj (11/16/19 09:19 AM)

#480827 - 11/16/19 09:37 AM Re: YEM Yamaha Expansion Pack EXPLAINED??? [Re: Robbo]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

..... So you can only have one expansion pack in the Genos at one time ...

Hi Robbo.
You can add a lot of packs into Genos Expansion folder, at the moment I have 21 packs installed, and it still does not fill up the memory, not even before the update.
V2 expanded to 3GB+, so still room for twice as much as I have now.
When import new packs into YEM, every pack will show in the 'window'. Then you can 'tick' the ones you want to transfer so it shows a green V at each pack you want to install.
Because of thet the Expansion memory being formattet every time you transfer files, you must tick all packs you want to have installed EVERY time you add a new pack, or else only the one choosed will be installed.
This bothered me a lot at the start as well, that it was not as simple as just add the new pack. I had to learn it the hard way. 😁

The playlist that follow the stylepack is created to work after the installation as long as we do as said in manual.
Neither the styles or sound must be moved or changed names to after it's entered into playlist, if so, the 'route' to the 'goal' is not correct, and when press a songtitle, it will not find what it is looking for.

Edit: I can see some video posted now, and there are probably more to find if serach at YT.

Edited by Gunnar Jonny (11/16/19 09:39 AM)

#480832 - 11/16/19 10:40 AM Re: YEM Yamaha Expansion Pack EXPLAINED??? [Re: Dnj]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Thanx... Have fun Mitch..
Enjoying the chord looper too?

Haven’t ventured there yet. Wish I could retire now so I could have more time to play.
Mitch

#480865 - 11/16/19 03:22 PM Re: YEM Yamaha Expansion Pack EXPLAINED??? [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Robbo Offline

Hi,
Thanks for your reply, yes I watched the vids re how to combine packs but the V2 pack has a lock on it so you can’t combine with other packs. I wonder, do I need to export the the pack as another name and then import it back into expansion manager to be able to combine it? Will try stay tuned!

#480869 - 11/16/19 04:11 PM Re: YEM Yamaha Expansion Pack EXPLAINED??? [Re: Robbo]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi,
Thanks for your reply, yes I watched the vids re how to combine packs but the V2 pack has a lock on it so you can’t combine with other packs. I wonder, do I need to export the the pack as another name and then import it back into expansion manager to be able to combine it? Will try stay tuned!

First up, I gather you do have vers 2.6 of the software?

When I bring up my expansion packs for my sx900 some of them have locks on the sounds ie the little drum icons don’t have locks, but the little keyboard icons do.

On the top left hand of the screen, under install target, there’s a little icon that says, PSR-SX900. When I press on that, I get a pop up, loading instruments data, then I get ticks on all those little keyboard items.

Is that the locks your referring to?
If not is it possible one of your other paks is causing the problem ie you need to put in a code.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#480883 - 11/17/19 02:14 AM Re: YEM Yamaha Expansion Pack EXPLAINED??? [Re: rikkisbears]
Robbo Offline

Mmmmm, well finally for unknown reasons the v2 playlist and styles all work beautifully, but the bonus styles v3 won’t load properly un, think this is a bit buggy but will persevere as I like what I’m listening to so far, but expect there will be an update coming sooner rather than later. Could just be why the Australian site haven’t even listed the bonus v2 styles ect on the downloads page yet. Is it a regional thing? Mmmm not sure

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online