SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#480647 - 11/14/19 01:56 PM Re: Jeremy See Shows SX900/SX700 Differences [Re: Mikem]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Our ol' friend Ian is back. YAHHH!
Who knows, maybe Scott Yee will follow

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#480650 - 11/14/19 02:00 PM Re: Jeremy See Shows SX900/SX700 Differences [Re: Mikem]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I talked to Scott this week. He said tell everyone hello. He's happy playing Korg PA1000 and wondering when PA5X will appear.

#480651 - 11/14/19 02:03 PM Re: Jeremy See Shows SX900/SX700 Differences [Re: DonM]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By DonM
I talked to Scott this week. He said tell everyone hello. He's happy playing Korg PA1000 and wondering when PA5X will appear.

Haha , good one. Maybe they’’ll make 2 versions. One with light touch, one semi weighted , just for you Don.
Say hi to Scott . We miss him.

P.s could you ask him ( if you happen to remember) if he still has his African Grey Parrot ( I think it was), remember having a great conversation with him about it a long time ago. Both bird lovers . Haha

Edited by rikkisbears (11/14/19 02:07 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#480653 - 11/14/19 02:19 PM Re: Jeremy See Shows SX900/SX700 Differences [Re: Mikem]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Originally Posted By rikkisbears
Originally Posted By W Tracy Parnell
And he makes a good argument for the 700. The only big thing missing is the chord looper IMO.

Hi , also styles and voices.

Can now play T3 thru to T5 styles , most sound fine without any tweaking.
My S950 couldn’t play a lot of these styles, missing voices. Couldn’t be bothered trying to fix them, they wouldn’t have sounded the same , if the voice didn’t exist on the keyboard.

Without the chord looper, the better speakers, the new styles and voices, the scat voices, Bluetooth ( which I use for connecting my iPad) there wouldn’t really have been much point in upgrading, I wouldn’t have bothered just for the sake of a touch screen.

Good Points Rikki, and one has to also weigh the price difference, being that the SX-900 costs at least $600 more than the SX-700

So the S950 will not play T3-T-5 styles properly, but the SX900 will? Nice to know. I wonder how the SX-700 would handle those same Tyros styles?

And Ian, curious as to how your PSR-775 handles your T-4 styles?

Finally thanks Mike for the video link. Something else to think about

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#480656 - 11/14/19 02:50 PM Re: Jeremy See Shows SX900/SX700 Differences [Re: lahawk]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By lahawk

Ian, curious as to how your PSR-775 handles your T-4 styles?

Hi Larry...most of the T4 styles that were carry-overs from the T3 and CVP were fine in the 775...sometimes I needed to find a different bass sound, but, since the 775 has all the essential (basic) mega voices (acoustic, slap, pick etc) it was easy to find something that worked....however the "new" T4 styles didn't translate as well, mainly due to missing voices I couldn't find a decent replacement for.

I bought the 775 to play...I rarely do any programming on it and I only use one set of registrations...I've got lots of styles to play with, and I want to play the damn instrument, not spend hours fine tuning everything...I have a volume pedal and a sustain hooked up...I do a lot of just picking a style and improvising...the lead sounds in the 775 are really great...all the necessary (for me) SA sounds are there, so I just wail away for as long as my arse can take sitting on the bench. Ha ha.

Good to see you.

Ian

#480657 - 11/14/19 02:58 PM Re: Jeremy See Shows SX900/SX700 Differences [Re: rikkisbears]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA

P.s could you ask him ( if you happen to remember) if he still has his African Grey Parrot ( I think it was), remember having a great conversation with him about it a long time ago. Both bird lovers . Haha

I wish I could ship you that darn Cardinal that drives me crazy pecking on my window from Spring thru Fall. I keep hoping he'll break his little beak. Wakes me every morning at 7:00am sharp. I think he can see my clock through the window. I also think he sends in his cousin when he takes a lunch break. auggghhhhh.

smile

chas

#480659 - 11/14/19 03:19 PM Re: Jeremy See Shows SX900/SX700 Differences [Re: rikkisbears]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By DonM

Haha , good one. Maybe they’’ll make 2 versions. One with light touch, one semi weighted , just for you Don.
Say hi to Scott . We miss him.

You can drop him a note. Info at www.scottyee.com

#480661 - 11/14/19 03:58 PM Re: Jeremy See Shows SX900/SX700 Differences [Re: Mikem]
124 Offline

Good to see yas back in here, Ian. And good to know Scott is still doing the business.

#480670 - 11/14/19 06:32 PM Re: Jeremy See Shows SX900/SX700 Differences [Re: lahawk]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By lahawk

Hi , also styles and voices.

Can now play T3 thru to T5 styles , most sound fine without any tweaking.
My S950 couldn’t play a lot of these styles, missing voices. Couldn’t be bothered trying to fix them, they wouldn’t have sounded the same , if the voice didn’t exist on the keyboard.

Without the chord looper, the better speakers, the new styles and voices, the scat voices, Bluetooth ( which I use for connecting my iPad) there wouldn’t really have been much point in upgrading, I wouldn’t have bothered just for the sake of a touch screen.

Good Points Rikki, and one has to also weigh the price difference, being that the SX-900 costs at least $600 more than the SX-700

So the S950 will not play T3-T-5 styles properly, but the SX900 will? Nice to know. I wonder how the SX-700 would handle those same Tyros styles?

And Ian, curious as to how your PSR-775 handles your T-4 styles?

Finally thanks Mike for the video link. Something else to think about [/quote]

Hi Larry,
Finally finished this morning, Won’t say how long this has taken me, put it this way, first and last time I’ll ever do it. Haha
I’ve been sorting thru my collection of psr/tyros factory styles. Had them going back to psr 2000/ T1 right thru to s970/T5 and I demoed Intro 3/vari 4 on majority of them, 1. to see what sounded the best
2. to get rid of duplicates.

Ended up dumping psr2000/2100 they didn’t sound too good. T1/T2 were sort of ok.

When it came to psr 3000 / T 3 styles and up , the T styles sounded better than psr version of the same style. Majority of styles I ended up with are T4/T5 except in the case of a missing voice on the rare occasion, in which case I substituted it with a psr style.
I was a bit disappointed with the Genos styles, they didn’t play back as well as I’d expected. Fortunately quite a few of them are on the sx anyway , and tweaking the odd one if needed, may not be that big a hassle.

The only ones I didn’t get to test were s975.

In the end , I think I have something like a couple of hundred styles that don’t exist on the sx. A lot I’ll never use, but there are some that I’m glad I didn’t lose.

Not sure if styles I chose would work as well on a sx700, it could also be missing some of the voices required.

For instance I noticed some of the styles that the sx700 doesn’t have ie beach rock , surf rock they may have been left off because of the vocal parts in the style, ie they have what sounds like beach boy vocals , especially noticeable on the intro’s.
Other vocal styles are missing too.
Don’t know if this would affect t4/T5 styles.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#480671 - 11/14/19 06:35 PM Re: Jeremy See Shows SX900/SX700 Differences [Re: Mikem]
rikkisbears Offline

Thank You Don,
I will do.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online