SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#480623 - 11/14/19 11:47 AM Re: Jeremy See Shows SX900/SX700 Differences [Re: Mikem]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Ian - can't go wrong with any of the recent PSRs! I really enjoy Jeremy's approach to evaluating things!

PS - Ian, I have many of your style creations and love them all! You are a style creation wizard and I am grateful for the wonderful styles that you developed! Thanks again!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#480625 - 11/14/19 11:55 AM Re: Jeremy See Shows SX900/SX700 Differences [Re: ianmcnll]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By ianmcnll
Originally Posted By Mikem
Originally Posted By saxxman
Thanks Mike! Good comparison by Jeremy!

You're welcome! Yes, I like Jeremy's videos. He knows his stuff.

This guy really does know his stuff, Mike and Randy.

In fact, it was Jeremy that convinced me to buy the PSR-S775...I don't use harmony, but it is cool that the 775 has a mic/line/guitar input (with effects) that also records in audio...the new "half bar" feature is cool although I already had a way around that issue.

The 775 uses all the styles from CVP's/T3/T2 and the older psr's including my old favorite the PSR-S910 ( I created a lot of styles for that old faithful)...I really like it a lot and play it more than my Tyros4.

Personally, I don't feel it lacks anything...in fact, if I was gigging again, I'd have a pair of 775's, one for back-up/home set up, the other in a case ready to go.

Definitely an an awesome bang for the buck.

Ian

Ian, my buddy! Great to hear that you are not an icicle!

#480626 - 11/14/19 12:00 PM Re: Jeremy See Shows SX900/SX700 Differences [Re: Mikem]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Thanks Randy and Don...nope, not an icicle, but we had our first snow today with freezing wind (-9 C), so, hopefully, I'll winter well...it is so good not having to gig over the winter.

Lot's of good music put up by you two lately...verrry nice!!!

Ian

#480627 - 11/14/19 12:10 PM Re: Jeremy See Shows SX900/SX700 Differences [Re: Mikem]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Thanks Ian! Glad to have and hear you back in the 'hood! Stay warm up there! We have a cold snap going down here, but it pales in comparison to the stuff you will have to deal with.... have a wonderful holiday season Ian!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#480628 - 11/14/19 12:18 PM Re: Jeremy See Shows SX900/SX700 Differences [Re: ianmcnll]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Definitely an awesome bang for the buck.

+1.

#480634 - 11/14/19 12:47 PM Re: Jeremy See Shows SX900/SX700 Differences [Re: W Tracy Parnell]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By W Tracy Parnell
And he makes a good argument for the 700. The only big thing missing is the chord looper IMO.

Hi , also styles and voices.

Can now play T3 thru to T5 styles , most sound fine without any tweaking.
My S950 couldn’t play a lot of these styles, missing voices. Couldn’t be bothered trying to fix them, they wouldn’t have sounded the same , if the voice didn’t exist on the keyboard.

Without the chord looper, the better speakers, the new styles and voices, the scat voices, Bluetooth ( which I use for connecting my iPad) there wouldn’t really have been much point in upgrading, I wouldn’t have bothered just for the sake of a touch screen.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#480635 - 11/14/19 12:48 PM Re: Jeremy See Shows SX900/SX700 Differences [Re: Mikem]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Ian,
great to see you back.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#480641 - 11/14/19 01:26 PM Re: Jeremy See Shows SX900/SX700 Differences [Re: rikkisbears]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By rikkisbears
Hi Ian,
great to see you back.

+1

🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵 🎹 🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#480644 - 11/14/19 01:48 PM Re: Jeremy See Shows SX900/SX700 Differences [Re: ianmcnll]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Originally Posted By Mikem
Originally Posted By saxxman
Thanks Mike! Good comparison by Jeremy!

You're welcome! Yes, I like Jeremy's videos. He knows his stuff.

This guy really does know his stuff, Mike and Randy.

In fact, it was Jeremy that convinced me to buy the PSR-S775...I don't use harmony, but it is cool that the 775 has a mic/line/guitar input (with effects) that also records in audio...the new "half bar" feature is cool although I already had a way around that issue.

The 775 uses all the styles from CVP's/T3/T2 and the older psr's including my old favorite the PSR-S910 ( I created a lot of styles for that old faithful)...I really like it a lot and play it more than my Tyros4.

Personally, I don't feel it lacks anything...in fact, if I was gigging again, I'd have a pair of 775's, one for back-up/home set up, the other in a case ready to go.

Definitely an awesome bang for the buck.

Ian

Hi, Ian! Welcome back. I was just thinking about you the other day. Glad to have you back, my Canadian friend. smile

#480645 - 11/14/19 01:52 PM Re: Jeremy See Shows SX900/SX700 Differences [Re: ianmcnll]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Thanks Randy and Don...nope, not an icicle, but we had our first snow today with freezing wind (-9 C), so, hopefully, I'll winter well...it is so good not having to gig over the winter.

Lot's of good music put up by you two lately...verrry nice!!!

Ian

I'm afraid we got our first, big snowfall here in the Montreal area . . . 20 centimeters. Well, as far as Montreal snowfalls go, it's not that big, but many were caught without their winter tires on. The new law says that they must be on by December 1st. Up until last year, it was December 15. Take care this winter, Ian, and be safe. smile

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online