SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#480441 - 11/12/19 02:21 PM Re: OT: Go Ravens [Re: Stephenm52]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Yes, the GIANTS are going through some growing pains ...
Good thing they benched their HOF QB, because their Defense couldn't stop ME from throwing a touchdown pass ... mad

#480444 - 11/12/19 02:51 PM Re: OT: Go Ravens [Re: travlin'easy]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
smile smile

All in good fun paesan! Speaking of Italian maybe after Thanksgiving and between Christmas gigs we can meet up at Tabor-Franchi VFW for some good Italian food.

#480462 - 11/12/19 04:12 PM Re: OT: Go Ravens [Re: travlin'easy]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Speaking of Randell Cunningham, (Chas) running QB's, for whatever reason have not done well in playoff games. It may be because defenses key on that aspect of the game, and assign a spy to make him beat ya with passes. Cunningham had one of the best defenses ever, yet, the Eagles offense could never get it done in the playoffs.

Now take Nick Foles, far far from a mobile QB, and he outscores the mighty Pats to win a Super Bowl. Or Eli Manning, another set in cement QB, he has 2 rings.

We shall see about Lamar Jackson. Is he a great regular season QB and a not so good playoff QB? Time will tell, and then there are other teams the Ravens need to worry about, Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs, and a guy named Brady and some team named the Patriots. And look out, the Steelers are hot hot hot smile

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#480470 - 11/12/19 05:46 PM Re: OT: Go Ravens [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Ah Larry, you mention Nick Foles; my son's favorite QB (I think my son likes his laid-back personality). Although you're MOSTLY correct smile , not ALL running QB's are duds in the playoffs. What about Fran Tarkenton, Russel Wilson, Steve Young, and a few others the ol' brain can't come up with. Don't know if you're including 'mobile quaterbacks' among the 'running' quarterbacks but what about Aaron Rodgers? True, the 'pocket passers' definitely have the edge but this new breed of QB's (Deshaun Watson, Lamar Jackson, Patrick Mahome, Jameis Winston, etc.) seems to be the new recruiting trend. I don't know if Michael Vick started it (maybe Randall C.) but they did add another level of excitement to the game (unless you're an ol' school purist smile ).

You mention regular season vs playoffs. Do you think the 'running QB's' might get more beat-up and rundown during the regular season and that this may account for the end-of-season performance drop-off? Possible, I guess. BTW, how's the health. Sounds like you're doing pretty well. I certainly hope so. Be well.

chas

#480479 - 11/12/19 06:33 PM Re: OT: Go Ravens [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I consider myself 'old school' - maybe because I'm just old - but I do think the 'new school' of quarterbacking certainly adds another level of excitement to the game ...
And I think you might be right, chas, about the running qb's getting beat up during the course of the season, similar to a running back ...
Fran T was a great ' scrambler' but he wasn't a ' running qb', except for his life ... grin

On a different note, I don't think any athlete in any sport could be deemed the 'greatest of all time' because the rules, conditions, and technology in every sport has changed so much ...

#480487 - 11/12/19 07:41 PM Re: OT: Go Ravens [Re: tony mads usa]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By tony mads usa

Fran T was a great ' scrambler' but he wasn't a ' running qb', except for his life ... grin

rotf2 That was funny.

chas

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online