Edited by Dnj (11/09/19 05:36 AM)

#479840 - 11/06/19 09:30 AM Re: What should I get next.. Thoughts? [Re: Dnj]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Ketron sd60? Or Wersi Pegasus Wing?

#479841 - 11/06/19 09:50 AM Re: What should I get next.. Thoughts? [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Stay away for 5 minutes and you miss something.
What happened to the Roland?
As you well know what to get is dependent on what you need ,so sit down, have a nice glass of wine or Jack Honey and think about that. Make a list, sometmes writing things down and seeing them helps you make clearer decisions.
Good Luck with whatever.

#479842 - 11/06/19 09:56 AM Re: What should I get next.. Thoughts? [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
How about an accordion? I’m not trying to be funny or sarcastic. But I think you just might be burned on arranger keyboards. Maybe a change of pace is what you need. Playing different instruments can be a fun challenge. Good luck.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#479843 - 11/06/19 10:02 AM Re: What should I get next.. Thoughts? [Re: Dnj]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Donny, if I may suggest something: get a Yamaha Montage or MODX. Why? Because the built in arpeggios offer a lot more possibilities than styles on an arranger keyboard. Better yet, add an arranger to the setup. You'll have the best of both worlds; the arranger for its styles, and the synth for incredible right hand sounds, in-depth sound sculpting, and of course, its Arpeggios.

I have a Motif XF, and I really enjoy its 7,881 arpeggios. The Montage and MODX have even more!

There's nothing like a synth as far as its features and sounds go. Or, get the Genos.

I wish you the best no matter what you choose.

My two cents. smile

P.S. May I ask why you decided against the E-A7? Just curious.

Edited by Mikem (11/06/19 10:31 AM)

#479846 - 11/06/19 10:34 AM Re: What should I get next.. Thoughts? [Re: Dnj]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Donny, I have other hobbies besides keyboard music, and I'm often dissatisfied with my purchases.

Step back and think for a bit... When was the last time you bought something, and it was unexpectedly good? Something that surprised you as being better than expected, and when you used it put a smile on your face, and made you say "Wow!"

That's what you should strive to re-create. NONE of these boards are going to be perfect. But if you accept their limitations based on what you already know, maybe you can find a way to enjoy what's good about them again.

I have a mid-range board from each of the major brands. Since Roland is my current favorite, I actually have boards from two generations (because some features I like were dropped.) Taking into account the resale value and storage space they take up, I think I'm in a good place. My $.02.

Edited by TedS (11/06/19 10:35 AM)

#479848 - 11/06/19 10:39 AM Re: What should I get next.. Thoughts? [Re: Dnj]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Thanx in advance...

Donny, I thought you had a pretty good idea to see what NAMM and Musikmesse have to offer. If you need a controller...I have the 61 m-audio oxygen that Don sent me. Be happy to send it to you...just cover the shipping. I think Don sent it to me for about $30.00. Might let you play with the vsti’s you have.
Let me know,
Mitch

#479849 - 11/06/19 10:40 AM Re: What should I get next.. Thoughts? [Re: Dnj]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Get a Hammond B3, stick a Korg Kronos on top and a Ketron SD40 to your side, them make sure you have a decent set of speakers and a leslie.

Bill

#479851 - 11/06/19 11:06 AM Re: What should I get next.. Thoughts? [Re: Mikem]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Mikem
Donny, if I may suggest something: get a Yamaha Montage or MODX. Why? Because the built in arpeggios offer a lot more possibilities than styles on an arranger keyboard. Better yet, add an arranger to the setup. You'll have the best of both worlds; the arranger for its styles, and the synth for incredible right hand sounds, in-depth sound sculpting, and of course, its Arpeggios.

I have a Motif XF, and I really enjoy its 7,881 arpeggios. The Montage and MODX have even more!

There's nothing like a synth as far as its features and sounds go. Or, get the Genos.

I wish you the best no matter what you choose.

My two cents. smile

P.S. May I ask why you decided against the E-A7? Just curious.

Mike good suggestions... I am looking into it..
How does the motif montage, modx vs the Fantom? I like the arpeggios too.. More creative then styles.

Edited by Dnj (11/06/19 11:08 AM)

#479853 - 11/06/19 11:10 AM Re: What should I get next.. Thoughts? [Re: jingleman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By jingleman
Originally Posted By Dnj
Thanx in advance...

Donny, I thought you had a pretty good idea to see what NAMM and Musikmesse have to offer. If you need a controller...I have the 61 m-audio oxygen that Don sent me. Be happy to send it to you...just cover the shipping. I think Don sent it to me for about $30.00. Might let you play with the vsti’s you have.
Let me know,
Mitch

Thanx Mitch... Tried the controller route.... Didn't workout..

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online