Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#479526 - 10/31/19 05:11 PM Paul Blood
Dnj Offline

Edited by Dnj (11/04/19 12:41 PM)

#479543 - 11/01/19 05:22 AM Re: for Paul Blood [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Trying to tempt me again LOL šŸ˜† Thanks for thinking of me my friend.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#479551 - 11/01/19 08:55 AM Re: for Paul Blood [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Paul your very welcome...Sx900 offers a lot for the
Latin music artist like yourself.

Good luck

#479636 - 11/02/19 07:57 PM Re: for Paul Blood [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

party

Edited by Dnj (11/02/19 08:01 PM)

#479652 - 11/02/19 09:53 PM Re: for Paul Blood [Re: Dnj]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
REFERENCE: the Mambo Genos video

Paul...I only stopped in the room for a second, but this video caught my attention. Through every few seconds of this I added a thought to my thought inventory. Example: the man is very musical, but not terribly creative, and probably not a professional, definitely could be a carnival barker capable of selling snow to the Eskimos. I like his joyous presentation and his feel for Spanish music. I'm not overwhelmed with admiration for his knowledge of music as he's only playing two chord riffs. I like that Genos Latin rhythm he's using. I like the sound of the Genos. I'm wondering what is the situation he's playing in? Wondering what he's saying in Spanish that filled up the whole 6:55 minutes and kept me hooked on watching it. Another example of.....you don't need to be a great musician to mesmerize an audience. And....I'm wondering if this is a Spanish cookware party in his home (invite friends and people you know) where you sell goods but start off the event with a little music (and a lot of talking).

Your thoughts because I believe this is part of your culture (or anyone's thoughts).

P.S. Paul, I don't know if I ever told you that I'm heavy into Latin American music. Been listening to it and enjoying it ever since I was a kid. Watch a lot of Spanish music videos and have a huge mp3 collection of all Spanish music. That and $6.99 will get you a Dominos large pie including the Senior Citizen discount on Tuesday nights.

#479732 - 11/05/19 07:07 AM Re: Paul Blood [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Its the player not the keyboard as you can see in these videos..

he sounds great on all models.. wink

#479736 - 11/05/19 07:50 AM Re: Paul Blood [Re: Dnj]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
It is what is inside of the player ā€“Talentā€”Desireā€”It is more than music for them.

Our search for a new keyboard falls 30% for what we need, and 70% for enjoyment. And there is nothing wrong with that., no matter how many or how long you keep them. To each his own.

Latin music has always been my favorite. I visited Latin clubs where whites were not allowed to go, but, my sax player fit in, when they saw him they fussed over him, hugged him, and unpacked his Tenor Sax and placed him in the middle of the group. They truly love their music, and if they bought their instruments at a dollar store, they still would sound good.

My opinion:
If we would use part of this forum, maybe about 39%, and share the elements of what make a player good, and what makes a performer good, and not forget that we have only our opinion, which works for us, players would might improve. The norm is, what we find the wrong, I am guilty of that myself. Yes, we should discuss the negatives, but we should spend more time on discussing on what was good/positive.

Just my thoughts, John C.

PS, there was a show on TV, it was called, ā€œCan you top thisā€. There are times when the same game is being played here. Not good, it breeds contempt, and kills friendship.
There I go, Iā€™m preaching again, I canā€™t help myself.

#479739 - 11/05/19 07:55 AM Re: Paul Blood [Re: Dnj]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Only IF they sing (and well helps) IF they only play the keyboard sound quality is very important.....just like a lot of today's groups...the guitars and drums are so loud you can barely hear the singers...and in some cases that's good as they sing very poorly...BUT they have all the moves on stage (sometimes half naked!).

So if you sing really well, the quality of sound from the board is not as important IMHO....yes you need good backing tracks...but lot's of performers down here in FL use a PC for that, and they sound pretty good. They are all really good singers too. about 3 times a week here where I live (On Top of the World 55+) we have live entertainment.

Just saying....IMHO that's how I see it...

#479799 - 11/05/19 06:18 PM Re: Paul Blood [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I finally watched the ā€œ mambo ā€œ Grest stuff, Juan JosĆ© plays great and has such a great singing and speaking voice too. I hope can meet up with him the next time Iā€™m in Mexico City. Iā€™ve seen so great arranger keyboards whenever I go down to Mexico. Itā€™s diffidently a common practice down there. Very different from the USA.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online