SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#479746 - 11/05/19 10:06 AM Re: Health and performing [Re: jingleman]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
So tasty! Been playing this little gem for years.

R.

#479794 - 11/05/19 05:31 PM Re: Health and performing [Re: DonM]
zuki Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
I've already dropped a couple of times but have been able to get back up so far! smile smile

I feel better about myself now...….. healing from my broken wrist on a 'dog' fall

Edited by zuki (11/05/19 05:32 PM)

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#479795 - 11/05/19 05:38 PM Re: Health and performing [Re: sparky589]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Thanks Sparky for another great thread! Good discussion on the trials and tribulations we all are facing daily with our aging processes. Just coming "out" of my triple bypass, I wonder how much longer I can go to the beach in 105 degree heat and set up my amp and wait for the wedding party to show up (which is usually way late!). So far, so good and I will keep gigging as long as my health will allow me to. But playing at home is also a wonderful way to keep the mind alert and focused for sure. Not having to deal with managers, ADs, traffic and weather makes relaxing at home w/headphones and the amazing technology we enjoy these days even sweeter.

Thanks Chas! Also loved the Etta Jones version of the song "Don't Misunderstand". Saxman and vocals were perfect! This is a wonderful song that is rarely heard. Alan McPike offers a great backing track for the singers and horn players of the world... Here is a recording of my good friend Enny Monaco playing the McPike version of the song.

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#479798 - 11/05/19 06:18 PM Re: Health and performing [Re: sparky589]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Randy, I've listened to Allan for years. That's the guy you need to listen to if you want to learn how to properly accompany someone. Nice sax work. He wouldn't by chance be related to Tony Monaco, would he? Wasn't sure if your reference to 'Etta James' was just a typo or a reference to a different recording. The one I posted featured Etta Jones. I love both of them anyway smile.

chas

#479800 - 11/05/19 06:30 PM Re: Health and performing [Re: cgiles]
saxxman Offline

Chas - wow! Always great to meet another McPike fan! I have a ton of his tracks. He does super work for sure. I will ask Enny if he's related to Tony Monaco. We never have met other than through the 'net, but we have had a lot of dialogue on sax playing.

Sorry - old age creeping on me. I read it right and typed it wrong. Etta Jones did a phenomenal job!

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#479813 - 11/06/19 05:29 AM Re: Health and performing [Re: sparky589]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Wouldn't surprise me if that smooth, unobtrusive bass was Allan playing pedals----he's that good. He's another one of those 'invisible' guys known mostly by other admiring musicians.

chas

#479814 - 11/06/19 05:43 AM Re: Health and performing [Re: sparky589]
Dnj Offline

wow has this thread taken a nose dive south.....getting back to the original topic....Sparky I hope your getting the medical attention you need and make a tremendous comeback to a healthy lifestyle.
Happy Holidays to you and yours also.

#479824 - 11/06/19 07:26 AM Re: Health and performing [Re: sparky589]
saxxman Offline

+1 - Sparky, best wishes for your continued good health and may positive strides come your way in the coming months.

#479828 - 11/06/19 07:57 AM Re: Health and performing [Re: cgiles]
saxxman Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
Wouldn't surprise me if that smooth, unobtrusive bass was Allan playing pedals----he's that good. He's another one of those 'invisible' guys known mostly by other admiring musicians.

chas

Right on Chas! Here's an appropriate selection of Alan playing pedals with his usual flair. Man this guy exudes talent. Just sayin'. Listening to Alan has inspired me time and time again and will continue to do so.

#479829 - 11/06/19 07:58 AM Re: Health and performing [Re: saxxman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By saxxman
Originally Posted By cgiles

chas

Right on Chas! Here's an appropriate selection of Alan playing pedals with his usual flair. Man this guy exudes talent. Just sayin'. Listening to Alan has inspired me time and time again and will continue to do so.

Randy and no arranger in sight.. Just sayin..

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online