SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#479294 - 10/29/19 05:05 PM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: Dnj]
DannyUK Offline

Hi Gary,

I'm really sorry to hear of your illness, I didn't realise you had a lung problem, it's fantastic that you've beaten the odds and long may it continue.

I know you say you couldn't justify purchasing an SX900, but is that because you'd have it in addition to the S950 as you could always put that towards the SX900, you'd still only have the 1 keyboard whether it's an S950 or SX900, the situation will be the same, unless you were thinking of eventually owning no keyboards at all.

I think you should go for the SX900, you deserve to experience this keyboard as it's really that good. I'm sure you'd get a decent trade in price for an S950?

All the best to you,
Danny

#479295 - 10/29/19 05:12 PM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Gary,
Yes , am aware about having to sell the boat, but for your own safety, and maybe for others, what other choice could you make, no matter how much it hurt.

Truly awful that singing is no longer an option, but you still have hands and a good brain, remember you mentioning about reading the manual if you had an sx.

Never give up , doctors aren’t always right. When my husband broke his back , age 28, doctors told us expected life span of a parapalegic was 50 to 55 years of age. The old B**ger is still around going on for 72. So there.

As for the kids, gave my granddaughter psr 1500, don’t know how much she played it.
Gave her the PA800, handed it back with a broken key ( which I replaced , with a bit of help from the other half). She plays a bit of guitar, keyboards don’t really interest her, so sold the rest of mine on eBay. Sheer laziness , or the hassle of it, I never got round to it till a few weeks back.

Been to SA, but not Woomera, would have been an interesting place back then.

Look forward to hearing your rendition of Waltzing Matilda when your voice improves enough for you to record it.

Thank You too Gary,
This place has been a hoot, over many years.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#479418 - 10/30/19 05:00 PM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: rikkisbears]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By rikkisbears

Goodness gracious Gary, If you can afford ito do it,,and your health is still up to it, why not go for it. There’s probably lots of things your family will have to sell that may not be of any use to them. What is one more item. If it sparks you up, wouldn’t it be worth it.

Sitting here at the moment crying my eyes out, lost my little 16 year old parrot yesterday, my little music buddy, my captive audience, Got me thru some tough times over the years with his crazy antics, always made me laugh.
Going thru a bit of a dilemma, do I replace him, ( if my husband offers) knowing full well a new one may well outlive me, therefore placing a burden on my family should that happen.

Hi,
Well, I decided to get another little parrot. My husband realised how distraught I was over the little guys passing away. Woke me up at 2am and stated, we should replace little Charlie, even he misses the welcoming hello the little guy used to give us when we came home.

So what if he outlives me, came up with a plan, I’ll include him in the WILL, haha, a cashed up bird shouldn’t have too much problem finding a home. Haha. Kidding?

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#479422 - 10/30/19 05:16 PM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: rikkisbears]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Originally Posted By rikkisbears

Hi,
Well, I decided to get another little parrot. My husband realised how distraught I was over the little guys passing away. Woke me up at 2am and stated, we should replace little Charlie, even he misses the welcoming hello the little guy used to give us when we came home.

So what if he outlives me, came up with a plan, I’ll include him in the WILL, haha, a cashed up bird shouldn’t have too much problem finding a home. Haha. Kidding?

Now that's a great plan, and your husband sounds like a cool dude.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#479424 - 10/30/19 05:27 PM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: lahawk]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By lahawk

Now that's a great plan, and your husband sounds like a cool dude.

He is Larry.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#479432 - 10/30/19 06:06 PM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Rikki, my name is Charles so clearly you named Charley after me, probably in honor of my cheery disposition. You should name the new guy Gary, although, given your history with Synthzone, I'd lean towards 'Nigel' smile.

chas

#479433 - 10/30/19 06:09 PM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

OR.....you could have a 'Name That Bird' contest right here on SZ. I'm sure you'd get some clever submissions.

#479435 - 10/30/19 06:35 PM Re: Sx900 First Impressions [Re: Dnj]
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Hi Rikki, let me guess, was it an African lovebird???? (peachface).
I used to breed them extensively for many years, and if tame, they make a great pet.

Ray dance

#479438 - 10/30/19 07:47 PM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: cgiles]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
Rikki, my name is Charles so clearly you named Charley after me, probably in honor of my cheery disposition. You should name the new guy Gary, although, given your history with Synthzone, I'd lean towards 'Nigel' smile.

chas

Hi Chas
Obviously, no if’s, no but’s. haha.

It’s going to be Charlie again, King Charles 3rd. Haha, surname being King, and he’s my 3rd little parrot. Charlie for short.

Sorry Gary and Nigel. Haha

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#479439 - 10/30/19 08:07 PM Re: Sx900 First Impressions [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

cry darn!

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online