SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#47929 - 08/17/03 04:41 AM Kn6000 Midi in
MrD Offline

Loc: Norway
Hi.. I try to connect my computer vi midiman midisport to midi in at my Kn6000. When i try to play one midi file at my computer nothings happen ( no sound). Is there something in the midi setup meny in Kn6000 i have to do?? It works on my roland keyboard, so is not at comouter problems..

------------------
Best regards
Svein Tore Duås

#47930 - 08/17/03 07:27 AM Re: Kn6000 Midi in
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
MrD, I don't know anything about your query but I do want to welcome you on your first post. Usually there is someone that has had experience with that. Tell us something about yourself so we all can get better acquainted with you and your stuff. You got a good start by posting here for this is the spot where technics owners help technics guys, not to mention, gals with technics. Technics? Well I guess that’s right. What I mean is style of playing. Think I better stop here because sometimes things just don’t come across the way you think they should. Yes, you will also find some of the best musicians in all digi land. I guess it is no wonder that the finest players always want the finest in sound reproduction. The best part is that most everybody is willing to share not only their expertise in knowledge but also in their art. Great place to be, and again, welcome to Technics land.

Grandpa Doug

#47931 - 08/17/03 08:50 AM Re: Kn6000 Midi in
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I try to connect my computer vi midiman midisport to midi in at my Kn6000. When i try to play one midi file at my computer nothings happen ( no sound).

Mrd, I have little knowledge of midi, but I will give some basic rules and things to watch for. This subject could fill a small book.
1-When you connect two midi instruments they must talk to each other on the same chanel. When you call someone, you both must be on the smae line to excanhge information.
2-Each instrument has it's list of what it will do and not do. Most of these areas can be adjusted.
EX.
The midi chanel(1thru16) plus a lot of other data coming in and out of the instrument. They do have a Midi Implementation Chart in the blue reference guide you recieved with your keyboard. It will tell you much of what you can and cannot do.

My opinion would be to keep very basic. If you intend to use it a lot, get a book on basic Midi, it will simplify the subjest.

If you intend to work with a sequence program like Sonar-Cakewalk, a basic midi book will make life easier.

I have done my share of learning midi by trial and error. It was frustrating, but I did it.

I hope I haven't discouraged you,
Good luck, John C.

#47932 - 08/17/03 09:03 AM Re: Kn6000 Midi in
MrD Offline

Hi again..

First thanks for a warm welcome.
I have been watching this forum for many years and i'm impressed of the quality of this forum.
I'm a 35 years old unmarried man from Langesund in south part of Norway.
My proffesional is Technical Leader in a smal Company working with Environment pollution controll.
I have been playing in a band called "Brakkelaget" for about 10 year now. My instruments are keyboards.

At the moment i own a KN6000, AC 1200 and Roland E86..

------------------------------------------
I'm been working with midi and midi instruments for about 12 years now, so I know the rules of midi. I will try to explain better. I want to play midi direct from my computer with Sonar XL and set the program to play midi out with my midiman midisport (USBmidi interface). I have a midi cable connected to midi in on Kn6000.

I start Sonar to play my midi but no sound in my keyboard ( yes i have choosen the correct midi output devices). So my question is! Do i have to set up my Kn6000in a specially way to recive midi signal from my computer. My other instruments always go automatic to "midi modus" when i start the song. Offcourse if you have a sysex in front of the midi file.
I only want my KN6000 to be a "midi player", so i can do all others changes in Sonar XL.

Best Regards
Svein Tore Duås
Langesund
Norway

[This message has been edited by MrD (edited 08-17-2003).]

#47933 - 08/20/03 01:23 PM Re: Kn6000 Midi in
MrD Offline

Hi again...
The problem is solved. I just needed to update my USB driver for the USB interface..

------------------
Best regards
Svein Tore Duås

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online