SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#479362 - 10/30/19 11:10 AM Re: Roland EA-7 is going to be discontinued Soon??? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
The EA-7 speakers don't have the same "ooomph" that the SX has, but it sounds nice at lower volumes. I'd describe it as "boxy". There's not as much area for bass reflex in that teeny package. Not a downer for most, but I like the SX to stand alone for many of it's intended uses. I hooked up the Fishman sub to it today, and MAN - what a great combo.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SASub--fishman-sa-sub-300w-subwoofer-for-the-sa330x

HIGHLY recommended.

I never use the onboard speakers anyway,...I hooked it up to my little Mackie freeplay live and it sounded much better then the onboard speakersn....but then I ran it IN STEREO
thru my Big RCF Jmix8 speaker system and OMG it sounded sooooooo goood, Livvvvvvvve as if the band was right behind me ..it's all coming back to me with a bit of help from Fran & Don M....and yes Tootsie rolls came with this unit..just sayin'

#479367 - 10/30/19 11:28 AM Re: Roland EA-7 is going to be discontinued Soon??? [Re: Harold123]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
OK, so we ride this wave for a bit ... good luck.

#479368 - 10/30/19 11:34 AM Re: Roland EA-7 is going to be discontinued Soon??? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

OK, so we ride this wave for a bit ... good luck.

What can I say Dave ....
honestly it's a dam good arranger KB that keeps me busy
sounds terrific and is definitely fun to play..
If Roland decides to release a new TOTL arranger kb
I will pre-order sight unseen.
Good luck with your New SX900 use it well.

#479375 - 10/30/19 12:34 PM Re: Roland EA-7 is going to be discontinued Soon??? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
The EA-7 speakers don't have the same "ooomph" that the SX has, but it sounds nice at lower volumes. I'd describe it as "boxy". There's not as much area for bass reflex in that teeny package. Not a downer for most, but I like the SX to stand alone for many of it's intended uses. I hooked up the Fishman sub to it today, and MAN - what a great combo.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SASub--fishman-sa-sub-300w-subwoofer-for-the-sa330x

HIGHLY recommended.

So....Let me understand this.. By adding the 300 watt sub woofer, you loved the sound shocked

Did you get enough ooomph?

Dave everything I read says bring out the lows of your guitar etc.. Very vague specs. What is the frequency response specs.. I can't find anywhere.
It says 109db (typical low rate).
Is it really designed to compliment a guitar then a true sub?

Edited by Fran Carango (10/30/19 12:48 PM)

#479376 - 10/30/19 12:38 PM Re: Roland EA-7 is going to be discontinued Soon??? [Re: Harold123]
Uncle Dave Offline

Sub Gud.
Oh baby.

#479379 - 10/30/19 12:42 PM Re: Roland EA-7 is going to be discontinued Soon??? [Re: leeboy]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By leeboy
WOW, the E-A7 is $1,000 cheaper than a SX-900 (MAP price) so maybe I should look at it too???
How are the sounds for instrumental performance compared to SX-900??
Lee

Hi Lee,
might be worth trying to find out if the styles would suit what you like to play,
or you might be back in the same situation as you were with the Korg.

I’m totally out of touch with styles on rolands , last one I had was va7, which goes back many years.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#479384 - 10/30/19 12:58 PM Re: Roland EA-7 is going to be discontinued Soon??? [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

If Roland decides to release a new TOTL arranger kb I will pre-order sight unseen.

and then you'll .......... (just sayin?) 😇

LOLOLOL

#479385 - 10/30/19 01:03 PM Re: Roland EA-7 is going to be discontinued Soon??? [Re: Fran Carango]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango

By adding the 300 watt sub woofer, you loved the sound shocked

Did you get enough ooomph?

Maybe with the sub, I might have liked the EA-7 a bit more. It's night and day on the SX ... but it outta be. Remember years ago at one of your parties ... I used my i5S with my Galleon Kruger bass amp as a sub ... totally made it usable and filled the area.

This Fishman sub has an extended low cut filter that widens the Q, and 3 settings - 80hz, 100hz, and 120hz. I prefer 100 in this situation. There's plenty of power, and it's a nice, tight sound. Makes the kb speakers sound 3 times as loud.

#479388 - 10/30/19 01:10 PM Re: Roland EA-7 is going to be discontinued Soon??? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I found the specs

30-125 Hz Frequency Response

#479392 - 10/30/19 01:16 PM Re: Roland EA-7 is going to be discontinued Soon??? [Re: Harold123]
Uncle Dave Offline

It kicks butt, and is plenty loud enough for my rooms. It's not just for guitar - they market it for whole band use.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online