SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#479109 - 10/27/19 04:40 PM Re: PSR-SX-900 Yamaha or EA-7 Roland Best Keybed? [Re: rikkisbears]
Harold123 Offline

Loc: Harrisville Pa USA
Hi Rikki...Thank You for responding. The Yamaha P-121 is a Excellent Portable Piano. I believe Uncle Dave Loves his also. A beautiful 9' Yamaha Grand sound. My wife plays Piano very well. She had a lot of lessons years ago. I'm a self taught person, started on Accordion When I was 10 or 11...But I Love arrangers also. I do have the new casio PX-S1000. It has the stunning Steinway Humberg G. Sampling. Awsome Action. I guess I could use the PSR-sx900 or Roland EA-7 With it. The only thing the Hammer action is hard on My aging fingers. But Maybe worth a Try. I guess I would only be using the Piano maybe 20% of the time...The rest Spliting the left and right most of the time on a arranger. I'm In no hurry at this time. Waiting for more reviews of the SX-900...I see nothing but good reviews at this time. Again thank You....Harold from Western Pennsylvania USA.

#479128 - 10/27/19 08:29 PM Re: PSR-SX-900 Yamaha or EA-7 Roland Best Keybed? [Re: Harold123]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Harold,
I haven’t really played piano in over 20 years. I do like the heavier action, figure it might help strengthen up my fingers again. One can hope. Haha

I had the korgs, but I also had a psrs950, which I never played up till about 3 months ago.
Did not like the action on it at all. I changed a setting which helped a bit, but for me not that great.
Anyway , swapped it for an sx900, quite happy with the action on it.
No opportunity to try Rolands 6 to 7 hour drive to nearest dealer.
Hopefully you get a chance to try both and see what feels good to you.

There is always the piano/ midi option, for the occasional playing.

My brain automatically goes to the midi option ie piano as controller for keyboard, but, Uncle Dave suggested you me why not just use piano for melody, chords via the keyboard. Ie like an organ setup. There again there are also those 8 chord loops in the sx900, haven’t gotten round to that one yet. They can play the chords, I have both hands for piano.
Been busy selling off 3 of my keyboards to try and make space for the piano and s x900 in the same room. Haha

Good luck with your keyboard hunt.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online