SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#478875 - 10/25/19 07:55 AM where are the audio styles to download?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Tried to find the audio styles that were in the older PSRs, but all I found were the Genos batch, and the SX didn't recognize them. Anyone import these styles into your SX yet?

#478876 - 10/25/19 08:07 AM Re: where are the audio styles to download? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

#478879 - 10/25/19 08:09 AM Re: where are the audio styles to download? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Been there, thanks, but those are the Genos styles that I tried without success.

#478882 - 10/25/19 08:17 AM Re: where are the audio styles to download? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Been there, thanks, but those are the Genos styles that I tried without success.

Audio styles

read this it might help? or not

Edited by Dnj (10/25/19 08:17 AM)

#478883 - 10/25/19 08:20 AM Re: where are the audio styles to download? [Re: Uncle Dave]
DannyUK Offline

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately, there are no free downloads for those PSR Audio styles as I am also looking for them.

They are only for sale on the Yamaha site at £37 a pop! (not sure what they are in $).

There are people that do have them but they've either bought them or acquired them somehow. I am in the process of buying the Latin pack at some point but just needed to see if they would work on the SX900 as I would have to purchase it in T5 format.

#478884 - 10/25/19 08:22 AM Re: where are the audio styles to download? [Re: DannyUK]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DannyUK
Hi Dave,

Unfortunately, there are no free downloads for those PSR Audio styles as I am also looking for them.

They are only for sale on the Yamaha site at £37 a pop! (not sure what they are in $).

There are people that do have them but they've either bought them or acquired them somehow. I am in the process of buying the Latin pack at some point but just needed to see if they would work on the SX900 as I would have to purchase it in T5 format.

37 Pound sterling equals
47.48 United States Dollar

#478888 - 10/25/19 08:33 AM Re: where are the audio styles to download? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Still searching, with no luck. I remember liking the audio styles, but not at $50 a pop. The drums sound really good in this instrument. I just remember liking the swing and bossa audio styles.

#478890 - 10/25/19 09:02 AM Re: where are the audio styles to download? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

making headway ... had to install the YEM (expansion manager), and I'm loading the styles now. Hope it works.

#478893 - 10/25/19 09:15 AM Re: where are the audio styles to download? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

WHOO HOOOO! It worked! Here's the youtube link to the way to do it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdMMqEcKwz4
First download the files from https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_...ml#product-tabs
Then install the Expansion manager in your computer. The rest was easy ... a bit time consuming, but follow the video, and it's simple. I now have 8 banks of Genos audio styles loaded in the SX900. The packs I installed are in the picture of the YEM. SUCCESS!

BTW - I found similar titles (ie: Canadian Rock) that sound much improved with audio instruments added. (duh) Haven't gone through all of them, but so far, only one swing style had a weird ride cymbal thing going on. I'll test them all out later today, and report as I learn.

Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-10-25 at 12.14.44 PM.png

#478894 - 10/25/19 09:16 AM Re: where are the audio styles to download? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

clap keys

#478895 - 10/25/19 09:18 AM Re: where are the audio styles to download? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

I'm exhausted.
smile

#478897 - 10/25/19 09:21 AM Re: where are the audio styles to download? [Re: Uncle Dave]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I knew there was a way to do it, but haven't gotten that far yet.
Thanks for the info!

#478899 - 10/25/19 09:24 AM Re: where are the audio styles to download? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

It took about 10 minutes total, including downloading the styles from Yamaha. This makes the instrument so much more interesting to me. I'm even starting to "tame" the harmonizer. It'll never replace or compare to the TC stuff, but in a pinch, I can make some things work. It's more of a playability issue than a sonic one. I still can't find a way to have it read my voice when no style is playing. That's big for me.

#478902 - 10/25/19 09:33 AM Re: where are the audio styles to download? [Re: Uncle Dave]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Yamaha harmonizers have never done that Dave. Hope you can find a way though.

#478905 - 10/25/19 09:47 AM Re: where are the audio styles to download? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
This is the same way as Genos. I have it connected USB and use EManager.
Hopefully the issue where we have to tick all items when send to keyboard is over with V2, because if we don't, only the marked ones being transferred.
It always format the memory before add anything.....
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#478913 - 10/25/19 10:41 AM Re: where are the audio styles to download? [Re: Uncle Dave]
DannyUK Offline

I got excited there for a minute Dave, I thought you meant you'd found the PSR S970/S975 Audio Styles!!! That will be some challenge !

#478915 - 10/25/19 10:43 AM Re: where are the audio styles to download? [Re: Uncle Dave]
DannyUK Offline

BTW, you could probably fit another 12 expansion packs on top of those Audio packs you've got there already!!! Loads of memory to play with. Only thing though I wished I knew how much memory was left to play with after an installation, there might be a way to find out but just haven't found out yet.

Edited by DannyUK (10/25/19 10:43 AM)

#478941 - 10/25/19 12:48 PM Re: where are the audio styles to download? [Re: DannyUK]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By DannyUK
I thought you meant you'd found the PSR S970/S975 Audio Styles!!!

Danny, are the 950 audio styles that different from the Genos? These sound pretty darn good. The rock stuff utilizes the scat voices very well. The 50s stuff is way cool.

#478943 - 10/25/19 12:52 PM Re: where are the audio styles to download? [Re: Uncle Dave]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi ,
I installed them all a couple of days ago. ( not the S 975 ones). Would the actual file size give you a rough indication of how much space was left, if there’s no other way of checking, though thinking there probably must be.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#478945 - 10/25/19 12:55 PM Re: where are the audio styles to download? [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny
This is the same way as Genos. I have it connected USB and use EManager.
Hopefully the issue where we have to tick all items when send to keyboard is over with V2, because if we don't, only the marked ones being transferred.
It always format the memory before add anything.....

Hi Jonny, no we have to tick everything, weird a single item can’t be added. Is what it is.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#478947 - 10/25/19 12:58 PM Re: where are the audio styles to download? [Re: Uncle Dave]
rikkisbears Offline

I still can't find a way to have it read my voice when no style is playing. That's big for me.

Hi Dave , do you mean when you’re playing it as a solo instrument , or what?

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#478956 - 10/25/19 01:40 PM Re: where are the audio styles to download? [Re: rikkisbears]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By rikkisbears

Hi Jonny, no we have to tick everything, weird a single item can’t be added. Is what it is.

Yeah, and that's what I hope is changed when Genos update V2 is onboard.
The first timme I installed packs, I could not see why the already innstalled was gone when add new.
Once you've learned about it, no problem, but the more packs, the longer time to load as the numbers grows.
Hopefully next is that we can add one and one........
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#478962 - 10/25/19 01:51 PM Re: where are the audio styles to download? [Re: Uncle Dave]
DannyUK Offline

Danny, are the 950 audio styles that different from the Genos? These sound pretty darn good. The rock stuff utilizes the scat voices very well. The 50s stuff is way cool.

I had an S950 in the past and it had 25 Audio styles but they are not the same ones found in the T5 for Genos download (as Genos does not natively have Audio Styles),

Those 25 audio styles are all found in the S970/S975 but with 15 additional ones.

For some reason Yamaha have separated the T5 and PSR S audio styles and deemed the PSR S ones better?? After all they are the ones on sale whereas the T5 ones are free downloads. Be that as it may, the T5 Audio styles are just as good in my opinion as the PSR S ones.... so its a little curious what Yamaha have done there, it's as if they just didn't know what to really do with them and eventually decided to flog a few to make a return then abandoned the rest and with it the idea of them completely which is a shame.

Edited by DannyUK (10/25/19 02:01 PM)

#478963 - 10/25/19 01:52 PM Re: where are the audio styles to download? [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny

Yeah, and that's what I hope is changed when Genos update V2 is onboard.
The first timme I installed packs, I could not see why the already innstalled was gone when add new.
Once you've learned about it, no problem, but the more packs, the longer time to load as the numbers grows.
Hopefully next is that we can add one and one........

Hi Jonny,
happened to me too the other day, decided to try one of the free paks, installed it, and the 4 onboard Yem paks got wiped. So ticked all of them , loaded them, and everything was there.
Assumed I’d done something wrong, so confirmed if what I did was correct over on psr forum. Unfortunately it was. Has to be one big download. Be interesting to see if they do change it for the Genos, wouldn’t get your hopes up though. Fingers crossed.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#478964 - 10/25/19 02:02 PM Re: where are the audio styles to download? [Re: rikkisbears]
Uncle Dave Offline

do you mean when you’re playing it as a solo instrument , or what?

Hmmmm .... thought I responded to this question. (gremlins?)
Anyhoo - I often start a song acapella (with harmony), and then kick on the drums. Yamaha doesn't allow the harmonies to appear unless the rhythm is running. (it may, in vocoder mode, but I use chord mode). This setback (for me) also makes it impossible to hold out a long note after the style has stopped. That's another thing I do a lot.

#478965 - 10/25/19 02:11 PM Re: where are the audio styles to download? [Re: rikkisbears]
DannyUK Offline

Unfortunately it was. Has to be one big download. Be interesting to see if they do change it for the Genos, wouldn’t get your hopes up though. Fingers crossed.

Hi Rikki,

Yes this is something that has bothered me a little as I would much prefer adding the packs as you go along whilst also displaying how much space you have left!! As at the moment you can't tell unless the SX900 fails to load a pack?

The error message I get is "failed to access data" but I am not sure if I've put too many packs in or if there's something wrong somewhere else.

#478967 - 10/25/19 02:26 PM Re: where are the audio styles to download? [Re: Uncle Dave]
rikkisbears Offline

Anyhoo - I often start a song acapella (with harmony), and then kick on the drums. Yamaha doesn't allow the harmonies to appear unless the rhythm is running. (it may, in vocoder mode, but I use chord mode). This setback (for me) also makes it impossible to hold out a long note after the style has stopped. That's another thing I do a lot.

Hi Dave,
I must have missed it, it was 6am when I started reading. Haha
Still in half sleep mode, so this may not be possible ,
but could a registration be used that silenced the style itself, rhythm is still running. There’s 8 registrations to play with.. Unfortunately can’t use a mic to test it.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#478969 - 10/25/19 03:40 PM Re: where are the audio styles to download? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Telmo Offline

Loc: Brazil - South America
WHOO HOOOO! It worked! Here's the youtube link to the way to do it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdMMqEcKwz4
First download the files from https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_...ml#product-tabs
Then install the Expansion manager in your computer. The rest was easy ... a bit time consuming, but follow the video, and it's simple. I now have 8 banks of Genos audio styles loaded in the SX900. The packs I installed are in the picture of the YEM. SUCCESS!

BTW - I found similar titles (ie: Canadian Rock) that sound much improved with audio instruments added. (duh) Haven't gone through all of them, but so far, only one swing style had a weird ride cymbal thing going on. I'll test them all out later today, and report as I learn.

The good thing is: now that you have the Audio Styles in the User memory of the SX-900 if you wish, you can copy all of them to a Usb-stick and no more worries of losing them when you have to format and install more data on the user memory using the YEM. Happy playing.

#478970 - 10/25/19 04:10 PM Re: where are the audio styles to download? [Re: Uncle Dave]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Thanks again Telmo, Rikki, and Dave - Definitely appreciate all your expertise and willingness to share your knowledge! smile

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#478978 - 10/25/19 05:53 PM Re: where are the audio styles to download? [Re: rikkisbears]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Dave,
but could a registration be used that silenced the style itself, rhythm is still running. There’s 8 registrations to play with.. Unfortunately can’t use a mic to test it.

Hi Dave,
I turned the style part volume down to zero and saved it as a registration.
The chords change in left hand, no sound.
As soon as I press another registration, back to normal.
Maybe it might work for you with harmoniser, I can’t try it.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#478986 - 10/25/19 09:43 PM Re: where are the audio styles to download? [Re: rikkisbears]
Uncle Dave Offline

Hi Dave,

Hi Dave,

Thanks Rikki, but that's too specific to be a general workaround. I need flexibility at a moment's notice. I knew the VH2 was sub par going into this, but there are so many other great things I like. In many cases, when I take this out on a job, I'll just sing straight without the backups. When it's more important, the TC will fill the bill.

#479015 - 10/26/19 12:13 PM Re: where are the audio styles to download? [Re: Uncle Dave]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Dave,

Thanks Rikki, but that's too specific to be a general workaround. I need flexibility at a moment's notice. I knew the VH2 was sub par going into this, but there are so many other great things I like. In many cases, when I take this out on a job, I'll just sing straight without the backups. When it's more important, the TC will fill the bill. [/quote]

Hi Dave,
I was thinking a generic silent style on registration 8 , something along those lines.
Theoretically sounded ok . In practice obviously not. Haha

Good to hear it’s not a deal breaker for you.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online